Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

I noticed that I've picked up my pre-surgery habit of snacking on junk, not exercising and drinking non Water drinks.

I've picked up 5 lbs. so today I'm committed to going back to basics. My goal is to lose 8 lbs this month.

Anyone want to join me?

Lots of Water

Exercise 5 days a week

Limited simple carbs

Eat Protein first

Eat slow/stop when full

Meditate and pray when stressed instead of eating

I'll join you. I have been stress eating at work also. Gained 3 lbs, but haven't lost anything significant for 6 months. I'm actually doing well with exercising that's probably why I haven't gained more. OK ....8 lbs your on! I started the month at 168. Back to basics for this woman.

I noticed that I've picked up my pre-surgery habit of snacking on junk' date=' not exercising and drinking non Water drinks.

I've picked up 5 lbs. so today I'm committed to going back to basics. My goal is to lose 8 lbs this month.

Anyone want to join me?

Lots of Water

Exercise 5 days a week

Limited simple carbs

Eat Protein first

Eat slow/stop when full

Meditate and pray when stressed instead of eating[/quote']

Ok. I'm in too. I'm 5 months out but need some accountability. No support groups anywhere near me( well one but during all three of my visits all they talked about was local gossip, nothing related to wls ). I'm starting the month at 216.

Hi all. Looks like I'm one of the very few with complications. I stopped losing weight at 6 months. I was up 4 days a week at the gym at 5am, eating healthy and still, nothing happened. My surgeon and nut were stumped and we did an intensive 6 week study. I saw him weekly, as well as my nut and we tried everything...raising calorie amt, lowering them, etc. nothing.

Finally we did a ct scan and discovered a stricture. Top of my stomach healed too tightly and my stomach created a type of side pouch it seems so basically I could get down much more than I should. And that's the main reason I had the surgery!! I couldn't get full and now even with the surgery, same thing was happening.

We did an endoscopy this week and not only saw the stricture up close but also discovered after filling up my sleeve with air, that my stomach is extremely thick and elastic and it was heavily dilated.

So, I'm facing a revision to gastric bypass on the 16th. 11 months to the day that I had the sleeve surgery. I'm devastated.

Hi all. Looks like I'm one of the very few with complications. I stopped losing weight at 6 months. I was up 4 days a week at the gym at 5am' date=' eating healthy and still, nothing happened. My surgeon and nut were stumped and we did an intensive 6 week study. I saw him weekly, as well as my nut and we tried everything...raising calorie amt, lowering them, etc. nothing.

Finally we did a ct scan and discovered a stricture. Top of my stomach healed too tightly and my stomach created a type of side pouch it seems so basically I could get down much more than I should. And that's the main reason I had the surgery!! I couldn't get full and now even with the surgery, same thing was happening.

We did an endoscopy this week and not only saw the stricture up close but also discovered after filling up my sleeve with air, that my stomach is extremely thick and elastic and it was heavily dilated.

So, I'm facing a revision to gastric bypass on the 16th. 11 months to the day that I had the sleeve surgery. I'm devastated.[/quote']

I'm sorry to hear about your complications. I'm praying for you to have a smooth revision on the 16th. Please keep us up to date. I look forward to hearing about how successful you are.

Weekly conference call

For those if you wanting to get/keep focused, how about a weekly conference call just for us Oct 2012 sleevers.

We can discuss where we are and how to stay on task. If you are interested let me know and I'll set up the call. Maybe Sunday evenings for 30 mins to 1 ht.

Pamela

I'm interested.

I'm sorry to hear about your complications. I'm praying for you to have a smooth revision on the 16th. Please keep us up to date. I look forward to hearing about how successful you are.

Thank you for the support

Im interested in the weekly call as well.

Conference call

What time would work? What time zone are you in? I'm in CST.

Pamela

Pam, I'm on PST but will get on whenever its convenient for everyone.

I'm central time. But will call whenever.

On my way to Hawaii !! My one year surgiversary gift to myself. As you can see from my photo, Gnomie & I are enjoying the first class cabin while over the Pacific.

post-29764-13813670253027_thumb.jpg

My one year surgerversary finds me short of my weight goal but at my size goal. Going shopping today to Celebrate. This journey has had its ups.... a lot of ups and its downs, especially the last couple of months but I am so glad I made this decision. A before and after pic.

[ATTACH]19193[/ATTACH]

September 2012

[ATTACH]19194[/ATTACH]

October 2012

[ATTACH]19195[/ATTACH]

October 2013

post-43937-13813670598478_thumb.png

post-43937-13813670598811_thumb.png

post-43937-13813670599133_thumb.png

Back to basics, I was just thinking the same thing over the weekend!! I haven't gained but I want to lose my last 5lbs (approx) or 10kgs - I'm Aussie :-) been stuck at 78kg for months now and picked up bad habits too and been sooooo slack with water!! I'm in :-D