Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time To Check Out My Hospital's Er!

Alright. I have never felt so much rage and hatred towards a mass of people. Now I'm in isolation' date=' my drain test came back with what they think is MRSA and my radiologist said something "looked funny" when she did my barium swallow this morning. I'm a ball of fury today. So far, my sleeve was not worth it. At all.[/quote']

I too am praying for you. Trust in God and everything will work itself out. You are stronger than this leak, infection, and anything else sent your way. You are a fighter and that fighting instinct has brought you this far. You listened to your body and thank God you were given some answers to why you weren't feeling good. Stay strong! We are here for you, we are praying for you, and when prayers go up blessings come down! God can move mountains and without a doubt he can heal and protect you. People like iggy have been where you are now any they are living testimonies that God heals and delivers. Keep the faith!

Praying without ceasing!

Oh Liz...I'm so sad for you. I totally get how you feel of course, and wish you weren't in this position! I understand the rage, frustration and probably deep sadness you are feeling right now. This was supposed to be the magic bullet right? And then it just feels like a bullet :( I am encouraged you're mad. I got so worn down by it all I reached a point where I just cried. Everytime they'd draw blood, do another test, attempt another fix, I just bawled constantly (I'm not a cryer). It's so debilitating to feel so out of control. And the pain was very hard on me as I'm sure it is on you. My heart is there with you Liz even if I'm not there in person. Fight, even if it's hard. And do you have someone with you darling? Family etc????

I hope the "fully" is a repairable leak and the MRSA can be dealt with quickly. Oh gad Liz...I'm sorry honey. :(

Praying for you

Liz...so sorry to hear this news. I will keep you in my prayers as well, and if you need to vent, we are here to listen. Most people have no idea how life threatening surgery can be, and it really sucks that your health is now compromised.

You have every reason to be angry as all heck, but you also need to tap into your own reserves to get your mind in the right place to give this your best fight. You will get through this!!!

Liz, you are in my thoughts and prayers! You have A LOT of prayer warriors! Keep your head up sweetie! Xoxo

They finally found the leak. It's weeks more strict NPO or ANOTHER surgery, with MORE surgical risks. I smell a lawsuit.

Also can't stop crying and I am NOT a crier. I'm incredibly tempted to walk downstairs right now and interrupt my surgeon during his WLS seminar just to let people know, I'm the face of his "first" sleeve leak.

I am so sorry for all you are going through. My thoughts and prayers are with you!! Hopefully, since they've found this leak you can start recovering.

Liz, this sucks! I've been praying for you and will continue. Use your anger to fuel your recovery! And anytime you want to vent, we're here for you. Lots of hugs going your way.

Liz I am sso sorry it will get so much better I know its hard right now MRSA is airborne theyt est everyone they found it in my husbands nose. Thank God they found it they will probley put u on antibiotics I just said a prayer for u i know God hears my prayers just know you hve people who care about u and although you cant see us we here mighty in number and we will be your strength and get u through you are almost there. Much love

Praying for you. No matter what it looks like now, know that TROUBLE DONT LAST ALWAYS! It will get better, I promise!

I don't know Liz...I'd personally just want the surgery before the tissues get worse...have they talked about that with you? And then will it be a repair done from the outside of the stomach or the inside? Ask about the claw, which is new technology and what I used successfully. It's particularly effective for damaged tissue in late discovery leaks.

Darling I think about you daily. Just reading this brought tears to my eyes both from memory of where I was and where you are now. My heart is with you!

Dawn

I don't know Liz...I'd personally just want the surgery before the tissues get worse...have they talked about that with you? And then will it be a repair done from the outside of the stomach or the inside? Ask about the claw' date=' which is new technology and what I used successfully. It's particularly effective for damaged tissue in late discovery leaks.

Darling I think about you daily. Just reading this brought tears to my eyes both from memory of where I was and where you are now. My heart is with you!

Dawn[/quote']

The only type of repair they'll do is a stint.

Ech...I don't so much like those, but any repair is a repair so it's a movement forward.

I haven't been able to get on because I'm traveling but I'm waiting for the ferry now and (finally) the app is working again. How are you doing Liz? Is the stint in place? Are you still at the hospital????

Ech...I don't so much like those' date=' but any repair is a repair so it's a movement forward.

I haven't been able to get on because I'm traveling but I'm waiting for the ferry now and (finally) the app is working again. How are you doing Liz? Is the stint in place? Are you still at the hospital????[/quote']

My WBC count is normal, no fever, still no BM (since the 28th), drain still in place, TPN strict NPO. My next barium swallow is the 24th. If things look ok I can start on Clear liquids. I've been crying because I'm so thirsty.

I'm on scheduled Zofran, wearing a patch to fight nausea (skope?), and phenergen PRN. Still on the antibiotic to clear up the MRSA in my abdomen.

Doctor talked to the hospital and I got to go to the courtyard yesterday to see my dogs :)

Stint is on the back burner for now.

All I want for Christmas is permission to eat ice chips. Nothing compares to that. I haven't had a drink of Water since November.

Keeping you in my prayers, Liz

Stay strong sweetheart! <3

Hugs