Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Why Lie?!?!

I lost over a hundred pounds in five months without wls - crash dieting and lots of exercise. You can't assume she has had surgery. I think some of the comments here are really mean and horrible.

Maybe she has cancer and doesn't want to share it - who knows? Not any of use' date=' certainly.[/quote']

That's true or she could have had AIDS for that matter, but she told me she lost all that weight doing Water aerobics.

When we were talking, the emotional state I was in was not very good. I had just gained my weight back from another failed diet and I was tired of all this misleading advertisements about losing weight. So when she said ( now we were having a conversation) that she lost her weight that way, I was upset because she could have chosen not to answer, tell me it was none of my concern, but she chose to feed me bullshit. So that was what I was ranting about. She's not a stranger and neither was I to her.

On another note, I know water aerobics are really good, and plan on incorporating that into my exercise.

You know, ppl have been asking me how I have lost so much weight. I first tell them that I eat less and move more. Then I tell them of the VSG. I make sure they understand its not a band or bypass. Most ppl dont know what a sleeve is so I explain it as a partial gastrectomy blah blah blah. I say that is a procedure to help me with Portion Control and that I stilll have to do the work......its only a tool and I still have to watch what I eat and exercise and its not a free ride. I am not embarresed that I needed help, I mean really in THEORY what is the difference between a WLS and hiring a personal trainer? They are tools......I would rather say I had help with the WLS then do nothing and EXPLODE from being such a fat ass not doing nothing...

Just Saying.....................if ppl want to judge me for taking a stand and doing something for myself then they can just suck it....LOL!

Well one thing is for sure, everyone thinks their way of thinking is right.

In my experience, if one person knows, more are going to, lol! I have had to deal with the word getting out, and it is a tangled web. I just don't want to be the topic of conversation, but it seems no matter which way you go, you will be (or at least me, with the people I know ;) )

I didn't think it through much before the surgery, or I might have told no one. Since you can't unring the bell, guess I'll just go with it. *sigh*

Aye and then sex comes up on some threads for example ppl would consider this very private but yet surgery is.. not judging just taking notes ..

I can't believe that either. Especially the sexual innuendos that some MARRIED people make and even those who claim to be in a relationship! My bf would not be happy if I was doing that and I wouldn't be happy if he was.

Guess their lives aren't as exciting as getting their freaky talking online is.

First and foremost, congrats to you. I have a few friends that are NPs and it is a very rewarding career! Especially since it seems that you enjoy psychology, becoming a psychiatric NP should be rewarding and interesting as well.

When I stated that your id was in control, I was referring to one of Freud's psychoanalytic theories of personality, the founder of psychology.

I have never met an RN, even one with a specialty in a particular field, make the claims as you have in regards to being able to diagnosis mental illnesses or disorders. That's is why I mentioned your credentials, as those are things that are left to psychologist and psychiatrist.

Again, best of look with your education because you will have tedious, yet wonderful years ahead of you.

Oh, I was reading that not as the id, but as ID like identification. I'll let that slide as that is underhanded and sort of antiquated. No one uses that term like that anymore.

I don't make claims to DX anyone, I think we got our wires crossed, because what I was trying to say is that was ridiculous (referring to the woman calling people delusional) What I was saying is that when I am finished with grad school I will be able too, there are no limitations on NPs in the mental health field so its not really accurate to say that it's left to psychologists and psychiatrists.

In my experience' date=' if one person knows, more are going to, lol! I have had to deal with the word getting out, and it is a tangled web. I just don't want to be the topic of conversation, but it seems no matter which way you go, you will be (or at least me, with the people I know ;) )

I didn't think it through much before the surgery, or I might have told no one. Since you can't unring the bell, guess I'll just go with it. *sigh*[/quote']

That is so true lol

What can ya do :P

Well one thing is for sure, everyone thinks their way of thinking is right.

Yeah. I think after 10 pages it can be summarised as-

1. People have some valid reasons to not tell who they don't want to tell.

2. People have some valid reasons to tell everyone.

3. People really have difficulty with people not agreeing with their opinion.

I think it's item 3. that has really driven this topic.

Yeah. I think after 10 pages it can be summarised as-

1. People have some valid reasons to not tell who they don't want to tell.

2. People have some valid reasons to tell everyone.

3. People really have difficulty with people not agreeing with their opinion.

I think it's item 3. that has really driven this topic.

Amen!

Well' date=' my boss confirmed it to everyone after the jig was up :) It's a cruel world, some people will speculate.[/quote']

Sorry, I was referring to the original lady, not your boss.

I can't believe that either. Especially the sexual innuendos that some MARRIED people make and even those who claim to be in a relationship! My bf would not be happy if I was doing that and I wouldn't be happy if he was.

Guess their lives aren't as exciting as getting their freaky talking online is.

Difference being that everyone has sex, not every one gets so fat they need to cut out the large majority of their stomach.

Oh' date=' I was reading that not as the id, but as ID like identification. I'll let that slide as that is underhanded and sort of antiquated. No one uses that term like that anymore.

I don't make claims to DX anyone, I think we got our wires crossed, because what I was trying to say is that was ridiculous (referring to the woman calling people delusional) What I was saying is that when I am finished with grad school I will be able too, there are no limitations on NPs in the mental health field so its not really accurate to say that it's left to psychologists and psychiatrists.[/quote']

I am sorry I would disagree with you with your comment about how, " No one uses that term like that anymore." In fact I am sure anyone who is or had studied psychology would disagree with you.

From your postings I made the terrible mistake of assuming that you had been a student of Freud's personality theory and was making a joke to make light of the conversation when I said your "id was running rampant"... because i know mine likes to be dominant ever so often. Meant to be funny, but you didn't understand.

I do love a good debate, but to be dismissive of something and someone that started my field, shows me that I would only be going back and forth with a brick wall... Someone who pretends to be knowledgeable of the subject matter, but is truly ignorant about it.

So I bid you a good night and the best of luck with your future endeavors. Oh, if that's what your you are wanting to do, you could check out some Psych NP programs.

Hmm.. A "Christain", huh? Bwahahaha....

Hmm.. A "Christain"' date=' huh? Bwahahaha....[/quote']

Oh he we go w that you should leave that alone ..for real ijs

Oh he we go w that you should leave that alone ..for real ijs

I mean oh you should leave that on the whole Christian thing I'm ijs