Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm 4 1/2 months out and I'm very happy with my progress of 72 pounds but since I last posted I've lost NADA! I hate stalls so much! I know I'm not supposed to compare myself to others but I know a few people who are ahead of me by 15 to 20 pounds already and I'm just sitting here! It is really frustrating. I just don't know what else to do. I think I'm doing everything right. I'm getting my Protein in and drinking Water and walking every other day. I guess I need to walk everyday! WHO knows! Just so frustrated! I want the scale to move. At the rate, I will NEVER be in ONEDERLAND! Yes, I know I couldn't have done this without the sleeve for sure. But when you hear of other people losing so much more in the same amount of time it gets discouraging. Sorryto be so negative.... Thanks for listening. I do know I'm blessed to be where I am. Maybe I should just stop complaining. :-/

First off, you have done great and an inspiration to us that are not as far along. You have probably squeezed your BMR to the limits and need to add exercise. That should get the weight loss moving again. Have you noticed clothes fitting better during your long stalls? I bet they do.

/comfort

Lisa we had our surgery on the same day - and I am at 58 down from surgery weight (the rest was pre-op MWL) so I know exactly how you feel. I stalled for a month and only a few days ago the scale started to come down again - it really is maddening, you do the same thing that has been giving your success and suddenly it stops working - upping the Water, the Protein and giving myself the peppiest pep talks i could muster has helped.

we will get there!

I'm a week or so behind you and I'm stuck too. The scale hasn't moved in the past 2 weeks. To top it off, it's been a crazy 2 weeks and I've only been to the gym 3 times in 2 weeks.

Gotta just keep focusing on diet, Water and exercise. I know eventually it will start moving again but right now it stinks!

/comfort

Lisa we had our surgery on the same day - and I am at 58 down from surgery weight (the rest was pre-op MWL) so I know exactly how you feel. I stalled for a month and only a few days ago the scale started to come down again - it really is maddening, you do the same thing that has been giving your success and suddenly it stops working - upping the Water, the Protein and giving myself the peppiest pep talks i could muster has helped.

we will get there!

Chimera I think you understand exactly how I feel. Thank you for your kind words. I will try to give myself pep talks and see if that helps. I'm trying to up the Water and have more Protein today and see if that helps. It seems that for most in month 4 the weight loss slows down alot! I've only lost 57 from the date of surgery and 15 was pre op but I include that because that was the hardest two weeks of my life! :) I just hear of people that have lost more but I know I should be thankful and I know deep down I will get there. Thanks again!

Lisa, im 10-1/2 months out and my total weight loss is 60 +/- 5 lbs. I would say you are doing great at losing 72 lbs in 4.5 months! I've had several stalls too.

Sounds like you've become a slave to the scales....stop! Altho we are not losing weight, we may still be losing inches (this is what is happening to me at this point). I weigh 1x week but considering doing every 2 wks instead...just to stop the feelings of frustration!

Hang in there....you're def not done losing yet!

Hi

I know what you are feeling...I also hate stalls.

You just have to somehow wait for it to pass...or do a whole lot more exerise....lol

Lisa, im 10-1/2 months out and my total weight loss is 60 +/- 5 lbs. I would say you are doing great at losing 72 lbs in 4.5 months! I've had several stalls too.

Sounds like you've become a slave to the scales....stop! Altho we are not losing weight, we may still be losing inches (this is what is happening to me at this point). I weigh 1x week but considering doing every 2 wks instead...just to stop the feelings of frustration!

Hang in there....you're def not done losing yet!

Yes I know. I shouldn't be complaining. I should be thankful. I guess I'm just having a pity party today. When I hear of others losing at a faster rate I get angry I guess. I know you understand and have a great attitude. Thank you! :)

Yes I know. I shouldn't be complaining. I should be thankful. I guess I'm just having a pity party today. When I hear of others losing at a faster rate I get angry I guess. I know you understand and have a great attitude. Thank you! :)

Oh yes I do understand....went thru the same feeling of comparing myself to others. I actually still do. I just vent it to my hubby who reminds me that everyone is different. Altho sometimes when I tell him about how much weight people, who were sleeved months after me, have lost...even he says 'wow"! Im sure some/all of us on here have had pity-parties every now & then...lol! Best wishes on your continued journey:) You are doing great thus far!

An interesting situation has also cropped up at home - my hubby also had a vsg two weeks before I did, and he has never stalled, in fact his loss is so dramatic that people at work no longer even recognize him. Neither of us had any idea he would be so close to goal this early (today is his 5 month surgiversary) we had the same start weight of 318 - his surgery weight was 10 lbs more than my own at 284 - and he is now 196. People are continually remarking on his transformation - while very few comment on my own ( hey 100+ lbs is no mean feat!) - maybe it is because I am a professor amongst a whole group of very polite academians who might think it rude to comment.

I think he is feeling guilty because I have been a bit sad and frustrated with my stalls - so i try my best to keep up the cheerful even when I feel disapointed simply becasue i know he will take it on and feel bad :(

Work and life has been very stressful and busy lately - and i dont see much of a let up any time soon.../sigh. pms certainly does not help matters lol.

An interesting situation has also cropped up at home - my hubby also had a vsg two weeks before I did' date=' and he has never stalled, in fact his loss is so dramatic that people at work no longer even recognize him. Neither of us had any idea he would be so close to goal this early (today is his 5 month surgiversary) we had the same start weight of 318 - his surgery weight was 10 lbs more than my own at 284 - and he is now 196. People are continually remarking on his transformation - while very few comment on my own ( hey 100+ lbs is no mean feat!) - maybe it is because I am a professor amongst a whole group of very polite academians who might think it rude to comment.

I think he is feeling guilty because I have been a bit sad and frustrated with my stalls - so i try my best to keep up the cheerful even when I feel disapointed simply becasue i know he will take it on and feel bad :(

Work and life has been very stressful and busy lately - and i dont see much of a let up any time soon.../sigh. pms certainly does not help matters lol.[/quote']

Aw, he seems like a really sweet guy. I agree, we women already have to deal with being slower losers than men, then throw in PMS on top of that, and it just plain sucks. Good luck to both of y'all.

An interesting situation has also cropped up at home - my hubby also had a vsg two weeks before I did, and he has never stalled, in fact his loss is so dramatic that people at work no longer even recognize him. Neither of us had any idea he would be so close to goal this early (today is his 5 month surgiversary) we had the same start weight of 318 - his surgery weight was 10 lbs more than my own at 284 - and he is now 196. People are continually remarking on his transformation - while very few comment on my own ( hey 100+ lbs is no mean feat!) - maybe it is because I am a professor amongst a whole group of very polite academians who might think it rude to comment.

Work and life has been very stressful and busy lately - and i dont see much of a let up any time soon.../sigh. pms certainly does not help matters lol.

Men do lose so much faster than we do!! It is so unfair, isn't it?? :) My life has been stressful as well and I'm wondering if it has something to do with me not losing. I sure hope it moves soon. I read today on FB May Sleevers Page, where one of the ladies hit 100 pounds lost!! I couldn't believe it. I really don't understand but I'm trying to!

Oh yes I do understand....went thru the same feeling of comparing myself to others. I actually still do. I just vent it to my hubby who reminds me that everyone is different. Altho sometimes when I tell him about how much weight people, who were sleeved months after me, have lost...even he says 'wow"! Im sure some/all of us on here have had pity-parties every now & then...lol! Best wishes on your continued journey:) You are doing great thus far!

I vent to mine too! :) Best wishes to you as well. Thank you for the encouragement! I still wish the scales would just move! I really do try to stay positive. I keep thinking about my 1 year anniversary and how much I will have actually have lost by then. I told my husband today that I don't think I will lose any more!

I vent to mine too! :) Best wishes to you as well. Thank you for the encouragement! I still wish the scales would just move! I really do try to stay positive. I keep thinking about my 1 year anniversary and how much I will have actually have lost by then. I told my husband today that I don't think I will lose any more!

My 1 yr is just around the corner...I so want the scale to move down...i want to be like the folks who lose 100+ pounds! I tell hubby the same thing...he's very encouraging and tries to motivate me but secretly, I believe my weight loss is over. Lisa, you have quite some time before your year is here...you are not done losing!! Stay positive & motivated :)