Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Unflavored Protein Powder?

I've seen some post about unflavored Protein Powder and I forgot....what is it called? Where do I get it? How much Protein? Is there a certain amount you have to mix it with?

I ordered the Unjury unflavored powder through their site and I really like it. I add it to lots of food and can't taste it.

I am using Isopure it has 110 calories per scoop and 26 g of protien, I bought it at the health food store perhaps GNC i go to so many now its hard to say. can't really taste it except when i tried to mix some in my SF carmel pudding totally gross it tasted like mushroom flavored pudding for some reason... yuk.... lol

I have also tried Unjury and its good

I am using Isopure it has 110 calories per scoop and 26 g of protien' date=' I bought it at the health food store perhaps GNC i go to so many now its hard to say. can't really taste it except when i tried to mix some in my SF carmel pudding totally gross it tasted like mushroom flavored pudding for some reason... yuk.... lol

I have also tried unjury and its good[/quote']

Lol I hate mushrooms! Thanks ill look for it when I'm released (if I'm ever release) from the hospital. Ready to break out! Lol

I ordered the unjury unflavored powder through their site and I really like it. I add it to lots of food and can't taste it.

Thank you! What site did you order it from?

I ordered the unjury unflavored powder through their site and I really like it. I add it to lots of food and can't taste it.

Is it just me or is that stuff expensive? I mean $22.95 for 17 scoops and it says 4 scoops a day. So every four days another $22.95?

I know it seems pricey, but, you only add one scoop to 8 oz of liquid. I add mine to 16oz of crystal light. That's 20g of Protein. To sf pudding or a 4oz container of greek yougurt, I add 1/2 a scoop. I don't know how far out you are, but, you should be getting protein from other foods. Also, I don't spend anywhere near as much money on groceries as I used to so what I save I can afford the protein powders, flavored and unflavored. Just don't add the powder to hot liquids over 130 degrees or it will clump up.

I know it seems pricey' date=' but, you only add one scoop to 8 oz of liquid. I add mine to 16oz of crystal light. That's 20g of Protein. To sf pudding or a 4oz container of greek yougurt, I add 1/2 a scoop. I don't know how far out you are, but, you should be getting Protein from other foods. Also, I don't spend anywhere near as much money on groceries as I used to so what I save I can afford the protein powders, flavored and unflavored. Just don't add the powder to hot liquids over 130 degrees or it will clump up.[/quote']

I am still pre op hoping for early December. So are you saying you won't actually need 4 scoops per day as recommended on the unjury site?

I am still pre op hoping for early December. So are you saying you won't actually need 4 scoops per day as recommended on the Unjury site?

Maybe if that is all you are using for your Protein sources you might use that much a day...and yes, if so that WOULD get expensive! I've been looking at it as well, and 20 some bucks for 15 scoops seems pricey to me too :blink:

Is it just me or is that stuff expensive? I mean 22.95 for 17 scoops and it says 4 scoops a day. So every four days another 22.95?

It does sound pricy, but if you break it down to price per gram of Protein it's really on par with other high quality whey Protein isolate products. Also, 4scoops a day would only be while you are in the liquid stage. 4 scoops = 80+ grams of protein.

Also, even if it only lasted 4 days, that's only about 5.75/day. When was the last time you Te for 5.75/meal much less a day?

It does sound pricy' date=' but if you break it down to price per gram of Protein it's really on par with other high quality whey Protein isolate products. Also, 4scoops a day would only be while you are in the liquid stage. 4 scoops = 80+ grams of protein.

Also, even if it only lasted 4 days, that's only about 5.75/day. When was the last time you Te for 5.75/meal much less a day?[/quote']

Yeah but don't you still have to eat other food and feed your family? My point is it will be 22.95 every 4 days that in not currently spending. My question isn't whether or not it's worth it-of course it is! It's our health!!! My question is how pricy is 22.95 every 4 days?

Bottom line, you have to do what's best for you, your health, family, and budget. As your diet advances you'll be getting more Protein from normal food sources. How many scoops you'll need per day depends on your postop plan, how fast you're advancing, and the the amount of protein in the powder/drink you are using.

Yeah but don't you still have to eat other food and feed your family? My point is it will be 22.95 every 4 days that in not currently spending. My question isn't whether or not it's worth it-of course it is! It's our health!!! My question is how pricy is 22.95 every 4 days?

Yup, you do have to feed your family, but if you are using 4 scoops a day then you are sourcing all your Protein from these shakes. If you are past the liquids stage you will only be using 1-2 scoops/day. My situation is likely different than yours, as I rarely eat at home. A meal typically costs me anywhere from 7-12 dollars. And that's assuming I'm not splurging. So for me, $40/week is a bargain, I have spent more than that on 1 meal. Also keep in mind what you are getting. 100% undamaged whey Protein isolate. The best protein currently available for your body.

Is it just me or is that stuff expensive? I mean 22.95 for 17 scoops and it says 4 scoops a day. So every four days another 22.95?

I would only use the unflavored for special things, like putting in puddings and such for an extra way to get Protein in and stick to the more inexpensive Protein for everyday use. Jillian Michaels brand is less than $10.00 at Walmart ( for 15 scoops, I think) and it tastes fine to me. But I'm only 1 day out so I'm certainly no expert. LOL

I HATED powders?utm_source=BariatricPal&utm_medium=Affiliate&utm_campaign=CommentLink" target="_ad" data-id="1" >unjury and anything more than a Tbs. at a time had me gagging from the smell. For a while I used the Isopure but it started to have an aftertaste. After a lot of (failed) samples, I found the Syntrax Medical Unflavored.

I LOVE it. I can put one or two scoops in ANYTHING and not taste it and it dissolves without clumps.

~Cheri