Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr David Kim Colleyville

I started with Dr. Kim but couldn't get past being forced to buy certain shakes for pre-op. I heard about Dr. Cribbins (Plano Presby is where I had surgery) and his pre-op being fat free vegetarian. My experience with Dr. Cribbins and his staff has been AMAZING. He I had surgery Friday and he came to see me sat and sunday. He is very easy to talk to and I will say it again: NO PAIN WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!

Many surgeons have their patients buy specific Protein powders for the liquid diet. They do so because they know the formula and the results their patients achieve with that product. Standardizing om a product seems to make sense to me.

Dr. Kim didn't charge more for the Protein powder than what I would have paid to purchase it on-line.

I was sleeved at Baylor-Trophy Club on 9/14. Had a small hernia repair, was dressed and ready to go home after my leak test the next morning. Only took one dose of the liquid pain meds once I got home. He is an extremely competent surgeon and his PA and staff are excellent. They have answered every question and have been supportive in my journey. Went back to work after 9 days and currently on the puréed stage. Have lost 27 overall and 19 in the 3 weeks.

Now I'm getting sad seeing all the Dr. Kim patients that only had to do one week. Oh well I guess, I refuse to cheat! Gotta get the mind right!

Mine is with Dr.Kim on Oct. 25th at Baylor Trophy Club!

Start my liquid diet on Oct 18. I am one of the lucky ones who only has to do 1 week liquid diet. I am NOT complaining about that ;)

Not fair!!! :) go get'um funkee

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

Not fair!!! :) go get'um funkee

Sent from my mobile productivity killer.

Hey good to hear from ya!!! How are you doing!?!

Just picked up my tub o'chocolate Protein this afternoon after going to Bariatric U class.

Starting to get a bit anxious now! ;) liquid diet is next Thursday and surgery on Oct 25.

Funkee - you're going to do JUST FINE! Yep, the first 2-3 days of liquids is tough,but after that it's not so bad. I actually had a tough time getting in 4 shakes/day most days. Load up on some Torani sugar-free syrups and add them to the shakes - it helps a lot!!!

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

P.S. Are you a member of the Dr Kim Weight Loss Surgery Support Group on Facebook? if not, I'd encourage you to join. Search Dr Kim Weight Loss Surgery Support Group and ask to join. It's a private group so 1) they have to give you permission to join and 2) the posts ONLY appear on the groups page, not on your regular FB page so it keeps it private.

Funkee - you're going to do JUST FINE! Yep' date=' the first 2-3 days of liquids is tough,but after that it's not so bad. I actually had a tough time getting in 4 shakes/day most days. Load up on some Torani sugar-free syrups and add them to the shakes - it helps a lot!!!

Good luck and let me know how it goes!

P.S. Are you a member of the Dr Kim Weight Loss Surgery Support Group on Facebook? if not, I'd encourage you to join. Search Dr Kim Weight Loss Surgery Support Group and ask to join. It's a private group so 1) they have to give you permission to join and 2) the posts ONLY appear on the groups page, not on your regular FB page so it keeps it private.[/quote']

Good to know, thanks for the info! I heard about the FB group but didn't join as I haven't outed myself on FB ;). I may join now...

Good to know, thanks for the info! I heard about the FB group but didn't join as I haven't outed myself on FB ;). I may join now...

I haven't shared on FB either. The great thing about this group on FB is that it's private - nothing posts beyond the group's page.

I'm with you Donny! I would really appreciate a 1 week pre-op, too! I sleeve with Dr Kim on 10/23 at Baylor Trophy Club. I did NOT have to buy his shakes so was sorry to read that someone felt they had to. Started my pre op diet two days ago. I'm not as miserable as I thought I would be. My cravings are the only thing bugging me right now...my hunger isn't an issue (thank goodness).

Best wishes everyone

-Kym

Awesome! I on the 22nd so when your being wheeled back I will be the guy moon walking through the halls with an ear to ear smile! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

Awesome! I on the 22nd so when your being wheeled back I will be the guy moon walking through the halls with an ear to ear smile! Or at least that's what I'm telling myself!

Whew! Had to read that twice. Something about a guy "mooning" and walking through the halls threw me off at first. Hahahaha. Best wishes to ya. Ill high five ya if we pass eachother :)

Whew! Had to read that twice. Something about a guy "mooning" and walking through the halls threw me off at first. Hahahaha. Best wishes to ya. Ill high five ya if we pass eachother :)

Well, considering how little those hospital gowns cover, mooning isn't out of the question!

Just to make it clear, when I went in February, I was told I HAD (not felt like I had to), but no other option (I asked) to buy either bari-essentials or i think opti-fast from his office for somewhere between $200-$250 (2 week supply). I was not given an option and that is why I changed surgeons. Maybe it has changed since then, but trust me, I did not misunderstand... I pray you all have as smooth of a surgery as I did and that you experience ZERO pain also. I believe Dr. Kim is a great surgeon. Best wishes to you all!

People spoke up in my last meeting that it was crazy they had to buy special shakes and the nutritionist got antsy and she gave us the option. My thought is, I am already dropping a ton on this process and his special powder is proven to have good results in the pre-op phase so why not just do it. I like my brand of powder way better then his, but I can easily justify spending another $160ish to pretty much guarantee my liver will shrink and my surgery should be routine. Maybe I drank the kool-aid and am funneling more $$$ to Dr. Kim, but Dr. Kim has amazing stats for successful operations and this is my life were playing with. As far as I am concerned my life is worth a whole lot more then $200 extra dollars to me! :D

People spoke up in my last meeting that it was crazy they had to buy special shakes and the nutritionist got antsy and she gave us the option. My thought is, I am already dropping a ton on this process and his special powder is proven to have good results in the pre-op phase so why not just do it. I like my brand of powder way better then his, but I can easily justify spending another $160ish to pretty much guarantee my liver will shrink and my surgery should be routine. Maybe I drank the kool-aid and am funneling more $$$ to Dr. Kim, but Dr. Kim has amazing stats for successful operations and this is my life were playing with. As far as I am concerned my life is worth a whole lot more then $200 extra dollars to me! :D

I agree. There comes a point where you pick a surgeon based on the things you feel are most important and hopefully you follow the program they lay out. FWIW, the chocolate barissentials is my fav shake out there.