Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

What If I Fail?

Can't say much yet, but I want to get this up now.

I can't get surgery until feb or march, but I'm doing weight watchers until the. Or that's the plan anyway. I'm not doing any set workout right now, just trying to get a little more active.

I'm typing from my phone and couldn't see what I was typing.

Cont.....

Tonight I totally went of the plan. I had seconds o dinner and about maybe 12 assorted mini candybars. I feel a little defeated. Hopefully I'll just jump back on plan tomorrow but its got me thinking.

What if I fail the sleeve? How humiliating that would be? I mean, I'm sure it's easier with a smaller stomach, to lose an to get back on track more quickly, but what if I am the one that fails?

Sigh

I feel your pain....................

I don't want to fail either.

I won't be sleeved until Jan or Feb!!

-Kim

ah, the elephant in the room. Some people do regain all the weight. Some people regain some of the weight. Some people never get to their original goal weight. But, WLS surgery is the most successful option for keeping the weight off. And even if you only lose some or you only gain some, you are still better off than staying at your current weight.

If you want to succeed, adopting the most successful habits will help you:

1. Track what you eat. This is the number one habit of people who successfully keep weight off. Write it before you bite it.

2. Eat solid Protein first. It will limit how much other stuff you can fit in.

3. Exercise. This is the number two habit of people who keep the weight off. You have to find something you like to do, or you won't do it. I walk in the mornings, four days per week, for about and hour and half each time.

5. Don't keep the stuff in the house if possible. Give the rest of the candy bars to someone else. If hubby has to have candy, have a drawer for him and put it in there.

6. Get something you like that you can have instead of the junk. I've been drinking the sugar-free apple cider mix. It's 15 calories per cup and tastes like fall.

It's what you do most days, not what you do on a single day that will make the difference.

Best wishes on your journey,

Lynda

I thought the same thing..."What if it doesn't work for me". I don't think that is possible. Once you are sleeved, its is impossible to not lose weight for the first 12-18 month (Honey Moon effect) because you can only take in 500 calories the first 3 months, 800 calories 3-6 months, and 1200 calories 6+ months. When you are sleeved, you will only be able to take in 1/4 of a cup of food per meal then about 1 cup at 12 months. The period from month 0 to 12 is to help you changes to a healthy life style by relearning how to eat, what to eat, when to eat, and give you time to incorporate exercise.

You won't fail, I promise. Everybody feels the same way.

Im pretty much eating anything I want, drinking what I want and not exercising and have lost 106 lbs

since May. You can do this. The thing is when you can have it, you can't have much of it because your stomach is so tiny. I drink diet colas and had club soda this week when I had the stomach bug. I know I need to exercise so I can tone but by the time I get home from my 8-5 job, clean house, cook supper, wash clothes and kiss the grandbaby, I'm worn out. I think I get my exercise just from my regular routine. Weekends I never stop. I am ALWAYS doing something.

You'll be fine.

Thank you, everyone. 95% of the time I'm super cnfident that this is the right choice. I've always said "if I could get weightloss surgery, I would." And I just found out this year about mx and the fact that maybe I can actually afford it!!

I'm SO ready!!! I really don't think I'll fail. I'm actually really good at eating healthyish and losing. It's just that darned willpower and hunger. Oh the hunger. And the big'ole stomach! Stupid thing never did me any favors. This is the answer to my prayers!!!

Thx for the encouragement!

I just love this quote I found on a website: "Weight Loss Surgery is not a DO-OVER (repeat same mistakes = get a similar outcome.) Weight Loss Surgery is a DO-BETTER (make lifestyle changes you can continue forever.)"

Here is the website: http://theworldaccordingtoeggface.blogspot.com (She has some great recipes).

My surgery will probably be in February 2013.

I felt that way too. For myself I found out the following:

1. Don't concentrate on how much you have left, look at how much you lost!

2. Don't keep junk in the house

3. Don't listen to others (I get everything from ew fat @$$ to 'how much more weight do you plan on losing??!') listen to your body, not the number on the scale or your tag

4. Do listen to your NUT. He/she is there for a reason!

5. Do listen to your body. I can't tell you how much I said mmmmmm yummy just one more bite... And it physically hurt after

6. If you crave something, do NOT deny yourself of it when you are eating normal foods again. I'm not a huge sweets person, but if I want that chocolate dipped strawberry, daggit I'm going to eat it!! Otherwise, I'll eat just about everything else because I can't satisfy that craving! I have my off days (truth: Saturday I had half a blt, half a beef Jerky stick, a 20 oz bottle of soda and a 12 oz bottle of Smirnoff.. Nothing else) but you learn from them and make them few and far between! (I felt physically drained and blah the next day. Today I ate great and felt happy and energized!)

I guess one good thing from having complications, I don't take anything for granted anymore and vow neverrrrrrrrrr to gain the weight back, not worth going through again or for nothing!

I thought the same thing..."What if it doesn't work for me". I don't think that is possible. Once you are sleeved' date=' its is impossible to not lose weight for the first 12-18 month (Honey Moon effect) because you can only take in 500 calories the first 3 months, 800 calories 3-6 months, and 1200 calories 6+ months. When you are sleeved, you will only be able to take in 1/4 of a cup of food per meal then about 1 cup at 12 months. The period from month 0 to 12 is to help you changes to a healthy life style by relearning how to eat, what to eat, when to eat, and give you time to incorporate exercise.[/quote']

Is that supposed to be the average? Cause at three weeks out, I was easily eating 700-800 calories.. :(

im so glad i found this post. i am having one of those days where i feel like im not sleeved and i wont reach goal. why do i feel like this. i eat way less than before sleeved but i just feel like my body isnt doing anything today. can i hear from some far out sleevers how did you get through this? grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

I was sleeved on October 15th. And I remember the self-doubt. I still have it with some bad days, but there are so many tools and people there to help you & they won't let you fail. If you stick to the program most days and you ask for help when you ned it, then you can't fail.

For me, the best part is that my cravings for sweets are gone. Today at the store, I walked right past the donut case and didn't even think about them. I could care less. I never could have done that before the sleeve because I swear every donut, cookie & chocolate bar knew my name. No way could I resist them 100%. Forgive yourself for those mini candy bars (at least they weren't full size) and tomorrow is another day. Believe in yourself. You CAN do this.

And in the end, when you have had the surgery, you will experience days of peace and contentment & you'll know that you can only succeed. You got this!

Sleeve date: Oct. 15. Sent from my Samsung Galaxy