Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Peanut Butter

Well I slice a banana and put a little Peanut Butter on top of each slice but some people don't eat bananas.

I am low on potassium and have kidney problems so I keep up with eatting potassium providing food.< /p>

It's really yummy :)

I eat a half of a whole wheat English Muffin with Peanut Butter. It has Fiber which is a bonus and 11 g of Protein. It was on my list of things to try. It takes me 30 minutes to eat it. LOL Do whatcha gotta do:)

I've never counted carbs and I have lost 97 lbs in less than 6 months..I'm not trying to sway your decision to do so but we eat so little that the weight will come off even if you eat carbs.. Just make sure that you focus on eating good complex carbs and you should be fine.

I enjoy Peanut Butter with pretzels or wheat thins.

I've never counted carbs and I have lost 97 lbs in less than 6 months..I'm not trying to sway your decision to do so but we eat so little that the weight will come off even if you eat carbs.. Just make sure that you focus on eating good complex carbs and you should be fine.

I enjoy Peanut Butter with pretzels or wheat thins.

Before anyone chastises me let me add..... I always fill up on Protein first but I enjoy various carbs such as rice, Pasta, some bread, etc... I didn't have this surgery to diet the rest of my life.... the sleeve gives me the control not to overeat and it's been the absolute PERFECT fit for me!! Love my sleeve!!!!

I once worked at a daycare center and we sometimes fed the kids celery sticks with Peanut Butter.< /p>

Baby carrots dipped in PB is pretty good.

Baby carrots dipped in PB is pretty good.

REALLY?? I never thought of that. May have to try it!

The whole wheat english muffin with PB is the best bet protein-wise, as the whole grain complements the Peanut Butter to make a complete protein; Peanut Butter by itself, as with most vegetable Proteins, is not a complete Protein, so whole grain bread or crackers are your best bet nutritionally. Like some others here, I never did the low carb thing, either, and never suffered on the weightloss front because of it.

The other suggestions of bananas, carrots or celery are popular items that are also healthy, and even if they aren't Protein complements, may be very good taste complements!

Well I slice a banana and put a little peanut butter on top of each slice but some people don't eat bananas.

I am low on potassium and have kidney problems so I keep up with eatting potassium providing food.

It's really yummy :)

If you are looking for good potassium sources, try the low sodium variety of V8 juice - an 11.5 oz can has around 1100mg of potassium in it, and is about as good a supplement that you can find without a prescription. (My wife also has potassium problems so we are always on the lookout for good sources.)

Also apple slices.

I enjoy it on celery, and english muffins, even though 6 months out i can't eat the whole english muffin.

Rick- thank you! :) I will definitely try that!

I enjoy Peanut Butter with apples. When is peanut butter allowed post op?

My doc's plan allows for Peanut Butter immediately as a soft Protein (creamy style, of course - avoid the crunchy types for a while.) I didn't use it much after the initial 2-3 weeks when I could get in better Protein rich foods as its' caloric content is a bit much to swallow in any quantity during the loss phase, I typically had some on a saltine cracker or two, as those are good at soaking up excess stomach acid and settling stomachs that are still getting used to their new life.

It should be good whenever your plan gets you onto soft Proteins - soft cheeses, yogurts, etc., unless your doc's plan specifically says otherwise.

If available in your area, I'd opt for natural Peanut Butter, or almond or cashew butter. They have to be refrigerated and mixed, but sugar or no palm oil added! Palm oil is not good for the liver and they are cutting down too many trees to produce it. Plus, the almond tends to be higher in protein!

Since I can only do about 1-2tbsp, I use 3-4 small multi-grain crackers. It does settle the stomach :)