Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey all,

This is my first post. I was just sleeved on Tuesday 10/2 . Overall my surgery was uneventful, had some heartburn waking up but it passed. I'm home, no pain (haven't taken any pain pills at all), no gas pain and over all feeling good. I'd say my only complaint is feeling weak and the liquid diet I am not enjoying at all.

I am holding off weighing myself at home and will see at Dr appt on wed. I think I want the number to be higher than a few pounds. I'm hoping it is.

I had a moment the night after surgery while still in the hospital that I thought "what have I done" and I'm having a little depression at the thought of no food another 2 week's and not having so much energy to get up and go with my daughter. But I'm trying to remind myself no food is temporary and in the end it will all be worth it.

I look forward to taking this journey with you all.

Stats:

5'9"

Start: 316 lbs

You thoughts are valid. The last time when you have an overabundance of energy will outweigh those initial thoughts of, 'why'! Take it one day at at time.

Much success to you.

Caved and weighed in today 5 days out and at 300lbs. Holy cow

Sleeve sister! Similar stats to you and same surgery date. Feeling good too but having a hard time getting fluids in. Looking forward to taking this journey with you! I'm in Seattle, where are you?

I'm in NY. I'm just starting to be able to get liquids in more often. Started my Protein Shake today and finally not feeling so hungry.

I was sleeved the same day as you and went through the depression phase. When I woke up I remembered thinking wtf did I do. I had a ton of regret but thankfully today I'm feeling better. I don't have a scale at home, so I have no idea what my starting weight was or if I've lost weight since surgery. I'm hating the liquid diet but they said I only have to do it for 1-2 weeks, I plan to test out some puree foods after the 1 week mark.

Hey sleeve sisters!! The 2nd night in hospital when I was dry heaving I began to cry. I think that was my moment of regret. It's been 4 days post op now and I do really believe every day gets better. Taking is one day, one sip, one pound at a time. Just want this "healing" phase to be over so I can move on with planning my life

I'm 2weeks post op n can say I'm gettin better everyday. I did 2 hours of yard work today! I hated the first week but got thru it n so can you.

Sitting at the coffee shop in the grocery store while my mom picks up chicken broth, yogurt and butterscotch pudding. I made it as far as the Protein Drinks and called uncle. So shaky I can barely function. I think I need more sugar and Protein. This sucks.... But on a positive note I feel smaller :-)

Sleeved 10/1 and I'm still taking Tylenol around the clock. I have one incision that just won't leave me alone. food wise I'm doing good on puréed , I added 2 of the powdered whey Protein Shakes I was taking preop to give me more Protein and energy. I walk twice a day -10 min each and then I need a break! Slow going! Haven't weighed yet-still feel bloated.

10/2 here...surgery great but recovery a nightmare do to too heavy a dose of dalotid and phenergan in recovery room. Took 48 hours to not fall asleep mid sentence!! That was when i was WTF but now better. My doc has me on clear liquid 2 weeks and says even soft food is not adviseable while healing. I do GNC Soy Choc as hot cocoa and my saving grace is Isopure clear bottles premixed. Going to add unflavored to add to broths.

Hello I felt the same way. Sleeve 09/26/2012. I am counting the days to eat and I am now a food network fan while in post-op. Go figure. Hang in there.