Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr David Kim Colleyville

Im having mine in 2 weeks! Great experience so far!

I was sleeved on 9/20/12 and have done very well. He had to fix a large hernia during the surgery so my time in OR was increased by about an hour. He is very conservative about his pre and post op diets but it was worth it to have the successful outcome that I had. I have Aetna insurance and his requirements seem to be more than what Aetna requires. The psych visit and NUT was insurance driven but I don't think the EDG and sleep study necessarily were. My local PCP was very pleased with the pre op requirements but my co pays were as much as it would have cost me to go out of the country for the surgery. I strongly considered leaving for it but I took the advice of my PCP and I have no regrets. I am still on FMLA until Wednesday. Not sure that i am ready to go back to the work that I do but I guess I will find out next week.

Good luck to you.

So tell me did they tell you youhad a hernia before.. when you did your egd or discovered on the table. Did he take care of you pain wise???

Im 6'4" and started three months ago at 380#, today I weighed 351 and started my pre-op (which sucks!) haha

I can't say I had a good experience. I didn't have an experience. Lol. Took 5 weeks to get in (because he's become famous, I'm guessing). I went through the consultation and the insurance people were my last stop and I was told, "I'll call you and let you know where we go from here, by Friday." I didn't think too much of it, that was only a couple of days.

I heard from her (insurance personnel in his office) in 6 weeks and 4 days. Huh? I called, no return calls, no nothing.

I'm guessing I am just that one person that "fell through the hoops." She did apologize, repeatedly, stating she just found my file on a shelf and didn't know why she had put it there, it was misplaced and she just happened to be cleaning.

I'm sure he is very good at what he does. If you type dr. Kim in the search above, there is another post I read in reference to him. Probably give you some better insight.

Hope this helps.

I had my EDG done in my home town (about 3.5 hours from Trophy Club Hospital) and was told that I had one but I just assumed that it was a small one. Dr. Kim and his team said that it was large and old. Not sure how they tell how old the hernia is but glad that it got repaired. I have had very few bad days since the surgery.

I had my sleeve done by Dr. Kim on 9/10. I had consultations with 3 other surgeons before deciding on Dr. Kim. He has more experience than anyone else I could find - and his staff is fantastic! I also had a hernia repair done at the same time. Because I was self-pay, I didn't have to jump through many of the pre-surgery hoops. So didn't have EDG pre-surgery. But I understand most overweight adults have hernias......

Dr. Kim's personality is VERY reserved. You'll find that you won't really interact with him much; you'll mostly deal with his staff. Everytime I have called to ask yet another question, whoever I speak with is patient and takes all the time I need to discuss whatever. I chose Dr. Kim based on his skills - not because I expected to become best buddies.

I am VERY pleased with my choice and I'm SO happy I did this.

I can't say I had a good experience. I didn't have an experience. Lol. Took 5 weeks to get in (because he's become famous, I'm guessing). I went through the consultation and the insurance people were my last stop and I was told, "I'll call you and let you know where we go from here, by Friday." I didn't think too much of it, that was only a couple of days.

I heard from her (insurance personnel in his office) in 6 weeks and 4 days. Huh? I called, no return calls, no nothing.

I'm guessing I am just that one person that "fell through the hoops." She did apologize, repeatedly, stating she just found my file on a shelf and didn't know why she had put it there, it was misplaced and she just happened to be cleaning.

I'm sure he is very good at what he does. If you type dr. Kim in the search above, there is another post I read in reference to him. Probably give you some better insight.

Hope this helps.

I went in and met with Dr. Kim twice... both times I was highly disappointed... I explained that I lived South of DFW and would need a hospital closer to home... he actually told me to rent a car service if HIS Forest Park Hospital was too far to drive. He stated that he could control the costs at HIS hospital, since I was a self pay.. I left his office and went to Fort Worth Lap Band and had surgery with the best doctor!.. Dr. Adam Smith... I had my surgery at Baylor Southlake.. Awesome hospital.. Turns out that Dr. Kim did the same surgery, for the same cost at Baylor Southlake... Made me very unhappy to find out that it was a bit of a scam, paywise with Dr. Kim...

I had mine done by him on 9/4.

I went in and met with Dr. Kim twice... both times I was highly disappointed... I explained that I lived South of DFW and would need a hospital closer to home... he actually told me to rent a car service if HIS Forest Park Hospital was too far to drive. He stated that he could control the costs at HIS hospital' date=' since I was a self pay.. I left his office and went to Fort Worth Lap Band and had surgery with the best doctor!.. Dr. Adam Smith... I had my surgery at Baylor Southlake.. Awesome hospital.. Turns out that Dr. Kim did the same surgery, for the same cost at Baylor Southlake... Made me very unhappy to find out that it was a bit of a scam, paywise with Dr. Kim...[/quote']

Hmmm I was told I could go to Southlake/Trophy Club, Dallas or Frisco. I picked Dallas even though we live 10 min from Southlake bc the date of surgery didn't work for my schedule. I haven't had any issues with his staff, and love all of the people I have worked with there.

I had mine done with him 7/9. My first attempt was in Wise Regional where the anesthesiologist inflamed my airway and then gave me steroids to reduce the swelling. Dr. Kim cancelled the surgery because the steroids would make it more difficult to heal. I had to wait 30 days for the steroids to clear my system. Second time I went to Forest Park (they were able to intubate me for my EDG without problems so I wanted to return there no matter what it cost.) They didn't see a small hiatal hernia on the EDG but repaired it during my surgery. Dr. Kim is reserved and conservative and that worked for me. I had NO post op problems, back to work in a week feeling great. I'm VERY pleased!!

Mine is with Dr.Kim on Oct. 25th at Baylor Trophy Club!

Start my liquid diet on Oct 18. I am one of the lucky ones who only has to do 1 week liquid diet. I am NOT complaining about that ;)

I started with Dr. Kim but couldn't get past being forced to buy certain shakes for pre-op. I heard about Dr. Cribbins (Plano Presby is where I had surgery) and his pre-op being fat free vegetarian. My experience with Dr. Cribbins and his staff has been AMAZING. He I had surgery Friday and he came to see me sat and sunday. He is very easy to talk to and I will say it again: NO PAIN WHATSOEVER!!!!!!!