Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Finally In Maintenance

So a 130 pound loss in a year and 3 Months. That is pretty spectacular. My words of advice...

• Start working out before the surgery
  • Lose as much weight as possible in the first six months by severe calorie restriction (500). I am hungry now, and I can eat WAY MORE...so weight gain is possible. That window of opportunity is small in comparison to the rest of your life. See...I ate Breakfast, and I am hungry again already! It is 11:30am! I ate at 9:00am! So I have to drink something until lunch or else I will eat way to much during the day!
  • Have fun and enjoy the ride!

post-11684-13813660704578_thumb.jpg

Wow, you look fabulous! You are so skinny! :)

Look at that smile (and those collarbones!). That is FANTASTIC! Thanks for the inspiration.

You must be tall because you're so thin! Great job, you look awesome!!

The bones are something to get used to, but then when I look at all the skinny people on TV you can see all their bones too so I stopped freaking out. It is normal! But really weird! I never knew I had bones :)

You look awesome! I can't wait to join you in maintenance!

My bones showed up recently and it freaked me out, but in a good way, for a few weeks. I am used to them now and loving it!

Wow! You look great. You looked beautiful before though!! :) Do you work out every day? What did your diet consist of??

I got totally freaked out when my collar bone became pronounced. :) Also was a little freaked out when I could see my veins in my forehead..... :)

How tall are you?

You look awesome!!!

Kudos to you! Just home today from the hospital can't wait to join you on the losers bench!

Wow! You look great. You looked beautiful before though!! :) Do you work out every day? What did your diet consist of??

I never worked out...which is why I advise you to start before the surgery. I am still very tired. I take my Vitamins, and I get bursts of energy here and there, but working out is something that I just wish I started before the surgery. My diet is the same thing pretty much everyday.

• 2 cheese Sticks & a power bar Protein builder bar (yum) for Breakfast...Sometimes not both...just one or the other.
  • lunch is meat...so chicken or tuna or fish or steak...just meat. I sometimes eat some veggies (cucumbers/carrots), but mostly meat. Occasionally I will eat Chili.
  • dinner is either baked chicken and a little mac n cheese or a couple of tator tots or a frozen stoffer's microwave meal.
  • I am always hungry after dinner so I have Peanut Butter on a couple of crackers, or some chips, or another cheese stick or some cheese and lunch meat. Sometimes an ice cream.
  • I always try to drink something when I am hungry to make it a little longer before I have to eat. I have been hungry for the past hour, but I don't want to eat until 1pm so I will drink now because I am feeling crazy hungry and then eat at 1pm.

I fall between 1200 and 1800 calories per day. If I go and have a couple of 1800 calorie days I will...like the past two days...go back to eating 1000 for the day for 3 to 4 days. It is rough. I have gained a couple and then went on my couple of days of eating lower calories and went right back down. You can have your bad eating day...maybe even two...but you have to stop yourself quickly and get some control.

How tall are you?

You look awesome!!!

5'11"

You look gorgeous!!!!

Thanks for the tips. Did you have many stalls? I am almost 6 weeks out down 23 pounds and have been here for 2 weeks. What did you do to break the stalls if you had them??