Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Trying To Advance Too Quickly

I'm all for it...aside from my one little concern about having a friendship with anyone named "alias" :P

My name is alia. Lmao..is yours iggy?

My name is alia. Lmao..is yours iggy?

Lol no, but I live in an igloo :P. (it's dawn by the way...wanna guess what time I was born?).

Where was your surgery? I've never heard of purée before 2-3 weeks. :)

I was put on puréed at 10 days.

I was put on puréed at 10 days.

Your so lucky! :) I'm on day 15 and still no puréed foods yet...have to wait til the 20th when I see my doc.

Lol no' date=' but I live in an igloo :P. (it's dawn by the way...wanna guess what time I was born?).[/quote']

Where were u born?

Where the Weedel lives :P (Ok that might just be Seattle knowledge...so Seattle) I am not an actual eskimo, though people ask all the time (which cracks me up given I'm whiter than snow with red hair) But I do speak Yupik :P

I love Seattle..you remind me of an online English teacher I had in college...same humor..question..how long were you on liquids after second surgery?

Seattle has always been home...ok near home, I'm a country girl LOL I live in the "big city" of Port Townsend during the school year and Anchorage whenever we aren't in school with the little guy. Both have special places in my heart. Port Townsend is so small that when I moved back it made the front page LMAO We don't call our paper the "Misleader" for nothing!

Ok test...Let's see, I was on clear fluids for about 48 hours, then full liquids for one week. Blender food for about a week and then onto soft foods or very well chewed food (I had a seven course meal which included wild boar, antelope and halibut LOL) Ok I ate just a bite or two but it was good heh heh This diet is fairly typical progression for Virginia Mason. It's six weeks now and I am allowed anything but raw vegies and apples.

In Europe and the UK they go from surgery to pureed (but not supper moist puree...we're talking roast beef and potatoes or shepards pie) within a few days. I don't know how they do it LOL I certainly didn't feel up to eating potatoes a few days after either surgery (and let me say...doing the first few weeks twice is not fair LOL). But I don't hear they're dropping like flies over there so they must be on to something.

That said...this is not an endorsement of steak on your way home from the hospital for those who read it that way!!!

How's the food going for you????

I love Seattle..you remind me of an online English teacher I had in college...same humor..question..how long were you on liquids after second surgery?

Oh...the English teacher comment. My husband gaffed gauffed? Umm snorted his wine. My spelling is so atrocious that even my ipad has given up on me. I cheated in spelling in the 11th grade. I like to tell children that cheating will get them nothing...but I live in a big house and was senior management when working, so I'm not sure they believe me....

Bad spellers of the world UNTIE!!!!!

I also cheated at math....Mr. Porter was a push over. This will bite me in the arse when my son gets into the third grade likely. Oh and in college I sort of cheated in Economics and Accounting. Both professors assumed as a lender that I actually got what they were saying. Debits and Credits are opposite in banking so I was so freaking confused by that in Accounting, and the prof in Economics loved me because I always laughed at his Russian Red Wheat jokes. I have ZERO idea about red wheat but I do know that when a teacher makes a joke you laugh heh heh

But enough about me LOL (I can now no longer run for POTUS because this post will come up....oh and I inhaled) :P

Where the Weedel lives :P (Ok that might just be Seattle knowledge...so Seattle) I am not an actual eskimo' date=' though people ask all the time (which cracks me up given I'm whiter than snow with red hair) But I do speak Yupik :P[/quote']

The Wheedel on the Needle was one of my favorites growing up! I am from Portland it is always fun visiting Seattle, lots to do. I took the underground tour (underworld version) recently and really enjoyed it :)

I'm on Post Op Day 5 and I'm only just now able to get in a few bites of yogurt. I can't even begin to imagine starting pureed foods. You're one brave and amazing lady for sure :) I'm kinda jealous you can eat what you're eating lol. I would do about anything right now to eat pureed foods but I still get 'gurgles' occasionally and I'm not even allowed to think about pureed foods until the 20th :( lol.

Feeling your pain

Sent from my Samsung G2 using VST

Dawn I'm so glad to see you posting and that you're progressing through the food stages now! I'm always so happy to see one of your posts :D

I wish your thread had not been pulled so people could see the pure hell you went through, and documented so well.

Why would they pull her thread..wow!!!

I would like to know what was wrong with the thread too.