Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Anybody Else Get Offended Or Is It Just Me!

Ew! That would be super annoying. I can see why you're frustrated if that's the kind of compliments you're getting. Boo on them!

I know exactley how you feel, I am barber and see people on dailey basis. Last Nov I wieghed 458. Today I am down 278. Had my sleeve on 4/20 lost 115 since surgery. Everyday I get diff reactions some good some not so good. To top it off my barber shop name is Big Al's Barbershop. So everyday I hear your gonna have to change name to little al's. Kind of tired of hear it, but I just smile and say thanks. Sometimes people ask hey your loosing lots wieght, I joke and say I lost few pounds. But funniest is when they come in and ask where is big al, and I say right here. They says oh I didn't recognize you. I always smile and say just still me. But I feel terrific and don't regret a thing. I went from size 58 pants to 44 and 6 xl to 2 xl......big diff ..I love my sleeve.

One of the reasons I got this surgery is that I was tired of being " invisible." It bugged me in the most extreme ways. I did not like how I looked before and I do not think others did either. Now I am getting my stud on and am looking forward to the attention going forward. No more glances at the sidewalk or quick head turns from others.

I probably wouldn't care as much if I saw the same people everyday but everyday it's different people with the same comments over and over. I know at the beginning of my journey this wouldn't even seem like an issue to be having but its been bothering me for a while and I still have 20 more pounds before goal so it's not going to stop anytime soon. I'm actually starting to get a little snappy back at my clients when they say offensive things. I know they are coming from a good place but sometimes they don't think before speak.

I'll take all the compliments I can get... I'm 47 years old & it took me over 10 years to make this decision. I know I was fat & I didn't even like looking at myself in a mirror anymore. I wasn't comfortable with myself being fat & believe me...I heard plenty of comments & lectures from family, friends, Dr's & strangers. I used to have a comeback for all the comments. (My little way of dealing is by making it funny, even though I was sad inside). Now that I'm losing the weight & feeling better about myself & the way I look.....bring it on!!!! I'll take any compliment I can get :)

I know im cute but hell. I was huge. I was even digusted in myself. I love the compliments i get, it pushes me even more. Wouldnt of had the surgery if i didnt think i was fat or cute

I don't mind the compliments. Im getting tired of the statements that are offensive there getting annoying. Even though I know there coming from a nice place.