Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Like Food Anymore

im at the stage where i can eat whatever i can tolorate. i have not had any bad foods in almost two months and nothing was tasting right so i tried that and didnt like it. i just dont like to eat anymore so i eat when i have to and what im suppose to. everyone has a moment no one is perfect right. im stilllearing my new way of life im 6 weeks out.

oh and my bread has to be toasted. after eating wendy's i have no cravings for more or any other junk foods. im good

im at the stage where i can eat whatever i can tolorate. i have not had any bad foods in almost two months and nothing was tasting right so i tried that and didnt like it. i just dont like to eat anymore so i eat when i have to and what im suppose to. everyone has a moment no one is perfect right. im stilllearing my new way of life im 6 weeks out.

oh and my bread has to be toasted. after eating wendy's i have no cravings for more or any other junk foods. im good

Good way to get it out of your system :) I used to eat a lot of fast food when DH was out of town (I'm a lazy cook) and I must admit I think a hit at Taco Bell sounds good LOL (soft burrito with cheese and beans...hey that's almost allowed for me LOL), but I worry the fat would bother my tummy so I haven't tried it. That said, I had a delicious crab sandwich (minus the bread) which came with steak fries and I enjoyed a couple. It's kind of nice to have a treat and not be able to eat enough to cause a problem.

So have you done bread much? I'm afraid to try! I know my nut allows them this week but I think it's supposed to be toasted whole wheat....I've been too chicken to explore that kind of carbs much!

We have Chipotle here in Texas and they make a burrito bowl that is so good. It is grilled chicken, pinto Beans, salsa and cheese. One bowl lasts about 5 meals and it is so good and fresh! They normally come with rice and guacamole but I leave those out. It really helped me with not liking what I was eating. I got excited knowing that was dinner, so maybe you just haven't found a post op food that does it for you yet!

You know my son has a feeding disorder (he has no natural hunger drive) and kids like him prefer sweet, salty and savory in BIG flavors. I am finding as I eat less that the things I used to like a little now sound great, like salsa. I had a scrambled egg with salsa and sour cream yesterday for Breakfast and it was heaven. Pre sleeve I'd have not been that excited about salsa frankly.

Maybe thats the trick you should be looking for...something highly flavored (that bowl of yummies sounds good to me LOL)

I was sleeved July 3rd, and I no longer care or enjoy food. This isn't a complaint; just a fact. As someone above mentioned, I don;t like food, don't care about eating, and no longer cook...unless you call making tuna fish, cooking! I do, however, like the weight and inches lost.

My surgery was 9/19 so I'm five weeks out too. I feel like the rest of you not enjoying food. I miss the flavor really. The 3 week stall has lasted 3 weeks too. I'm so close to onederland and cant get to it. Beyond frustrated. My dr is releasing me to work out on nov. 4th and I cant wait. Hopefully that will help. That burrito bowl from chipotle does sound good to try.

Wow. I still enjoy eating and cooking. I don't eat much but thats what i was hoping for and im very happy. Sorry you guys are having issues. Glad i dont want nasty fast food anymore.

I can relate to this post, majority of the time I feel like why bother to cook anything for myself bcuz the amount I'm able to eat is a waste of time to cook or prepare. However I am losing well about 3-4 lbs a week. I find myself reaching for yogurt and applesauce or my shakes quicker than anything. If I eat real food I'm usual forcing myself to get up and cook it. But isnt this why we had the surgery in the first place? For the restriction? It's enjoy the weight loss we are having and look in the mirror and say it was all worth it for u baby!! Lol every time I see the scale go down I think go girl all that light eating did u justice and I high five myself!

I think the stall is getting to me more than anything even though Ive read that they are normal. I don't get head hunger and am patient for when i am finally able to eat regular foods but in the interim, not seeing weight loss is frustrating.

iggy have you ever tried flourless bread. it is so good its made of sprouted wheat very healthy i get mines from trader joes

DONT get me wrong im happy with whats going on. i just wanted to know if i was alone here.

gettingbacktome i want to eat like that but ineed the calories to continue to loose. right now i get about 800cals in. im so glad im not alone

iggy have you ever tried flourless bread. it is so good its made of sprouted wheat very healthy i get mines from trader joes

ive tried flourless chocolate cake....heh heh

i think i need to make a trip to trader joes. its about an hour away but i keep hearing about their great options, including a high Protein Pasta. id love some traditional spaghetti but dont want the regular Pasta. ill try the bread. do you toast it?

yes i toast it cut it in half and put trader joes low sodium turkey lunchmeat. i dont care for mayo on my sandwich so its dry but i like it, i might try some mustard one day. sometimes i put their light white chedder cheese on it depends on where i am with my protien intake. i had the flourless cake also it was to rich for me lol. they have Peanut Butter with no salt all natrual, i go there every week.

Before surgery I had a love for food. You could always count ok me eating at a different restaurant. I LOVED food. I talked about food with friends, strangers, anyone who would listen.

I am grateful for my sleeve because I am finally able to control my weight but I sometimes miss food. I have no desire to eat and if I didn't need to I probably wouldn't. Trying to figure out my Protein grams and ensuring that I'm eating the right combination of food has become a chore. I don't want to complain but maybe in a few months I'll feel like eating again. I asked a thin friend of mine who told me that she eats for nourishment but doesn't look forward to it. Maybe that is what the sleeve has done to me, turned me into a person who isn't obsessed with food but one who sees food as nourishment and a means of survival.

Just a suggestion...read Bethany Frankle's Book, "Naturally Thin". I read it a few years ago when I went on Jenny Craig (lost 70 lbs.-gained back 77, ta-da!!!) and I just re-read it. It gives a prospective of the relationship between food and being a naturally thin (I prefer the term fit) person. The relationship I've had my whole life with food is warped. Love/hate. In her book, you can learn about the balancing of foods from meal to meal so that your day balances -carb/fat wise. Wonderful recipes also. My fav. tip-"Cancel membership in the clean your plate club"-leaving even a tiny bite of each food item on your plate is empowering, let's you know that you DO have power over food-it's not the other way around - any more! Eat to live-not Live to eat! Yaaaaa!