Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any Leaks From Surgeries In Mexico?

http://www.mexicobariatricsurgeons.com/

If you go to this website, it gives info on all the well known Mexico surgeons. Dr. Alvarez is rated 9 out of 10 stars. He must truly be a bad surgeon, right? No! Do your Research before you post negative stuff on the forums.

thanks for your most interesting comments.....however, in my personal experience in doing due diligence and research....I have discovered some rather difficult discrepancies ( speaking to actual people instead of reading posts)....and, tragically, there have been major problems.....as an american consumer as well as an attorney....I have the right to review and ask questions.....and find the best surgeon to do the gastric sleeve procedure.....personality is one thing and surgical skill and competence is another kettle of fish... in the interim....I will be buying his book....wishing you all the very best for success and the best of health........

It's weird your focus on Dr. Alvarez yet you say you already know about him. So why are you here inquiring about one Dr and one Dr. Only...the one you say has a bad reputation. What are you trying to gain here?

I think that lots of people would be interested in where you found the people that you actually talked to. Everyone that I spoke to had wonderful things to say about him and I had basically the same experience that they had as his patient. I have never found anyone that has had a complication that has posted on any forum that I read about Dr. A. I certainly have never heard of the major complications that you are referring to. I guess you only get that info because you are a attorney ..........

I ask the same question? Why are you only inquiring about Dr.A if you say that he is such a horrible surgeon? I would run to any Dr. But him if I had your inside info. As you can tell, I am not buying your posts. I know this man, I trusted him with my life.

thanks for your most interesting comments.....however' date=' in my personal experience in doing due diligence and research....I have discovered some rather difficult discrepancies ( speaking to actual people instead of reading posts)....and, tragically, there have been major problems.....as an american consumer as well as an attorney....I have the right to review and ask questions.....and find the best surgeon to do the gastric sleeve procedure.....personality is one thing and surgical skill and competence is another kettle of fish... in the interim....I will be buying his book....wishing you all the very best for success and the best of health........[/quote']

you are an attorney and yet you are having issues affording this? and why the focus on this one doctor? and why the.....??????

yes....graduated from lawschool and will study for the Bar Exam..... at this juncture...unable to afford a USA doc...

yes....graduated from lawschool and will study for the Bar Exam..... at this juncture...unable to afford a USA doc...

Maybe you shouldn't claim to be an attorney if you haven't passed the bar yet. It makes people question how genuine you are. And it really doesn't lend any credibility to other unsubstantiated claims you've made.

so ya just want to focus on this one? are you by chance working for another doc? i mean it seems a bit odd, that you are so focused you would call complete strangers and get their stories as part of your research....how did you even know who to call given you haven't been reading accounts on the net? you cant have called any lawyers clients, that could get you disbarred before you were even in the test room.....

Maybe you shouldn't claim to be an attorney if you haven't passed the bar yet. It makes people question how genuine you are. And it really doesn't lend any credibility to other unsubstantiated claims you've made.

there is that too...but being a brain surgeon and miss america (I'll be attending college in the future likely and just need to get my bumm into swimsuit shape before I'm sure to be crowned...) i wasn't going to point that out..... ;p

thanks for your most interesting comments.....however' date=' in my personal experience in doing due diligence and research....I have discovered some rather difficult discrepancies ( speaking to actual people instead of reading posts)....and, tragically, there have been major problems.....as an american consumer as well as an attorney....I have the right to review and ask questions.....and find the best surgeon to do the gastric sleeve procedure.....personality is one thing and surgical skill and competence is another kettle of fish... in the interim....I will be buying his book....wishing you all the very best for success and the best of health........[/quote']

Don't get me started.... U r a fake! Dr. Alvarez did my surgery as well and he really is out there to help others with their weight struggles. Don't come on here saying this and that, especially if u don't know him. He is more than considerate, it's not about the money to me either, I trusted him. Stop posing on here u fake! U think u going to law school means something? Pass ur bar exam before u take recognition for something ur not! People like you need to get a life. Dr. Alvarez is recognized worldwide and never read a bad comment/review on him. Do your research Ms. I think I know it all.

I know for a fact' date='...now after speaking to others who have used his 'medical expertise'' that he has had 'serious' problems and can be truly freightening ....?[/quote']

A lawyer that doesn't use quotations correctly, and can't spell frightening.... Now that's frightening! Lol

A lawyer that doesn't use quotations correctly' date=' and can't spell frightening.... Now that's frightening! Lol[/quote']

Lol!

Guys, I am a real internet psychologist (no I'm really not), but this is what I figure:

People are more likely to join a message board to talk about a horrible experience than a good one. Or a neutral one.

Verticalsleevetalk is a pretty big forum, along with ObesityHelp they'd show up at the top of any Google search for someone looking for a chance to tell their story.

If Dr Alvarez had a lot of complications in a lot of patients, a % of those would surely have come here to mention it. Instead you only see good (or maybe neutral) posts. Since we know people are less likely to talk about the good than the bad, this alone would tell me that the Dr knows what he's doing.

But let's say that I don't do message boards at all, I don't use the internet much, and so I don't feel I need to come here to give a negative opinion. I wonder where that person would have found the Dr to begin with, I mean I doubt American surgeons would be telling their patients "If you can't afford me, I know this guy in Mexico...".

Anyways, totally not saying that a person can't have had a bad experience with him. It's surgery after all, it's not a vacation, we don't know what their bad experience was either. For one person, a bad experience could simply be "He cut my stomach and it HURT! I was in pain for DAYS!". I don't know what their experience was, so I can't judge if it's something that would personally bother me.

If after talking to these people who won't come online and post their experiences, if you feel they have legit reasons, then just cross this doctor off your list. I mean you don't want to be going into surgery thinking you've made a bad choice. It's not like there are not many other qualified surgeons to choose from.

A lawyer that doesn't use quotations correctly' date=' and can't spell frightening.... Now that's frightening! Lol[/quote']

Lmao!!! Jess.

Guys' date=' I am a real internet psychologist (no I'm really not), but this is what I figure:

People are more likely to join a message board to talk about a horrible experience than a good one. Or a neutral one.

Verticalsleevetalk is a pretty big forum, along with ObesityHelp they'd show up at the top of any Google search for someone looking for a chance to tell their story.

If Dr Alvarez had a lot of complications in a lot of patients, a % of those would surely have come here to mention it. Instead you only see good (or maybe neutral) posts. Since we know people are less likely to talk about the good than the bad, this alone would tell me that the Dr knows what he's doing.

But let's say that I don't do message boards at all, I don't use the internet much, and so I don't feel I need to come here to give a negative opinion. I wonder where that person would have found the Dr to begin with, I mean I doubt American surgeons would be telling their patients "If you can't afford me, I know this guy in Mexico...".

Anyways, totally not saying that a person can't have had a bad experience with him. It's surgery after all, it's not a vacation, we don't know what their bad experience was either. For one person, a bad experience could simply be "He cut my stomach and it HURT! I was in pain for DAYS!". I don't know what their experience was, so I can't judge if it's something that would personally bother me.

If after talking to these people who won't come online and post their experiences, if you feel they have legit reasons, then just cross this doctor off your list. I mean you don't want to be going into surgery thinking you've made a bad choice. It's not like there are not many other qualified surgeons to choose from.[/quote']

Exactly. My final decision turned out to be my 1st choice when I started my research. But not b4 I added a long list of surgeons and the eliminated them for one reason or another. Not maligning any docs out there. I am pleased with my choice and think I made a good decision. The other surgeons were fine but I had to go with my research and my gut (pun alert). That's all we can do.

Amanda Rae