Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Fam!!!

I know it's been a while since my last update, but things are a little crazy.. However, I just wanted to share a few things... So...

I flew to DC over the weekend and I think my anxiety about flying is almost over.. So, I get on the plane... I didn't get any "no, I hope the fat lady doesn't sit here looks" and neither did I have to say excuse one time as I walked down the aisle w/ my very cute Anne Klein carry on (LOL, hey.. it was my gift to myself!!)... So, I sit in the seat and get ready to ask for an extender and then I remember, I can buckle this thing now!!! So, it was a little snug over my sweater, but hey.. I could breath!!! I dropped something on the floor and bent to pick it up w/o thinking about it.. (That's huge for me, using I mull it over for a few minutes!)

At the hotel, I could actually soak in the tub w/o touching the side!!! Also, there was no fear about fitting into the chairs in the conference room or walking a few blocks from the hotel to meet w/ colleagues!!.. i may not have lost a million pounds, but I've gained so much more in terms of who I am and what I am capable of doing physically, emotionally and in every other kind of way!!

I can now go into a department store (my favorite this week is Carson Pirie Scott) and grab things off of the rack.. in a few sizes smaller than the largest size they offer.. This is HUGE for me!! Before being sleeved, I couldn't wear the largest women's plus size in ANYTHING!!! Now, I have fixation w/ the Kleins (Anne and Calvin)... LOL.. I have to get a new winter coat or 3.. and boots..

So, I am 2 pounds away from kissing the 300s goodbye FOREVER!!!...Here are a few stats..

Starting wt. 382

Current 301 (and falling)

Starting size 28/30 (3x/4x)/48DD

Current size 20 (1X/ some XL)/42D

Starting Waist 56

Current 43.5

Tina-isms:

• The sleeve can give you a great start to changing your life overall, but you still have to do the work!! Yes, I have bad days and eat BAD stuff... my body let's me know that it doesn't want it.. I can keep eating or I can allow my sleeve to do what it was meant to do.
  • Don't beat yourself up, just tell yourself the TRUTH!!! I know when I'm not doing enough of the right things and I can't be mad at my surgeon, the scale or DOVE chocolate for making those delicious dark chocolate/raspberry bits of goodness!!! But, I don't have to beat myself up.. I just make a better decision at my next meal!
  • Life, even the sleeved life is meant to be lived to the fullest and enjoyed to the fullest!!!

YOU are truly an inspiration for me!! I LOVE that you are enjoying the journey and remaking your physical body to match your joyful spirit!!! :)

Hey Fam!!!

I know it's been a while since my last update' date=' but things are a little crazy.. However, I just wanted to share a few things... So...

I flew to DC over the weekend and I think my anxiety about flying is almost over.. So, I get on the plane... I didn't get any "no, I hope the fat lady doesn't sit here looks" and neither did I have to say excuse one time as I walked down the aisle w/ my very cute Anne Klein carry on (LOL, hey.. it was my gift to myself!!)... So, I sit in the seat and get ready to ask for an extender and then I remember, I can buckle this thing now!!! So, it was a little snug over my sweater, but hey.. I could breath!!! I dropped something on the floor and bent to pick it up w/o thinking about it.. (That's huge for me, using I mull it over for a few minutes!)

At the hotel, I could actually soak in the tub w/o touching the side!!! Also, there was no fear about fitting into the chairs in the conference room or walking a few blocks from the hotel to meet w/ colleagues!!.. i may not have lost a million pounds, but I've gained so much more in terms of who I am and what I am capable of doing physically, emotionally and in every other kind of way!!

I can now go into a department store (my favorite this week is Carson Pirie Scott) and grab things off of the rack.. in a few sizes smaller than the largest size they offer.. This is HUGE for me!! Before being sleeved, I couldn't wear the largest women's plus size in ANYTHING!!! Now, I have fixation w/ the Kleins (Anne and Calvin)... LOL.. I have to get a new winter coat or 3.. and boots..

So, I am 2 pounds away from kissing the 300s goodbye FOREVER!!!...Here are a few stats..

Starting wt. 382

Starting Waist 56

Current 43.5

Tina-isms:

[*']The sleeve can give you a great start to changing your life overall, but you still have to do the work!! Yes, I have bad days and eat BAD stuff... my body let's me know that it doesn't want it.. I can keep eating or I can allow my sleeve to do what it was meant to do.

[*]Don't beat yourself up, just tell yourself the TRUTH!!! I know when I'm not doing enough of the right things and I can't be mad at my surgeon, the scale or DOVE chocolate for making those delicious dark chocolate/raspberry bits of goodness!!! But, I don't have to beat myself up.. I just make a better decision at my next meal!

[*]Life, even the sleeved life is meant to be lived to the fullest and enjoyed to the fullest!!!

Hello!

Thanks for writing this post!!! I am pre op; papers will be submitted to insurance soon!! :)

I feel connected to your post. Your candidly expressed the many thoughts i have in my current body!!! I can't wait to experience the joys of your post!!!

Thanks for sharing!!

Best,

Sannah

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Thank you for sharing your journey so far :) it truly motivates me as excited I am having doubts pre op appointment Monday the 15th!!! but your post gave me such motivation and reassurance I'm making the right decision and God guided me this far for a reason :) congratulations to you! !!

Sent from my SCH-R720 using VST

Wonderful!

Congrats Tina! You are doing a great job. That is agreat weight loss so far. BTW, they sell sugar free dark chocolate bars at Trader Joe's! LOL!

Great job favordone!! I too flew recently. I bent over to stow my personal bag under the seat in front of me. When I sat back up, I realized I didn't have to struggle to get the bag under. I always thought I had problems because of the tight seating. But I realized it was my weight. Yay me and my sleeve!

You must be tall, I'm currently 292lbs and still in 24 or 3x, regardless congrats...

I love a woman who is obsessed with my fav couple...Anne and Calvin. You know...if those two had a love child of fashion design...I'd be bankrupt LOL

What a nice story to read first thing in the morning. You're rocking your sleeve and some fashion! Way to go!

Hey sister girl! Can I just say I LOVE YOUR NEW AVATAR PIC! YOU LOOK FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!! I am sooooo stinkin happy for you girl!!!!!!!!! HUGS!

You guys are so awesome!!! I missing being able to post here very often!! But, as soon as I hit 299, you best believe I will let you know!!!! Congrats to all of you too!!!!

Congrats on the new you!

Hey Fam!!!

I know it's been a while since my last update' date=' but things are a little crazy.. However, I just wanted to share a few things... So...

Starting wt. 382

Starting Waist 56

Current 43.5

Tina-isms:

[*']The sleeve can give you a great start to changing your life overall, but you still have to do the work!! Yes, I have bad days and eat BAD stuff... my body let's me know that it doesn't want it.. I can keep eating or I can allow my sleeve to do what it was meant to do.

[*]Don't beat yourself up, just tell yourself the TRUTH!!! I know when I'm not doing enough of the right things and I can't be mad at my surgeon, the scale or DOVE chocolate for making those delicious dark chocolate/raspberry bits of goodness!!! But, I don't have to beat myself up.. I just make a better decision at my next meal!

[*]Life, even the sleeved life is meant to be lived to the fullest and enjoyed to the fullest!!!

Totally awesome. I'm getting sleeved nov 6. You are a real inspiration!

You guys are so awesome!!! I missing being able to post here very often!! But' date=' as soon as I hit 299, you best believe I will let you know!!!! Congrats to all of you too!!!![/quote']

You can get the app on your phone I use it wayyyyyy more than the comp

Sent from my SCH-R720 using VST

THanks!! You're hair is cute in your pic!! I work for a natural hair care company (my best friend's).. let me know if you're interested in trying some new products.. very reasonable and all natural!!