Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

i am reading how ppl throw up how ppl have no appetite. i have not thrown up yet and i am 5 weeks out. i eat every 2-3 hrs and trust me by hour 2 its like i never ate. im thinking also im not eating enough after dinner i can go 3 hrs before im hungry but all other meals im hungry. plus i stop eating after that first uncomfortable feeling so maybe im not feeling up my stomach. is anyone else like me>

Isn't it a good thing that you are not throwing up? I am envious that you skipped this part of post-op as it napped to me almost every day between week 6 and week 9. It had a little to do with eating too fast or eating one bite too many. Sometimes it happened because my sleeve was not ready for certain foods. You might try eating foods that are more dense like chicken or beef. These tend to fill me up quickly and I cannot eat more than 2-3 oz without a visit to the bathroom. I like eating every 3 hours because it keeps my appetite in check and gives me fairly level energy response through the day. Good luck - I hope you are able to figure out some solids that will give you similar benefits.

fiddleman chicken feels like a brick going down. i love chicken maybe i eat it to fast. now ive had diarreah my first week because of the protien shakes. tonight i ate a chicken thigh and it went down good so i will give it a try again. i made salsbury steak from ground turkey, low fat gravy and rice it was yummy but i wasnt full so i ate the chicken. im eating what the sizes im suppse to eat. 2 oz protien 1/4 cup carb and 1/4 cup veggies

I haven't thrown up at all and I'm 3 months out and I'm happy about that. I'm able to eat pretty much whatever I want although some things don't agree with my stomach. Sweets don't agree with me as much so I don't eat them that often. I find that I have to eat about every 3 hrs and only about 3 oz's. I also deal with head hunger which I just figured out so I'm trying to make sure I'm not eating too much.

no head hunger here its all stomach grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. its like it just empties out quickly

7 months out and i have never thrown up. The 1st few months it took me awhile to learn how much it took to fill me up with out making me miserable.

Ugh. I threw up pretty much everything for the first five months. My issue now is I think not eat enough. I am eating much better than before about every four hours and stop at first pain otherwise it all comes up. I envy those who can eat heaps. I'm two or three spoons full and that's it.

Ugh. I threw up pretty much everything for the first five months. My issue now is I think not eat enough. I am eating much better than before about every four hours and stop at first pain otherwise it all comes up. I envy those who can eat heaps. I'm two or three spoons full and that's it.

Hi Im the same throwing up a bit.I cannot eat chicken,meat fish I really live on cruskits with Peanut Butter.I try a few different things but make me feel uncomfortable.

I never throw up!!

I am a week out and never threw up not even the gross chalky stuff. I felt like it once but didn't.

Is there supposed to be a progression when adding solids (like when introduced to babies), one food added so you can tell what caused a negative reaction, if any? Or does everyone just try a bit if everything all at once-not really knowing which food the stomach wants to reject? Ive always had sensitive digestion so for me, I'm going to have add items slowly, not what I want to do, but looks like I'll have to if I don't want to feel sick or vomit! 

The only thing that made me throw up was the barium swallow. Not fun.

I know I'm gonna sound like a broken record but you're hunger could have something to do with what you're eating. You say you eat 1/4 cup of vegetables AND a 1/4 cup of carbs. What do you mean by "carbs", because the veggies are complex carbs. If by carbs, you mean things like rice and low fat gravy (which is full of sugar) then those foods could easily increase your hunger because they are extremely high glycemic foods. They cause the release of alot of insulin in the blood which drives hunger (as well as fat storage).

At 5 weeks out, I would think you would be more focused on eating Protein. How many grams of Protein are you getting in a day? And how many calories?

And at 5 weeks, you could very easily be having head hunger. And believe me, it feels just like regular hunger. That's the point. It fools you. Just because your stomach is growling does not mean it's not head hunger.

I would suggest you might feel better if you ate more Protein (say 3-4 oz each meal), with non-starchy veggies, and remove any other starches/carbs. Protein is metabolized more slowly than carbs, so you will feel "full" longer. My nutritionist recommends not adding simple carbs/starches to my meals until I'm able to eat 4 oz of protein first. I'm still only able to eat about 2 oz of protein at a time, so I don't worry about the starches. I'm 4 months post-op and haven't experienced any hunger. I can't help but think its in part due to my focus on protein.

Best of luck!

Laura

IM 6months out and have not thrown up,thank God..but thus is my 2nd stint at wls ..with the band I threw up steady 3 times a day.but I find out if I don't eat enough Protein IM hungry 3 hours later...if I am I'll eat string cheese or a hard boiled egg in extreme hunger...but some times I realize it's 6pm and haven't eaten a thing..but I never forget my water...odd