Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I Have The Shakes And Im Light Headed.. Any Ideas Before I Start Worrying?

So, I was having some severe sinus pressure, along with the hay fever itchy watery eyes, etc. I took some Lodrane that my doctor had prescribed from before surgery at about 5:00pm yesterday evening. At about 5:30pm last evening I was high as a March Kite, I assume the lodrane was a tak strong. Right now, I'm fuzzy/light headed, look pasty (so my co-worker told me) and I have the shakes. I ate this am, and last pm and have been trying to get some fluids in, but does anyone remotly have an idea? You know before I start freaking out..

I dont have diabetes or anything lilke that, or anything else for that matter...

Thanks

Only you can tell if it is severe enough to contact your PCP, but what you list is part of the side affects:

http://www.drugs.com/sfx/lodrane-d-side-effects.html

I read the side effects. My problem is....i have them a day later?

You said trying to get in fluids are you unable? also are you unable to eat something ? you stated, you aren't diabetic but maybe you have low blood sugars since you haven't eaten since the morning. It looks like it's almost been 24hrs since you took that pill, I would try to push some liquids and eat something and see how you feel. Just a suggestion, keep us posted :rolleyes:

Deb

Even though you are not a diabetic, your blood sugar can still drop & make you feel that way.I get the shakes & break out in a cold sweat when my sugar drops to fast.

Tinka, first off, you know I love you and want only the best for you. :P

So, you are asking an internet forum whether you should still be feeling the affects of lodrane the next day?

If you are really concerned, you should be contacting your PCP office. Don't accept serious medical advice from internet forums.

I was asking because I called the doctor and she told me that I was having a allergic reaction. My response to her was are you serious? Because I told her I took the pill like twelve hours ago and ... All of a sudden I having a reaction to it. I was asking the forum because before I called my doctor back and made myself look like an ass for cussing her out, I wanted to make sure this was not something to do with ex: low blood sugar, the fact that Ive lost so much weight and things react different, or Fluid intake... I wanted to check to see if anyone else may have had this issue, BEFORE I called the doctor back.

P.s. I love you toooo Pdx

I just wanted all my ducks in a row before i had to throw a b***h fit, just seems stupid that the doctor is telling me I am having an allergic reaction..12 freakin hours later.. Really?!

Turns out, the nurse where I work told me I was dehydrated.

HA!

lmao

How are you feeling today?

I just came to this thread to post the same question.

I'm hoping it isn't something more serious and is just dehydration. But, as I have posted so many times, you can end up in the emergency room due to lack of liquids, so make sure you meet those requirements before all else.

However long post-op ... doesn't matter. DRINK!

I'm feeling tons better, My blood sugar apparently was really really low, my friend who is diabetic took it, and said I needed to eat some sugar. So I took a few sips of a flat coke and ...wallahh I felt tons better .

Thanks everyone!!

I'm feeling tons better' date=' My blood sugar apparently was really really low, my friend who is diabetic took it, and said I needed to eat some sugar. So I took a few sips of a flat coke and ...wallahh I felt tons better .

Thanks everyone!![/quote']

I'm pretty sure the half life of that med is 25 hours. So yes, it is absolutely possible that it took 12 hours for your body to exhibit signs of an allergic reaction.