Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Attention February 2013 Sleeve Buddies!

Hello all February sleevers' date='

Feel so bad that I cheated on pre-op and now I am paying for it. Been doing two shakes and one sense-able mean a day and I had a brownie. My stomach yelled at me! I digress. Back to my regularly scheduled program. 7 days and a late wake up till surgery....so nervous.[/quote']

I understand being nervous I am too, hope I am making the right decision. Where are you from? I am from Overland Park, KS

It's totally normal to be anxious says the one whose knees are trembling. Im not afraid of the actual procedure, I just don't like needles (IV), anxious about paying all this money even with insurance and lastly how i will physically feel after surgery and how i will feel about not being able to do comfort foods. There I said it! lmao

My nerves have been hitting me more today too. Not sure why. I'm excited about this new journey but always freak out with surgery :( I just keep trying to focus on the good and just getting past the surgery and waking up!! Lol Getting sleeved 2-25-13 :)

I understand being nervous I am too, hope I am making the right decision. Where are you from? I am from Overland Park, KS

I'm from Wichita :) Welcome!

anyone post op been foaming? I swear I'm spitting all the time because I simply can't keep swallowing the foamy spit. I assume this is normal. If and when does it go away?

anyone post op been foaming? I swear I'm spitting all the time because I simply can't keep swallowing the foamy spit. I assume this is normal. If and when does it go away?

Wow juny are u the girl I spoke to that had the hernia repaired when they did your sleeve?

hi Guys, I had my surgery 2/7 and came home yesterday. I didn't exactly bounce back from surgery nicely, but as everyone says, it seems to get better each day. I gained about 8 lbs of Fluid in the hospital. I think some of the swelling is going down, because I am getting liquids down pretty well. The area to the right of my navel is swollen/numb and the only pain I really have left is on the right side of my abdomen. I have been coughing up some mucus, and I'm thinking it's related to my chronic sinus issues (hopefully). Has this happened to anyone else?

Tummy is rumbling like crazy, and it feels like it's all pressured up in there. I've found that a heating pad has helped me get some of the gas out. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can have a good BM soon. Either way, I am feeling very blessed!

I'm lucky to have a sleeve buddy who I met on here who is the same BMI, age, surgeon, and surgery date. She was right across the hall in the hospital, too!

hi Guys' date=' I had my surgery 2/7 and came home yesterday. I didn't exactly bounce back from surgery nicely, but as everyone says, it seems to get better each day. I gained about 8 lbs of Fluid in the hospital. I think some of the swelling is going down, because I am getting liquids down pretty well. The area to the right of my navel is swollen/numb and the only pain I really have left is on the right side of my abdomen. I have been coughing up some mucus, and I'm thinking it's related to my chronic sinus issues (hopefully). Has this happened to anyone else?

Tummy is rumbling like crazy, and it feels like it's all pressured up in there. I've found that a heating pad has helped me get some of the gas out. Hopefully tomorrow will be better and I can have a good BM soon. Either way, I am feeling very blessed!

I'm lucky to have a sleeve buddy who I met on here who is the same BMI, age, surgeon, and surgery date. She was right across the hall in the hospital, too![/quote']

Glad your doing good.. I'm being sleeved the 26th and it helps to know what to expect.. So thanks for sharing

hi Guys, I had my surgery 2/7 and came home yesterday. I didn't exactly bounce back from surgery nicely, but as everyone says, it seems to get better each day. I gained about 8 lbs of Fluid in the hospital. I think some of the swelling is going down, because I am getting liquids down pretty well. The area to the right of my navel is swollen/numb and the only pain I really have left is on the right side of my abdomen. I have been coughing up some mucus, and I'm thinking it's related to my chronic sinus issues (hopefully). Has this happened to anyone else?

I'm lucky to have a sleeve buddy who I met on here who is the same BMI, age, surgeon, and surgery date. She was right across the hall in the hospital, too!

Hi, Itstheamaria. I hope that each day you continue to feel better. I found the second day to be the worst, and each day I've felt better and better. I wanted to comment on your statements about the coughing and mucus. Did they not have you use the incentive spirometer while you were in the hospital? It's a thing with a short hose and mouthpiece attached and you inhale through it. It makes you cough and helps your lungs get back to normal after surgery. That mucus and fluid you're coughing up is a normal result of surgery, however, it's important to get it expelled because you can get pneumonia, and that can be dangerous post-op. I was instructed to use that and to continue coughing and drawing that stuff out. It hurts, and it feels like you're going to bust your gut open, but they assured me I would not. This is not my personal advice, but medical information gathered from so much reading. Make sure you continue to cough, and deep breathe as much as possible. We tend to shallow breathe post-op because of pain, but you need to be breathing deeply even if it makes you cough. I used the spirometer every hour, and definitely hacked up my fair share of gunk. It's mostly gone, though I find myself still coughing just once in a while.

8 days and counting before the big day! I noticed that alot of you all are preop before surgery. My doctor didn't put me on any restrictions before surgery. So I am hoping everything turns out okay for me! Has anyone else doctor did the same as mine?

My doctor didnt give me any diet to follow but he did say to try and lose weight

Hi' date=' Itstheamaria. I hope that each day you continue to feel better. I found the second day to be the worst, and each day I've felt better and better. I wanted to comment on your statements about the coughing and mucus. Did they not have you use the incentive spirometer while you were in the hospital? It's a thing with a short hose and mouthpiece attached and you inhale through it. It makes you cough and helps your lungs get back to normal after surgery. That mucus and Fluid you're coughing up is a normal result of surgery, however, it's important to get it expelled because you can get pneumonia, and that can be dangerous post-op. I was instructed to use that and to continue coughing and drawing that stuff out. It hurts, and it feels like you're going to bust your gut open, but they assured me I would not. This is not my personal advice, but medical information gathered from so much reading. Make sure you continue to cough, and deep breathe as much as possible. We tend to shallow breathe post-op because of pain, but you need to be breathing deeply even if it makes you cough. I used the spirometer every hour, and definitely hacked up my fair share of gunk. It's mostly gone, though I find myself still coughing just once in a while.[/quote']

Thanks! Yes, I have used it religiously. I figured it was better to have it come up than stay in there. I wasn't sure if it was normal, so I had planned to call the doc tomorrow. Makes sense though, so maybe I will just confirm at my 1 week follow up.

Wow juny are u the girl I spoke to that had the hernia repaired when they did your sleeve?

I believe you might have been :). They did a hernia repair on me yes. It's what sent my throat, from opening to stomach, into horrendous spasms. I'm doing lightyears better than I was. Oddly, when I go from a sitting/reclining position to a standing position I start getting the spasms again but they're NOTHING like what they were. Makes waking up a b*tch though....

Hello all February sleevers' date='

Feel so bad that I cheated on pre-op and now I am paying for it. Been doing two shakes and one sense-able mean a day and I had a brownie. My stomach yelled at me! I digress. Back to my regularly scheduled program. 7 days and a late wake up till surgery....so nervous.[/quote']

I cheated loads on Pre op I know people say don't but I still made sure I lost weight. The main thing I figured out was different doctors different opinions one thing they all agree on is to fast liquids 24 hours prior to surgery to allow the stomach to to be empty in time. Dieting also helps reduce your liver size. I figured out on my own that all these experts can't be wrong and quickly realised some are more careful than other

Obviously a longer Pre op diet is also to get us all use to the idea of eating differently too and get our body use to this. I was already use to lighterlife diets before so I knew I could do it with some cheats like the 2 shakes and a healthy meal I still lost plenty before surgery and I also did not go crazy.

You will be ok. You will feel bloated and uncomfortable after surgery but once you realise how quickly full you are going to be believe me these liquid diets become so easy.

Good luck from the UK

I cheated loads on Pre op I know people say don't but I still made sure I lost weight. The main thing I figured out was different doctors different opinions one thing they all agree on is to fast liquids 24 hours prior to surgery to allow the stomach to to be empty in time. Dieting also helps reduce your liver size. I figured out on my own that all these experts can't be wrong and quickly realised some are more careful than other

Obviously a longer Pre op diet is also to get us all use to the idea of eating differently too and get our body use to this. I was already use to lighterlife diets before so I knew I could do it with some cheats like the 2 shakes and a healthy meal I still lost plenty before surgery and I also did not go crazy.

You will be ok. You will feel bloated and uncomfortable after surgery but once you realise how quickly full you are going to be believe me these liquid diets become so easy.

Good luck from the UK

I made the mistake of eating a pickle and a cracker yhe night before. Yes my doctor saw it and yes i paid for it dearly. The moment i became conscious from surgery i started throwing up. Dr said it was the food residue that was left....... stupid me. I stayed faithful up until the night before..

Yes, I was sleeved Feb, 8 2013 and I do a lot of spitting!!!