Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Not Getting Enough Protein Or Fluids. Help .. I Need Ideas Because Everything Make Me Nauseous.

I need some Ideas because everything makes me feel nauseous! I've gotten crystal light, but they leave a yucky film in my mouth and when I add some icepure or New whey Liquid Protein the sweet taste makes me want to gag, not to mention the aftertaste of the Protein I have to take 5 liquid medications crushed and mixed in something 4 times a day. I can only drink 4 oz. at a time so 2 oz liquid meds that I hate to say but I shot it because there's no way I can sip on those 2 oz. and then I sip 2 oz of a diffrent liquid trying to get the taste out of my mouth and those make me nauseous. I've only been able to get 38 fl oz of any kind of liquid in me and 27 of that was Isopure that I choked down. I fill myself feel up super fast... : (

Sometime have any advice on not so bad tasting protein? Anyway I can expand my liquid intake? I'm sipping every 5 to 10 minutes.

My highest calore count has been 194.5 that i've been able to get in me. I can't drink gatorade or anything with electrolytes because of my heart so sports drinks are out completely like G2, and Propel , Vitamin, and life Water.

I'm going to call my Doctor tomorrow and see if there's anything different I can do because i'm still really shaky. I almost passed out today.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!

I'm 6 days post op btw.

Tell me it gets better?

post-42858-13813660774898_thumb.jpg

It gets better, believe me. I went through the same thing, everything made me nauseous in those first weeks. I had to resort to sipping room temp Gatorade G2 which helped tremendously unfortunately I see that will not work for you. Call you doctor and see what they suggest. Do keep sipping whatever you can because for the most part, that is all we can do in the beginning days/weeks.

Protein drinks are still an issue for me, hopefully eventually they will work for you.

Hang in there!

In the beginning, there was light...seriously, in the beginning it really helped me to go through 1-2 oz of Protein Shake every hour. I did this for 3 weeks. 1-2 ounces an hour is a lot easier to handle than 8 oz servings. Keep sipping the Water all day when you are not sipping the Protein shake. It does get better, much better, in a few weeks. Remember to keep walking as that will help your body heal at a faster rate. I hope you feel better soon.

My salvation has been sugar free hot cocoa with nectar unflavored Protein. It is the only thing I can tolerate daily. My suggestion, mix the powders with about 1/4 c of Water in a blender first, then add not-quite boiling water to it. For Breakfast I usually drink two packets with two scoops and that gives me about 130 calories and 20 grams of protein. For extra benefit I'll make it with skim milk instead of water and that gives me about 29 grams of protein and some extra calories.

I clearly remember day 6, I was planning on calling my doctor on day 7 even though I had an appt on day 8. On day 8 I arrived at the doctors, when the support staff asked how I was I started crying, my first week was nausea, diarrhea, pain and I thought I had made a horrible mistake. After seeing the doctor and learningmy pain was normal, my nausea was going to get better I felt so much calmer and reassured.

I had to crush my antidepressant pills and some other daily pills, I said the same thing you are saying. I was in the habit of taking all my pills as soon as I got out of bed, I thought it necessary to cont. to do that. So every morning my day started off adding these damn pills to shakes and running out of room. I can't quite tell if you crush pills or your mess r liquid. The best product I found to mask the flavor was carnation instant milk sugar free, it was hard to find, found at Walmart, chocolate flavor really strong. By week 3 I could swallow pills so I became happier.

Also if you r doing 4 oz on day 6 this might be causing your nausea. I was doing 4 oz too, I dropped it down to 1-2 oz and felt much better, much, much better, then in a few weeks I was up to 4oz and could tolerate it. I AM SO HAPPY NOW, I am at 10 weeks, still have some nausea but I think I just need to eat slower or??? GOOD LUCK

I need some Ideas because everything makes me feel nauseous! I've gotten crystal light' date=' but they leave a yucky film in my mouth and when I add some icepure or New Whey liquid Protein the sweet taste makes me want to gag, not to mention the aftertaste of the Protein I have to take 5 liquid medications crushed and mixed in something 4 times a day. I can only drink 4 oz. at a time so 2 oz liquid meds that I hate to say but I shot it because there's no way I can sip on those 2 oz. and then I sip 2 oz of a diffrent liquid trying to get the taste out of my mouth and those make me nauseous. I've only been able to get 38 fl oz of any kind of liquid in me and 27 of that was Isopure that I choked down. I fill myself feel up super fast... : (

Sometime have any advice on not so bad tasting protein? Anyway I can expand my liquid intake? I'm sipping every 5 to 10 minutes.

My highest calore count has been 194.5 that i've been able to get in me. I can't drink gatorade or anything with electrolytes because of my heart so sports drinks are out completely like G2, and Propel , Vitamin, and life Water.

I'm going to call my Doctor tomorrow and see if there's anything different I can do because i'm still really shaky. I almost passed out today.

ANY SUGGESTIONS WILL BE APPRECIATED!!!

I'm 6 days post op btw.

Tell me it gets better?[/quote']

I think 6 days post op you're drinking to much @ 4 oz at one time. My nut said no more than 2 oz at a time. You're probably drowning or at least you feel that way. So drink less in one sitting and wait 15 min before you take something else in. Good Luck!

Warm peppermint tea is a god send for nausea and I never would have gotten my fluids in the first week without it. My hospital suggested it when I had the second surgery. I also enjoy constant comment Decaf tea. That and peppermint count as water/fluids so consider that instead of the crystal light and stuff. I personally hate the flavor of "fake" stuff (koolaid etc) and couldn't stomach it after surgery. Jello made me gag (and I actually used to like jello). So the tea was my go to drink.

I use unjury Proteins myself mostly. I find they disappear and the chocolate splendor warm (not hot) is a nice treat. I make it in milk because I don't like the thickness (milk adds protein). I use zero percent milk, 8 oz and half a scoop of the chocolate splendor and that gets me 19g's. Warm works for me...some like cold (it's good cold) but my tummy didn't like it.

It does get easier. But you have to get those calories and liquids up. I was given a week to get there...day one darling I was at some 100 number as well. Try to strive for an improvement each day. If the nausea is an issue get the doc to prescribe you anti nausea pills. Also are you on prilosec or something similar? Most take it for the first few months. Between the two, nausea was not an issue for me unless I tried to drink crystal light or another fake type thing (popsicles bleh). We all like different things...so do remember popsicles (sugar free) if that would help.

If however you don't get better, which I didn't the first go around, you need to be back into your doc so you don't get dehydrated or they don't miss a leak issue.