Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Worried It Wont Work

I guess after all the years working so hard to lose weight , I'm worried that this to won't work . I am 39 and I have scheduled surgery with Dr .Kim on Nov 20 ... I'm having all kinds of emotions right now , happy , scared , eating poorly , and thrilled .

Be Encouraged!!! It WILL work and you will work IT!!! You have the willingness to go through with it and now you will be obedient to doing whatever it is you need to in order to help the weight drop!!! You, WE can and will do this ..... And well!! :)

I have surgery next Monday and I'm a hot mess rugby now! My biggest fear, aside from death or major complications of course, is that I'll be the one who fails. I wont lose weight, I won't win the battle with my food demons and I'll just be a fatty for the rest of my life.

Then I'll have to live with the shame bc I told people about the surgery only to die young(ish) and leave my small children motherless.

What if I don't lose weight?!?!

You will BOTH lose weight. YOu'll lose so much weight you'll be astounded by yourself. If you manage to work through the head issues and exercise too, you'll be even MORE astounded at yourself. I look in the mirror every day and thank God that I had the opportunity to have my sleeve. :)

Do you want it to work? It's totally up to you! It will take work, and it will work if you work it. That means following directions from your surgeons, working on issues pertaining to head hunger, and your be alive! Yep alive! Oh and btw, healthier too! You will get skinny and strut yourself! Can you see yourself? I can! You can do this if you chose.......This is the best thing that I have ever done for myself. :)

I guess after all the years working so hard to lose weight ' date=' I'm worried that this to won't work . I am 39 and I have scheduled surgery with Dr .Kim on Nov 20 ... I'm having all kinds of emotions right now , happy , scared , eating poorly , and thrilled .[/quote']

Girlfriend. THIS WILL WORK! I am 40. Scheduled with Dr Kim on 10/23. I started eating VERY poorly the day I found out that I was approved by insurance (something I am paying for now). I suggest you take this time to gradually remove the "bad" food/drinks from your diet to ensure that you have a successful pre op diet and post op success. Reading posts from this site will really help you get your head right (as your emotions will only get stronger as your surgery date gets closer). Good luck to you and we are all rooting for ya :)

This is a life choice the key word is CHOICE do not do this until you are mentally ready to change the way you eat. If you have thiscand eat bad still weight loss may be the worst of your problems because with the surgery you will not eat much so what you do eat has to be healthy full of nutrients and Protein. You can do this.

I shared your fear and am sure everyone has had the same thought at some point. What you don't know until you have the procedure is how liberating it is! There is a period of time (varies with the individual) where you have no hunger & don't care if you ever eat again. In the meantime, your weight is doing a free fall & you get so happy to do things you haven't been able to do in a long time that eating is a distant memory! Eventually you hit a stall and that is when you make your choice: power through it & use your new tool or choose purposely to regain. It is never easy but it sure is 10 times easier with this tool! You will do great!

Thank you so very much for you encouragment !! I am looking foreward to starting this new life !