Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Lost Without A Cause And My Candle Is Nearing Its End

What a day everyone. My original post noted that my last appt of the 3 month process was on 11/21 and that was the day they were to submit. Wellll here we are a week later and im more pissed than anything.

First, my surgeons office, which happens to be the medical college here in richmond, has the slowest most unprofessional admin i have ever seen. Wait.... not just the admin, most of the non doctoral staff. When I call and ask abouy certain aspects of the submission/approval process, "i dont know" is not acceptable to me. Perhaps " i dont know but i will find ouy and follow up with you?" Ding ding ding! Thats works and shows that you are proactive.

I digress.

Needless to say, my paperwork has NOT been submitted due to "missing" information.. Did anyone call me? Nope. Email me? Nope. SMOKE SIGNAL?! NOPE!!!! Geeeze..

I also now have to have a gall bladder ultrasound which is why i called and emailed her initially. The one she sent me in the mail, no good. The US office wont acxept ot because dumb dumb forgot to have the doctor sign it.. soooo after I left 2 messages via her office, a vm and an email, there was still no return of communication. I had to call her supervisor to get a call back!!!!

She called back 5 minutes after that.

Apparantly, from what she tells me, she sent the order o er to the US office and they scheduled me. Do you think they bothered to call me and tell me when it was, given that its next tuesday at 8 am so i have to take of work........ not a snowballs chance in h*#l..hmm.

So after that was resolved we get on the topic of why my info was noy submitted.

Besides the fact the there was missing info, she tells me that its highly unlikely that i will get an approval because i only did 3 months.. people, she didnt read the cpb. She has an old copy! She says she doesnt have access to the one we, patients, view. I chimed in and told her " well apparantly google does!" Google it, dang. She is just sooo adamant that will be a denial per the information.. I faxed her the info and we shall see. Im thinking the same way now. I actually cried myself to sleep last night. I researched non surgical opportunities, medifast.. is all i saw... it took me a while to get to this decision and i feel as though its slipping away before i get it. Me not being able to become pregnant, lose weight, control my moods over the years is punishment for something ive done either in this life or in a past one. Anything that i put my mind to seems to fail and the ones i dont put effort to, come to me without a fuss. All i can do is cry and pray and sit in my closet alone because i dont know what to do from here.... i am tired of hearing its ok, cuz its not right now. Im realistic.. i rather it be as is vs sugar coated to get me by for a couple hours.....again. what a day....

Sorry you've had a such a rough go if it. It sounds like you should find a different Dr. All the procedures you've done should be "transferable" . Do some research on the surgeon and his office; make sure it's an office of excellence....they are the best for a reason. Good luck, and don't give up!

I'm so sorry you are going through this. I can tell by the tone of your post that you really are frustrated and don't want to hear "there, there, it gets better". So, I won't say that.

Instead I'll tell you why the stuff you don't put effort into comes easier than the stuff you try hard at...EVERYTHING worth having takes effort. You are persistent enough to even deal with this office and even before that, to make up your mind to even have surgery. Now realize, this process (while frustrating right now) will be so short in the grand scheme of things.

Once you are post-op you will realize that the 3 months of pure frustration you went through, will yield you a lifetime of benefits in the way of health, energy, and success if you stick to the plan. See this as your WLS test and your continued diligence post-op as your lifetime reward.

Sending good thoughts and energy to continue this fight...hopefully you won't have to but if you do, know that you aren't the first or last person to experience inept people and poor customer service. Also, remember this...the pen is mightier than the sword. Send the Dr and your insurance a letter...I have a feeling the ball will really get rolling if you do that.

Quickly go to the doctor to check your blood preasure I am sure it is through the roof right now. Have them log it so it will show a comorbity