Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

October Sleevers-How Ya Doin?

I was sleeved 10/1 started at 266 down to 238. I can tolerate everything that I have tried to date with no complications. My waist went from 43 to 37 inches. I am super pleased with my progress. I stalled from 10/10 until 10/29. I do not lose daily. I have a drop then no loss for a week or more.

Wore a pair of jeans this weekend, even a little loose that I could not wear for more than a year pre op. Was a great feeling.

Sleeved 10/03 down 27 lbs since surgery 20 lbs pre-op. I'm amazed by this whole process. While it was hard those first few weeks now that I'm on normal food (though much less) feeling better than ever!

I was sleeved on oct 11 and I don't know if it's a stage that everyone goes through but I'm regretting doing my VSG

I'm so scared my stomach will leak the Vitamins taste so bad and so complicated to take I can not stand the Protein shakes

I'm 4 weeks out I lost abut 30lbs I guess it's not bad when I read other people progress I'm gassy' date=' hungry, and constipated my sense of smell has been heightened I have been eating chicken and salmon and yogurt to get more Protein I'm sooooo regretting having the sleeve done i hope its just a phase I hope I found someone who can relate and not discouraging anyone from pursuing the VSG I'm just looking for support

[/quote']

i completly understand, at first i had regrets, i was sleeved 10/23...i dont mind the Protein Shakes, i think im just bored with liquids...( on full liquids for 1 more week) Hopefully things get better for you! at least your losing good ;)

Hey guys! I was sleeved Oct. 22nd. I am down about 17 pounds since surgery plus 20 more pre-op. My pants are finally starting to feel baggy. I have been on mushy foods for a week. Refried Beans seem to be my favorite thus far. I have yet to find a Protein Drink that does not make me gag, so I try hard to eat high Protein foods and put unflavored powder in everything I can. Even that is a struggle because I know it is there and it makes my food look funny. I need better flavors! Any thoughts on the the muscle milk light cupcake batter flavor? Sounds yummy, but how healthy is it? Most things I have tried to eat go down well, but I am still trying to learn when enough is enough. One more bite always seems to get me in trouble and I get sick and hurt a bit. I don't know when I am full until it hurts sometimes. Still learning my new body and way of life, but never happier with my success in regards to weight loss.

Secret fears are that I will lose my hair and that once I am skinny i won't want to be with my husband anymore. Basically worried I will sew some wild oats and decide there is more to life out there. Always have wondered if I have settled because I did not feel confident I could do better. I know this makes me sound horrible, but it is my secret fear. Anyone else struggle with this thought?

Congrats to all!

I'm new to this site and just had my surgery on 10/25. The nausea was horrible at first and I couldn't keep any liquids in, so I ended up staying in the hospital a bit longer. My Phase I was Clear Liquids for one week. Phase 2 was full liquids for one week. Now, I'm supposed to be doing Phase 3, which is pureed foods, but it's been challenging. Since surgery things that I perceive as sweet make me extremely nauseous, so I have been avoiding them- witht he exception of diluted Diet/Light juices. Yogurt and puddings (sugar-free, fat-free) still make me ill, as do the recommended eggs. So, I'm trying cottage cheese, fat-free vegetarian refried Beans, and applesauce. I'm a vegetarian but compromised with my surgeon and agreed to add fish/seafood until I am taking enough Protein in on my own.

So far I am down 35+ pounds since the day of surgery- according to my scale. I don't have another follow-up with my surgeon until the end of November, so I will have to wait to see what that scale says. It's a stressful thing not seeing the number go down though. I mean, with as little as I'm taking in but as much as I am doing, it just feels like I'm lagging behind others. {I'm not allowed to return to my exercise routine until after my one month follow-up, so all I'm doing is walking every day, as much as I can.} Does anyone else get frustrated?

The plus side is I'm feeling better every day. I'm off most of my medications save for Topamax and Omeprazole. The hunger isn't there, at all. I'm forcing myself to eat and drink because I know I have to, but the desire is gone- thank goodness!

I hope everyone else is doing well!

I was sleeved Oct 30, today I woke up feeling tired, headache and the last couple of days my incisions have been hurting, but other than that great I stalled for 2 days after losing 15 pounds thou this morning showed I lost another 2 pounds.

I am about one month out. I started at 231, lost about 10 pounds before surgery, and now 30 total. I am frustrated because I'm doing everything right and the loss is slow. I also had tons of energy in the beginning and I am now going through a tired, sluggish period. Does this go away? Anyone else dealt with this?

I'm new to this site and just had my surgery on 10/25. The nausea was horrible at first and I couldn't keep any liquids in' date=' so I ended up staying in the hospital a bit longer. My Phase I was Clear Liquids for one week. Phase 2 was full liquids for one week. Now, I'm supposed to be doing Phase 3, which is pureed foods, but it's been challenging. Since surgery things that I perceive as sweet make me extremely nauseous, so I have been avoiding them- witht he exception of diluted Diet/Light juices. Yogurt and puddings (sugar-free, fat-free) still make me ill, as do the recommended eggs. So, I'm trying cottage cheese, fat-free vegetarian refried Beans, and applesauce. I'm a vegetarian but compromised with my surgeon and agreed to add fish/seafood until I am taking enough Protein in on my own.

So far I am down 35+ pounds since the day of surgery- according to my scale. I don't have another follow-up with my surgeon until the end of November, so I will have to wait to see what that scale says. It's a stressful thing not seeing the number go down though. I mean, with as little as I'm taking in but as much as I am doing, it just feels like I'm lagging behind others. {I'm not allowed to return to my exercise routine until after my one month follow-up, so all I'm doing is walking every day, as much as I can.} Does anyone else get frustrated?

The plus side is I'm feeling better every day. I'm off most of my medications save for Topamax and Omeprazole. The hunger isn't there, at all. I'm forcing myself to eat and drink because I know I have to, but the desire is gone- thank goodness!

I hope everyone else is doing well![/quote']

I was nauseas everytime I ate as well. I'm also almost a mth out, I spent last week in the hospital, and was still nauseas when I came home. I cut out dairy Saturday and I feel wonderful now. I'm told a lot of sleevers have an intolerance after surgery because they remove the portion that digests dairy. Not sure on the validity of that but I know I feel better now that I'm off dairy. Good luck!

Hey guys! I was sleeved Oct. 22nd. I am down about 17 pounds since surgery plus 20 more pre-op. My pants are finally starting to feel baggy. I have been on mushy foods for a week. Refried Beans seem to be my favorite thus far. I have yet to find a Protein drink that does not make me gag, so I try hard to eat high Protein foods and put unflavored powder in everything I can. Even that is a struggle because I know it is there and it makes my food look funny. I need better flavors! Any thoughts on the the muscle milk light cupcake batter flavor? Sounds yummy, but how healthy is it? Most things I have tried to eat go down well, but I am still trying to learn when enough is enough. One more bite always seems to get me in trouble and I get sick and hurt a bit. I don't know when I am full until it hurts sometimes. Still learning my new body and way of life, but never happier with my success in regards to weight loss.

Secret fears are that I will lose my hair and that once I am skinny i won't want to be with my husband anymore. Basically worried I will sew some wild oats and decide there is more to life out there. Always have wondered if I have settled because I did not feel confident I could do better. I know this makes me sound horrible, but it is my secret fear. Anyone else struggle with this thought?

Congrats to all!

Sorry to hear that.(about your husband) I married a man who loved me fat and all I am scared he will leave me. I hope you can figure it all out. If he treats you bad don't give it a second thought...leave. I had a 6 year nightmare before I married my husband.. When I left the guy he accused me of using him to get through college. That was not true. I just couldn't take his verbal abuse anymore. But that did not stop him from telling everyone what a horrible person I was for using him to get myself through college.

I was sleeved Oct 30, today I woke up feeling tired, headache and the last couple of days my incisions have been hurting, but other than that great I stalled for 2 days after losing 15 pounds thou this morning showed I lost another 2 pounds.

I had a headache for a week, no caffeine and no carbs will do that to you. But this too shall pass....

Well, just found out today that they're wanting me to go back in for an EGD because when I eat most things I get nauseous. They just want to check and make sure that the stomach size isn't too small. Yay more hospital! *rolls eyes*

Well' date=' just found out today that they're wanting me to go back in for an EGD because when I eat most things I get nauseous. They just want to check and make sure that the stomach size isn't too small. Yay more hospital! *rolls eyes*[/quote']

Just had that done last week spent 4 days in hospital. Edg showed that my stomach was narrow and irratated. I'm on Prilosec and I stopped eating dairy and feel great. Hope all goes well!

Hi there! I've been reading for a couple of weeks and finally decided to join today.... I had surgery Oct 16th. in Venezuela and I feel wonderful....truly happy with my life change. Sometimes my eyes want to eat more than my sleeve, and that its ok.....I just take one day at a time and now food does not take control over my days

Here are my numbers:

Surgery date: Oct 16th.

Initial weight preop 240 lbs.

Weight at surgery: 232 lbs.

Today 11/12: 208 lbs.

Total weight lost: 32 lbs.

:-)

Sleeved Oct 23. Just starting to advance foods this week. ALso stalled wt. loss, but the dietician warned us to make sure we are getting calories in as about this time our bodies shut metabolism down to make up for the low calorie intake. So, I tried to increase a bit without sacrificing Protein. Upping exercise as well. Occasional nausea and diarrhea depending on what I have eaten. Down 26 lbs including preop wt. loss, now wearing my size 16's. So excited to see what I get to wear for Christmas!!!