Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

One Before Preop Diet And Eating Like A Pregnant Lady

So it's officially one week until I start my pre op

Diet and I have been eating like crap! Even though I am obviously over weight I don't normally eat drive through food or sugar in large amounts like I have been for the past week. I guess I just needed to vent or hope that someone could relate.

I am really just feeling so impatient that I h e to wait three more weeks until surgery! I have never been good at waiting for what I want. I guess it's good that I can identify what I'm feeling.

I think its the whole "omg i cant ever eat these things again" panic. Like its your last meal. Im sort of doung that now. "trying to get it all in" type of attitude. I am pre op, January date. Christmas is my "last meal" lol. Dont worry! You are normal.

I start my pre-op diet tomorrow and I can hardly move I am so stuffed. We had a pre Thanksgiving meal tonight and overall my eating has been terrible these last few weeks. I think for me, anticipation of the surgery and ,"THE DEADLINE" has contributed to this feeling that I am eating my very last meal. It's terrible, I feel horrible. It will take a few days for my stomach to shrink. Other things have contributed to my eating frenzy as well. I am sure I will suffer because of it the next couple of days. I sincerely hope that you don't have to do this. I can totally relate and wish you the very best.

I have not been over eating, i just eat what i want half the time and watch the other half. I have not gained a pound doing this so i dont worry about it. When i watch myself 100% of the time i feel deprived. I am actually eating less these days days trying to trick my mind before the big day. Dont beat yourself up over this. As someone who lived on diets since 8 years old, im glad to be enjoying myself just for a few weeks. You will be fine!!

You guys should be careful because your livers will be enlarged which could complicate things. I wouldn't use stress as an excuse to eat bad because it may set you up for failure down the road.

I just finished my six month supervised diet and lost 13 pounds. I now wait until I get approved (hopefully) then one month of a 800 calorie preop diet. I am feeling kind of the same way. Once the preop starts it will never be the same and I am ready for it but I have to admit I am looking forward to relaxing a little bit and enjoying the holidays. But I know I have to watch it because it will be easy to go way overboard.

I think my liver will be o.k because I am going on liquids for 10 days starting tomorrow.

So it's officially one week until I start my pre op

Diet and I have been eating like crap! Even though I am obviously over weight I don't normally eat drive through food or sugar in large amounts like I have been for the past week. I guess I just needed to vent or hope that someone could relate.

I am really just feeling so impatient that I h e to wait three more weeks until surgery! I have never been good at waiting for what I want. I guess it's good that I can identify what I'm feeling.

enjoy now, i only had to do a 3 day pre op and i went through it fine. i think 3 weeks is a long time to be on pre op and then the weeks after, so i would not worry to much about pigging out this week.

I did the same thing before I had to start my diet. I knew that there were things I wouldn't be able to eat for a long, long time and I wanted to get all of my panicked feelings of deprivation out of the way so every day I'd pick a different food that I wouldn't be having after surgery. My favorite was sushi day >:)

I did the same thing. And you know... if I had to do it again...I'd do the same thing. I ate until I was so bloated and disgusted with myself, that the 2 weeks of liquids and start of a life change was very very welcomed.

I tried not to over eat too much, but I definitely had a list of places/things I wanted to eat "one more time". I ended up starting my pre-op a day early because I was worried if I spent the last day KNOWING it was the last day, I'd regret the amount of food/junk I'd eat. I haven't really regretted it. Well, once I threw away that package of M&Ms that was sitting in my purse that I was going to eat before I started the pre-op diet. (Who am I kidding? I didn't throw them away, I force fed them to my mother so they didn't go to waste) :)

Thank you everyone for your imput, it's nice to know that I am not alone. Today I started my liquid diet gladly, and feel really excited and resolved with my decision. I will not regret not being able to eat like that again. But it was sorta freeing while it lasted.

Oh I feel so at home! I do feel kind of yucky and I will be happy to start the liquid diet on Monday. I'm also tryin to use this time to remember what "before" feels like. I don't want to be here again. So thankful for my sleeve and all of you! Have a great day tomorrow !

I am doing the same thing glad I'm not the only one. My pre op diet starts thursday

Omg I totally feel you! I'm in tears thinking how horrible I've been all week, terrified to see what my scale tells me tomorrow. I don't go in for pre-op till dec 3 an surgery the 10th. I've gained 30lbs since April. Last 5/10 this last month. I'm trying to get things back under control. Nothing fits, I'm so depressed, don't wanna be in holiday pictures ect. Gonna try going on protien only drinks with maybe veggie Snacks or something very low cal so I can chew. I'm praying to lose a few before my pre-op appointment and a few more the week before surgery. I keep having panic attacks that the 10th will come and 1 of 2 things will happen. Ill die and miss out on my child's life because I had another surgery or 2 it'll go smooth and I won't lose anything. I know it's just me getting scared that its coming up so fast but I hear ya. You're not the only one