Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

justine let me know what happens.

You can offer your sympathy :)

Um I will confess - I hate journaling but I really have tried many times. If I would guess I would say 800 tops. I do meet with doc this week and the NUT has been calling to do a follow up so I suppose I should return that call. It's not that I don't want to. My life - after four weeks off- has been soooo busy. But I have a couple dr apts to return to so I will get on that tomorrow. Hold me accountable :). Thank you :)

Justine' date=' you are funny. Are you on solid foods? In the beginning I was hungry but I got less and less hungry the more I ate solid foods. Plus you learn to get the right amount of Protein and complex carbs FOR YOU, and it gets easier. Plus, I'll ask you the same questions I asked the OP, what's your daily Protein and calorie totals? Not everybody can live comfortably on 600 calories a day. I was put on 1250 calories a day way back at 6 weeks post op. I'm not saying you need that much, but you may need a few more than what you're getting.

Nothing I can say about the zit....[/quote']

Oh and protein- I always go for that first so I think I'm getting enough in and when I'm not- ill add a premier Protein shake. I do think I'm doing good with that. I eat a lot of chicken (becuse I love it) and we eat beef two (ate leftover meatloaf all week)

justine let me know what happens.

I will :)

butterbean last i checked you didnt have a phd so dont tell me what i should be doing. and being your age you would be focused on what you think and write to ppl. nobody on here is perfect if they were they wouldnt be here including you.

i went through kaiser and on thier menu its 2 oz protien 1/4 cup carb and 1/4 cup veggie. the carb is rice potato sweet potato etc the veggies are whatever i want. ive known me for 47 years and been on so many diets i know the diffearnce between head and regular hunger.

thank you everyone else for your positve feed back.

Well GRANDMOTHER you have come on here looking for help and butterbean has offered you some sound advise. As you well know there are many different eating plans that patients have been using. By your post your eating plan is NOT working for you because you are "always hungry". Take his advise or leave it but don't criticize his opinion as I beleive it was given with kindness.

no head hunger here its all stomach grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. its like it just empties out quickly

Just because your stomach has emptied does NOT mean that you have to be hungry. You don't need to have food in your stomach all the time. I know as a "FAT" woman for me that probably was the case, but not now. You have to learn the difference between real Hunger and just an empty tummy.

Amazon you are not me and im not you. and again i dont mind the suggestions its the last paragraph that pissed me off. anyway i dont care what anyone say i know how i took and thats it.

i have been on this site for awhile and i always have positve interactions and i want to keep it that way leave it alone its done. plus you only read my reply not what his last paragraph was.

I think it's easy to be sensitive and feel criticized because, all of us are struggling and watched ourselves fail diet after diet. I keep waiting for the I told you so when this doesn't work like everything else... Ngma I really don't thing butterthebean was scolding you but, I can see if your frustrated the last thing you want to hear us what are you doing wrong??? The road to hell us paved with good intentions lol. I talk to you both on a regular basis and believe you both to be supportive out going people. Sorry your struggling that was me last week. Btb offered me some great advice. I think he meant it as help not judgement. Praying for your sleeve to be successful girl. We are all in this together!!!

laura and lesso you were so right. today at lunch which was an hour ago, im at work. i had menudo, side salad and 1/2 of an enchilada couldnt resist. well the Soup was so salty i picked the chunks of pork out and ate about 2 oz of it and two bites of the nasty salty enchilada. didnt get to the salad. i started losing my appeitie and was so full. i cant believe im still full and its over an hour. the pork is really sitting there. so i guess i need more dense meats

butterbean last i checked you didnt have a phd so dont tell me what i should be doing. and being your age you would be focused on what you think and write to ppl. nobody on here is perfect if they were they wouldnt be here including you.

i went through kaiser and on thier menu its 2 oz protien 1/4 cup carb and 1/4 cup veggie. the carb is rice potato sweet potato etc the veggies are whatever i want. ive known me for 47 years and been on so many diets i know the diffearnce between head and regular hunger.

Wow. That's harsh and kinda unexpected from you, newgrandmother. ButterTheBean has only ever been kind and helpful to everyone on here. I've read and reread his post to you and am lost as to where you see any disrespectfulness on his part. And you ARE asking for help/people's opinions. And BTB has never said he's perfect, in fact it's the opposite, he openly talks about what got him here, just like all of us.

I rarely stick my neck out here bcs of all the nasty backlash, but I just couldn't let this one go by and not defend someone who's only been gracious to all of us here.

At 5 weeks out,
I would think you would be more focused
on eating Protein. How many grams of Protein are you getting in a day? And how many calories?

you dont give someone advice and than insult them in the same paragraph. dont tell me what i should know already. ppl seam to read my response but not what he wrote in that last paragraph. i dont mind advice but dont judge me in the same breath. now anyone else got a problem with my response with him i dont give a care pls stop telling me what you think and move on like im trying to do. everytime i get on here someone tells me how i was wrong. whatever just drop it.

I see it as one of those miscommunications when people read things that are written and interpret them their own way. There's a word for that...is it syntax? I can't remember. English majors, anyone?

And yes, I did read the entire thread and his last paragraph. Again. I read it as BTB saying that ' at five weeks out you have the Protein thing figured out, don't you? Because if not, let's go back to the beginning and help you figure that out.'

Nothing is more important to being successful with this surgery than getting your Protein in first. It's so important to living healthy with the sleeve, and BTB is very passionate about that. Maybe you could have asked him to clarify what he meant rather than go on the defense.

But, i'm not going to argue semantics. I will drop it, as you requested. I really do wish you success.

newgrandmother....

I am also a Kaiser patient so I probably got the same dietary suggestions you did during the Options program.

What I have found out is that the diet is somewhat carb heavy and not that low in calories either and by trying it over the months I quickly learned that to keep losing weight, I had to decrease carbs and focus on Proteins and then low carb veggies, if carbs were added it should be whole grain. Verbally our nutritionist said one thing and the handouts were different, we were basically told no rice, no Pasta, no white potatoes, no bread, (except toasted whole wheat) no regular tortillas, no chips, no sweets, etc. (This is all mostly during the losing phase, maintenance is different, of course)

As you move forward you should be able to see what works for you, so keep your journals, they really help to let you examine what worked and what didn't. I do find that if I eat my Protein (about 4-6 oz) first, I can hardly eat much else, so I do have a few sprigs of a veggie like broccoli or brussle spouts or cauliflower or squash. Also, when I eat a good Protein for a meal, it holds me longer, I don't get hungry as fast.

Good luck on your journey....I am six months out and feeling great!

katie i spoke to katie my nut. and she told me 800 cals are fine and that i might go over or under its ok. and 120carbs are ok. i rather listen to her than the baratric dr. ive dropped 3lbs for the week so i must be on track. thanks oh and who was your surgeon mines was zelada? are you going to the support groups?

That sounds about right. Later on you can cut down on your carbs if your weight loss slows. I did it around 4 months out.

Dr. Zelada was my surgeon. He does good work, and he is very nice isn't he?

I don't do follow up meetings, I network here and have a few weight loss friends I bounce things off of. I go for my 6 month post op next Friday 11/3..