Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

November Bandsters!

Hi everyone. I haven't been on in a while. I have been struggling with no restriction for the past few months. Went to doctor today and found out that I have a leak. I had been suspicious for a while since I had a hard fill in April. So tomorrow I will schedule an appointment in San Fran to find out where the leak is and schedule surgery. Has anyone else had this problem?

I know quite a few people with leaks who have just had their fills done with Omnipak and have been fine. Might be worth a try before surgery! Omnipack is just a much thicker fill.

I know quite a few people with leaks who have just had their fills done with Omnipak and have been fine. Might be worth a try before surgery! Omnipack is just a much thicker fill.

Oh, I hope they can do that. I just feel sick, thinking about having to have surgery again. (I have to travel 5+ hours to the hospital my insurance approves for surgery). I will definately ask. Thanks Betsyjane.

I don't even think the people I know had any diagnostics done. Their fills kept disappearing so they switched to Omnipak. You might want to search this site for specific posts for Omnipak and see what you can learn....

llitltweety,

It was so nice meeting you today! I hope everything went well. I will try to call you a bit later today. As you saw at the hospital it is hard for me to have a normal lunch at work since I tend to get paged away in the middle. Take lots of care!

Angela :ranger:

Glad to see everyone doing so well! I was supposed to be banded in November 06 but I'm finally getting my surgery on Monday! Looking forward to sharing in your sucesses.

Did i see that right you lost a total of 50 lbs in a little over a month? or is the date wrong, I my self went to have the surgery last october to find a hernia and denied :rolleyes had hernia opt and now she still wont do it, well i dont want her to if she is that unsure of herself, so now waiting on another doc who might do it or bariatric, but lap band i would think is better for me because i need to loose about 75lbs :embarassed: im just so tired of the run around .

Isn't life interesting. After a 2 month plateau...well, barely losing anyway...I am back to losing. I'll tell ya, in my old life, a plateau would have been followed by a huge gain! It is such a gift for me tha tmy band lets me sort things out and head forward without losing ground.

I am so sorry to hear that about the leak litltwety. What can cause a leak? I am doing good. Haven't lost much weight but definetly feel the difference in my cloths. I put on a pair of shorts yesterday that I haven't worn in three years and they are a little snug but I got them on and they look good. I went to vacation last week to Big Bear Lake and because of the altitude I felt very tight so didn't eat much. It is a good thing I guess. It was a struggle with myself to not be able to munch on anything I wanted but got threw it. It is weird how the band works. Some days you feel you can get anything in and the next you PB after three bites. When that happens its like your body is reminding your brain that it is there. I hope everyone is having a good summer. Not much activitity on our page like before. I missed the lap band site while I was on vacation because it helps me with support that I am not the only one going threw these mind battles and body battles. I am going to ask my Dr. about the Omnipack for my next fill. I would like to try it to see if it stays in place better.

Are any of you feeling more, er, normal lately? I think I'vr started passing into the "mature bandster" phase. I still struggle and learn, but I'm less obsessive about it. I seem not to need to think about my band all the time...and some days, I don't think about food a whole lot.....

Are any of you feeling more, er, normal lately? I think I'vr started passing into the "mature bandster" phase. I still struggle and learn, but I'm less obsessive about it. I seem not to need to think about my band all the time...and some days, I don't think about food a whole lot.....

Yes, I do feel that way. Though some weeks I start feeling as If I can eat like I used to and quickly reminded that I can't and have a PB. I do feel like more at ease when I go out to eat and not stress on eating something I shouldn't. Process of elimiation from experience has ruled out a lot of food that is just a NO. It was almost like anger at first of giving up the food but now I am totally okay with it. Food is a big part of life but I am okay with just saying no now. I am learning more and more everyday that hunger is more mental than anything. I am okay with the decision to cut most foods out of my life. It has almost like a peace with in yourself of the weight loss struggle and the sacrifice we have to live now. The scale going down helps that peace but once we get to our goal we have to maintain. The band is there to help us do that. I have grown a lot the last year in discovering a new me inside and out.

Happy Friday to all!!!!!!!!!!!:whoo:

It's been a bit busy lately with fair season here trying to maintain the goats, get them ready for shows, judging, etc. Add in that a friend had to move so tried to help with that and I'm still struggling with finding a decent mask for the CPAP machine and I just haven't had lots of online time.

I got down to 205 but am now holding at 215. First goal was 225 and then revised to 210 but at 210, everyone thought I looked ill and 215 seems to be a bit healthier looking weight for me. I've held there for about 3 weeks with absolutely no fill so that's encouraging. Still have bad food days where things get stuck but, for the most part, I'm able to eat reasonable foods without difficulty.

Ice cream is still my downfall so I try not to keep it in the house. If I go running around, I'll sometimes stop and get some. It's far more expensive that way but it keeps me a bit under control. My other stumbling block has been fudge. I've been making goat's milk fudge and have become rather proficient at it and have some interesting flavors. (A couple of friends are encouraging me to explore the options on selling the fudge.) Of course, I have to sample what I make! <G> I've also made some chevre (goat cheese) and some goat's milk ice cream but those products can't be sold in Ohio without getting licensure. Fudge has to be cooked to such a high temperature, there's more flexibility there.

And, as if I didn't have enough going on, after wanting a miniature donkey for years, this past week, I now have two, Mary and Feller. A friend has one she's trying to find a home for so I may end up with three but if that happens, will probably find Feller a new home. And I may be getting a fourth dog. Before I got my first Aussie (who is almost 6 now), I really wanted a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel. I came across one that may get to live with me. Don't need it but I've decided that I need to do things for me and I want it.

And I'm getting very spoiled. My mother and 86 year old grandmother come out at least weekly, when I'm not going to be home, and clean my house, do my laundry, dishes, etc. It's like having the good parts of a wife but not having to put up with one. <G> (Ducking now!) My mom hasn't been out since the donkeys came, and I didn't tell her so it will be interesting to hear her reaction. She likes animals (has 3 dogs, a rabbit and a couple of birds) but doesn't understand why I want so many. She already complains about how much dog hair my house has so I can just imagine her reaction if I get another dog. (She does know, though, I really want a Cavalier. My brother's fiance got one and I was jealous so she asked them if there were others available.)

Off to milk. Hope everyone is having a good summer. I'll check in now and then.

Tom

Cavalier King Charles Spaniels are adorable! Hope it works out. And the goats milk fudge sounds deadly good! Sounds like life and weight are evening out. Congrats.

I live with 3 Golden Retrievers and a Poodle, plus 3 indoor cats, and around a dozen other big dogs that we keep in our house while people are on vacation. www.goldenretrievercamp.com I found that getting a natural stiff bristle small headed broom on a long handle is essential. One quick sweep of the carpet in the house brings up mounds of dog hair so I don't later burn my vacuum out.

My 7 Nigerian Dwarfs are retired, so no milk. They just keep our fence lines clean and don't ask much of us. They're good cuddlers.

As I get closer to my goal I find I have to relearn my same lessons again. I fall into old habits that sneak up on me an dI have to re-corect myself. That's OK. It's working. And I find that I go for ice cream with a passion on days that I know I haven't gotten enough good food in me to sustain me. There seems to be a connection for me.

Glad you have the familial housekeeping team! Where do I get one of those?

I have found a Soy Protein Drink that you may or may not have heard of. It is Revival. I read about it in a magazine and since it is very difficult for me to eat until the evenings. I purchased a small package and received my first shipment last Tuesday and I love it! I have tried almost all the flavors and a few of the bars. They are individual packets...which I love too. I am going to purchase more and the book. It is my hope that it helps with Belly Fat like it says it does. Here is the website Soy information and soy products at RevivalSoy.com

I really feel more energy and I've lost 2 pounds this week.