Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Protein Powder?

I HATED unjury and anything more than a Tbs. at a time had me gagging from the smell. For a while I used the Isopure but it started to have an aftertaste. After a lot of (failed) samples' date=' I found the Syntrax Medical Unflavored.

I LOVE it. I can put one or two scoops in ANYTHING and not taste it and it dissolves without clumps.

~Cheri[/quote']

Where do you buy Syntrax Medical Unflavored?

The Unjury site is www.unjury.com. Lots of luck.

Yeah but don't you still have to eat other food and feed your family? My point is it will be 22.95 every 4 days that in not currently spending. My question isn't whether or not it's worth it-of course it is! It's our health!!! My question is how pricy is 22.95 every 4 days?

Ladies and gents, with any medical Protein powder you will see directions that say something like "Four scoops per day". These Protein powders are designed to be a person's ENTIRE meal plan 24/7. They are often fed through a tube to their victim....umm patients, so when they put directions on the bottle they are directions that do not apply to people who are supplementing their meal plan with protein. (And yes they are expensive as all hell if you are doing this and not often covered by insurance....my son's, at ten months, ran about $500 a week).

I use unjury and like it a lot. I tend to use the chicken (which I add to savory items) and the unflavored. I rarely add an entire scoop though. I add half a scoop to Soups or yogurt which pumps a meal up to 15 or so from maybe 4 or 5 it might have been. I've had the container of Unjury for quite some time and it's not half gone as I try to get my protein from actual food verses powders or shakes so it wasn't horribly expensive and it gets me over the hump without adding a lot of carbs, which my other go to Protein Drink (0 fat milk with oveltine) does do.

I find a whole scoop to be overwhelmingly gross, but then I don't enjoy Protein drinks at all. But the half or even a 1/4 scoop is pretty invisible in food and for those who struggle with getting all their protein in, it can be what keeps you at goal.

Syntrax Medical can be purchased on Amazon or Drugstore.com - I've used both. The instructions are actually pretty normal: one to two scoops of powder to 4-16 oz. of liquid. The scoops of unflavored are much smaller than the scoops of flavored Proteins, too.

Each scoop contains 40 calories, 25 mg sodium, 50 mg potassium and 10 g Protein. No fat or carbs. There are 41 scoops per 1 pound container; each container costs about $16 or so.

I can open the container and take a big whiff; it smells like powdered milk. That, for me, is the biggest draw of this particular Protein. unjury, Isoflex and Integrated supplements all smell terrible to me and that affects their taste. I find this protein completely unoffensive.

It's possible to buy samples of Unjury. I very highly recommend you do that before making a choice and buying a large tub of it. I did the samples and wound up giving every sample from them but the one I opened away. The guy I gave them to asked me how I could even drink the stuff and HE gave them away. It's different for everyone. Some people love the stuff but I can't stand it.

It's also possible to get samples of the Syntrax Medical (or just about any other protein you'd like to try) on Vitalady's site.

Good luck.

~Cheri

Awesome, I've been looking for something new to try. Been contemplating the price but really seems to break down to like $5 a day, so not bad since I've been cutting out fast food & star bucks :)

I'm getting sleeved dec 10th so getting prepared

Idk if you guys have tries this but last night( I am still in hospital) they have me a little packet of Hormel Propass to add to my Soup it was a tiny packet with 6 grams Protein and 30 calories and it was unflavored. My husband found some on CVS that I am going to get....