Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Time To Check Out My Hospital's Er!

You sound happy liz :) It brought a smile to my face. I'm glad you were able to enjoy the day and some Soup :) Amazing how bad food tastes good when it's your first (hospital soup = YUCK) lol

Hey, quick update.

My drain was removed earlier and I'm now on lower morphine and taking pain pills. I don't think they're feeding me enough. I get 3 meals, but dinner was at 5, it's 10 now and I feel empty again.

My mom had her duodenal switch this morning, because of the blizzard no family could come see her, I was very upset. I'm in isolation so couldn't see her pre op. I was sobbing. The local florists were cold, the gift shop was closed and I do badly wanted my mom to come to in a room with something that showed her she was thought about. My fiancé drove to Walmart, no flowers or balloons there either. But he bought her a giant stuffed dog that's the size of the one she sleeps with and drove it 45 miles up here, in the snow and ice, just so I could be calm knowing she had something to comfort her. She's right across the hall now. So far, she's good. I can sit in her room as long as I'm gowned in my beautiful yellow paper hazmat gown.

I may be home by the weekend? They haven't even mentioned a date yet. But with the drain gone and TPN stopped, I know it's happening soon.

Are you in isolation because of the suspected mrsa?

You and your mom are in my thoughts. I hope your both together and home soon!

Are you in isolation because of the suspected mrsa?

You and your mom are in my thoughts. I hope your both together and home soon!

Yes I'm in isolation for the MRSA. Not that they do much. Just gown up when they come in and I have to gown up when I take my walks. I can leave my door open. Thanks for the thoughts and prayers everyone :)

I have been quietly following you and am so glad that things (touch wood) seem to finally be looking up for you. Hopefully you will be home with your loved ones for the New Year and be able to start a new complication free journey. I really admire how strong you have been throughout this whole thing and would like to wish you all the best for 2013. XXxxx

I have also been quietly following your story and am glad you're starting to feel better. I couldn't imagine how hard it would be to spend Christmas in the hospital. Thinking of you and hoping your recovery goes quickly from here on out. Thanks for sharing your story!

I have been followingyour story and I am sorry that u have been going thru some horrible stuff. I am glad you are doing better. U are in my thoughts and prayers.

Is this something that happens to just post op sleevers? Or can happen to anyone? What the heck is it?

Liz,

How far out did u discover the leak? I'm so glad u are doing better!

MRSA can happen to anyone and is sadly getting more common in hospital. It spreads like wildfire :( But Liz originally went in for a leak, which was post op of course.

Liz, do you look good in yellow? It makes my red hair and pasty white skin look like a sallow lizard...

Good news that the door is open. That's a sign you're not so scary dangerous now :) A good thing right? I'm glad mom has done ok and Liz that fiancee sounds like a keeper :) Smooches!!!

Liz' date='

How far out did u discover the leak? I'm so glad u are doing better![/quote']

I had my sleeve on the 19th of November. My emergency surgery was the 1st I think. I had a couple of ER visits in between.

MRSA can happen to anyone and is sadly getting more common in hospital. It spreads like wildfire :( But Liz originally went in for a leak' date=' which was post op of course.

Liz, do you look good in yellow? It makes my red hair and pasty white skin look like a sallow lizard...

Good news that the door is open. That's a sign you're not so scary dangerous now :) A good thing right? I'm glad mom has done ok and Liz that fiancee sounds like a keeper :) Smooches!!![/quote']

Thanks darlin'! He is an absolute keeper :) in this yellow gown I look like a skittle. How sore were your drain sites after the drains were removed? I woke up in super bad internal pain. They picked a bad day to slow my pain meds lol

Thanks darlin'! He is an absolute keeper :) in this yellow gown I look like a skittle. How sore were your drain sites after the drains were removed? I woke up in super bad internal pain. They picked a bad day to slow my pain meds lol

You mean the lung tube drain? I hate to say it but mine still hurts on occasion. They had to spread my ribs a bit and that hits right where my underwire does :(. But I had to wear padded bandages over that site for a few weeks. I also had to remove the wire in a bra so I could wear it.

Skittle :). My gowns hand pink flowers. I looked like grandmas comforter :P.

Any word on going home?

You mean the lung tube drain? I hate to say it but mine still hurts on occasion. They had to spread my ribs a bit and that hits right where my underwire does :(. But I had to wear padded bandages over that site for a few weeks. I also had to remove the wire in a bra so I could wear it.

Skittle :). My gowns hand pink flowers. I looked like grandmas comforter :P.

Any word on going home?

Yup. I'm home right now :) and furious because my fiancé left my house a mess. lol

LOL Liz I went to our alaska house last week after several months absence. The dust had dust on it! There were no dust bunnies, they were dust camels...and they roamed the sides of the rooms in herds!

It's still home though :) Which is a great place to be isn't it?

You did keep the yellow suit right? :P