Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I was sleeved on 11/12. 2 weeks ago today. I've only lost 8 lbs. Is this normal? I was hoping/expecting to see a little more progress by now. I lost those lbs the first few days. None since. I'm getting discouraged. :-(

Hi,

My weight loss was a little slow as well.

I am out of surgery one month this past 11/25. I lost 24 lbs. Not bad and i am not complaining but I learned if you do not exercise, it does not come off as easily.

It will though so don't get yourself down. I did stall midway for like 8 days after only 12 lbs lost. It happens but does not last.

Deidre

How much weight do you have to loose? What's your starting BMI? If you average the weight lost it's 4lbs a week. Some weeks I have lost 5-6 pounds some weeks 3lbs, some weeks none. It's like my body lets go and then hangs on. I can understand your frustration as we read about a lot of huge initial loses on here but everyone is different. It will come. Focus on healing your tummy, getting the protien and liquids in for your stage, that will set you up for sure and positive changes on the scale in the very near future! Good luck!

HW. 290

SW 252

CW 244

GW. 140

I lost the 38 lbs from 7/23 - 11/12. Doing a modified Medifast. I will keep on keeping on. I'm trying to be patient. Maybe I'll step up the exercise. I've been taking it easy since surgery. Still kinda sore.

I gained 8 pounds in Fluid after my surgery lost that and now one week post op ive only lost 5...was wanting big ole numbers as well but in reality a body can only burn up so much fat....we dont want to lose muscle:) Just dont get too discouraged and be sure to go to a local support group if you have one. Everything will pick up:)

I only lost 8. Lbs my 2 wks too i wasnt exercising though i was getting over a cold. Im starting my walking(trying for 2 miles today) this wk. My 2wk check up was last tues.

I was sleeved on 11/12. 2 weeks ago today. I've only lost 8 lbs. Is this normal? I was hoping/expecting to see a little more progress by now. I lost those lbs the first few days. None since. I'm getting discouraged. :-(

I need advice I 6 days post op and had a check up today. Dr seemed really pleased especially because it was one of his hardest surgeries due to all of my scar tissue that was all entrenched in my lapband and everywhere else. I stayed in hospital 3 days but since I got home I've been freezing blue lips all of a sudden and I feel so weak! Tomorrow I must go back to work. I work at a high school and I'm fearful that I won't do well because of the weakness I'm feeling. I just took a walk and I'm taking my Vitamins what else can I do? I lost 11 lbs too

Hockeymom- be careful because medifast products can load up on the carbs. Many of us post-sleevers (not all!!) are finding out that when we eat over 30 or so grams of carbs we don't lose weight.

Also, not eating enough can cause your body to hold on to the fat, so eating is a good thing as long as you are eating the right things, like Protein.

I need advice I 6 days post op and had a check up today. Dr seemed really pleased especially because it was one of his hardest surgeries due to all of my scar tissue that was all entrenched in my lapband and everywhere else. I stayed in hospital 3 days but since I got home I've been freezing blue lips all of a sudden and I feel so weak! Tomorrow I must go back to work. I work at a high school and I'm fearful that I won't do well because of the weakness I'm feeling. I just took a walk and I'm taking my Vitamins what else can I do? I lost 11 lbs too

Do you have a fever? Any pain on the left side? Getting weak after surgery isn't uncommon as you are in a very low cal diet, but it's also a possible sign of complications. I believe you've been eating some higher texture foods if I remember right...which your doc may be on board with, but many are not because they can stress a new suture line, leaving you open to worries about leaks.

If you are having severe weakness you should get back to your doc or an er right away. Especially if you have other concerns, like issues with circulation (those freezing lips). Better safe than sorry. And if you are that weak and nothing is actually physically wrong...you should consider taking a few more days off. Yes I know that's hard, but if you don't your body won't recover and you'll end up taking more time off later as you fall apart! This was a major surgery and your body needs time to heal :)

Hey Hockeymom, Congratulations on your 46 pound loss from highest to current weight! Walking is a really good start to exercise. Careful not to do too much two weeks out from surgery you are still very early in your healing and don't want to be lifting much or doing any ab work just yet. You will be surprized just how helpful the walking part is at first in increasing circulation and getting the weight loss ball rolling. I still had a pretty swollen abdomen at two weeks out but at the 4 week mark my clothing really started to feel different as the weight and my belly went down. I am sure things will start to gain momentum for you!

Do you have a fever? Any pain on the left side? Getting weak after surgery isn't uncommon as you are in a very low cal diet' date=' but it's also a possible sign of complications. I believe you've been eating some higher texture foods if I remember right...which your doc may be on board with, but many are not because they can stress a new suture line, leaving you open to worries about leaks.

If you are having severe weakness you should get back to your doc or an er right away. Especially if you have other concerns, like issues with circulation (those freezing lips). Better safe than sorry. And if you are that weak and nothing is actually physically wrong...you should consider taking a few more days off. Yes I know that's hard, but if you don't your body won't recover and you'll end up taking more time off later as you fall apart! This was a major surgery and your body needs time to heal :)[/quote']

No I was told to eat mushy foods now but all I've done is some pumpkin mashed potatoes puréed turkey. At my check up my lips weren't blue but now they are like I took a piece of blue chalk and put on my lipstick. I had a fever twice last week but that's gone. It's 322 right now and I've gotten down about half my Protein and half my fluids. I don't feel sick just a bit weak and those blue lips. If I have them tomorrow I can only imagine what work will think! I went on two walks and vacuumed the dog hair in bedroom. So I still need more walks. Bottom line is the blue lips please go away. I heard it could be my oxygen level so I'm breathing into that plastic machine they give you in hospital. What to do what to do?

My advice is to concentrate on healing during the first few weeks. I think many people stall within the first few weeks, because our bodies are adjusting. I also stalled for a bit and then it picked up again. Remember, to try to make good food choices (protiens first); and try to get a little exersize in. It is start coming off again!

No I was told to eat mushy foods now but all I've done is some pumpkin mashed potatoes puréed turkey. At my check up my lips weren't blue but now they are like I took a piece of blue chalk and put on my lipstick. I had a fever twice last week but that's gone. It's 322 right now and I've gotten down about half my Protein and half my fluids. I don't feel sick just a bit weak and those blue lips. If I have them tomorrow I can only imagine what work will think! I went on two walks and vacuumed the dog hair in bedroom. So I still need more walks. Bottom line is the blue lips please go away. I heard it could be my oxygen level so I'm breathing into that plastic machine they give you in hospital. What to do what to do?

Call your surgeon. Anything to do with circulation can be dangerous and blue extremities is a symptom of a circulation issue. If your oxygen is that low you should also be extremely concerned. A fever coming and going is also not a good thing. You really need to see this as more serious than kids seeing blue lips. Fever after surgery is indication of an infection...it does not need to stay to be important (mine came and went for the first couple of weeks). If your surgeon isn't answering go to a quick care or an er.

PS...vacuuming is not something you should be doing this early out. The vacuum is too heavy and it requires abdomen twisting movement.

Call your surgeon. Anything to do with circulation can be dangerous and blue extremities is a symptom of a circulation issue. If your oxygen is that low you should also be extremely concerned. A fever coming and going is also not a good thing. You really need to see this as more serious than kids seeing blue lips. Fever after surgery is indication of an infection...it does not need to stay to be important (mine came and went for the first couple of weeks). If your surgeon isn't answering go to a quick care or an er.

PS...vacuuming is not something you should be doing this early out. The vacuum is too heavy and it requires abdomen twisting movement.

I saw my surgeon first thing this morning he said I was doing really great and also told me I should start on Soups with chunks in its when I got home is when I all of a sudden have the blue lips I don't feel bad I feel fine I'm not out of air and i breathe well I check my blood pressure my fevers were last week not today not recent like last day or two I only vacuumed the one bedroom very carefully very slowly just to get the hair out of the house and I thought it would be just as easy as going for a walk actually was easier than I thought but your right I should of thought harder about that. I guess waking up and finding out that my doctor wants me to lose 80 pounds in six months kind of made me feel like I needed to put a rush on this. Plus I'm so worried about getting around school tomorrow because I cannot have a day off. It is a new job and I'm only been there two months so I have no time off and I don't want to look too bad because this was cosmetic. Bad planning on my part I appreciate all of your device I hope you'll continue give me more you're pretty intelligent I'm impressed thank you my lips right now are just ashy looking hopefully the blueness is going to go away soon