Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Dont Like Food Anymore

I AGREE WITH BOTH OF YOU

I do have cravings for food but it's not what I use to crave for prior to surgery. I use to want Coney Island and always had to have sweets after meal, potato chips and burgers and chili fries, etc lol now I crave applesauce, fruit, veggies, chicken, cheese sticks, yogurt, and lately cashews lol but I have no desire to eat cake Cookies ice cream chili fries burgers and all that fattening food anymore. One meal for me is one Greek yogurt and I'm happy with that. It doesn't bother me cookin for my family anymore and I can watch someone eat my prior to surgery favorite food and I'm fine with that. This surgery was the best thing I cud have EVER done.

I do have cravings for food but it's not what I use to crave for prior to surgery. I use to want Coney Island and always had to have sweets after meal' date=' potato chips and burgers and chili fries, etc lol now I crave applesauce, fruit, veggies, chicken, cheese sticks, yogurt, and lately cashews lol but I have no desire to eat cake Cookies ice cream chili fries burgers and all that fattening food anymore. One meal for me is one Greek yogurt and I'm happy with that. It doesn't bother me cookin for my family anymore and I can watch someone eat my prior to surgery favorite food and I'm fine with that. This surgery was the best thing I cud have EVER done.[/quote']

chilli fries....mmmm I can have potato and chili... I might just have to have a little potato with chill tomorrow LOL

This is exactly what I'm feeling. I hate chewing the 20/30 times because the food taste so different and then the food getting cold is worse. I just feel so not normal and almost feeling regretful that I did this to my body. I'm 17 days out and it's a struggle, my surgery date was 5/23 and I've lost of total of 28lbs since day of surgery, it's just a major adjustment for me. I pray with time it gets better.

Looks like an old post but it's funny that it came back around. I was just telling my husband tonight that I have no desire to eat. It's not a lack of being hungry ... it's just not having a desire. I make myself have some Protein Drinks and try to get a meal/snack in a day but it's not pleasurable atm. I wasn't this way last week so don't know what changed.

I completely understand. My wife always asks me what I want for dinner and I tell her I don't care. She has to force me to eat dinner most nights because I just don't care or enjoy food anymore. Who would have thought I would have developed an eating disorder after surgery?

Sent from my iPad using VST

guys it pass, i am 9 months out and i can get in up to 1300 cals a day now. good stuff but my taste for food is back. i was worried

So, I know this thread is REALLY old, but I found it via a Google search because in a moment of feeling blue, I needed to hear that I wasn't alone.

I'm a year and a half out from DS and doing great - surpassed my weight loss goal and still going. Only down side is that eating is now a total chore. I definitely had a binge eating disorder (undiagnosed, but looking back I know it was there) and struggled with weight and unhealthy food relationships my whole life. I now completely reject diet culture and have gone on a journey to understand how to eat intuitively with the support of my post-surgical team.

All of that to say - even almost 2 years after surgery, I mourn the loss of pleasure in food. Some days it's worse than others, but it is what it is.

I'm going to gently push back on a few responses in the thread, because it's valid to grieve the loss of who we used to be and how we used to live and cope. That doesn't mean we aren't happy, following program, and learning new ways to live and cope post-surgery.

Just knowing that others struggle with this same roller coaster of emotions helps me immensely though! Keep fighting the good fight out there folks. This tool of surgery is a great one and powerful, but remember to also be kind to yourselves. We are imperfect, but capable!

Edited by NCChris
grammatical error

Yeah, I hear you. I don’t think I’m grieving anymore but do feel like an outsider. My co-workers come in in the morning and start planning elaborate lunches for take out. I don’t even see the appeal. There’s no interest from me to even be in the daily four hour conversation. I can’t even pretend to like it. Then in the afternoon they do it all over again about coffee. I think I need to get out of that classroom. We’re special needs teachers. It’s hard to explain to them that I was looking forward to a hard boiled egg because I was low energy and knew it would be just right. I’ve moved on from this “foodie mentality.” I just want fuel, boring fuel, but it makes me an outsider.