Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

Just a quick check-in!! Everything is going so good!! I feel amazing and I am beginning to really see the difference in my face and body. For the first time in forever I'm looking forward to summer. Shorts and tanks from somewhere other than lane bryant. And a fancy new bathing suit!! All my nursing scrubs are huge! Love it! I'm creeping closer to onederland and when that day comes I'm treating myself to something fabulous.

Highest weight: 278

DOS 10/4: 271

CW: 215

Hello All. Just checking in

Before surgery 10/10 I weighed 238 as of today I weigh 187. 51 lbs????. I haven't worn a size Xl shirt since the summer of 2002! I'm really starting to like my body again.

Good luck everyone and keep up the good work everyone!

Starting weight - 280 (probably more but 280 was my highest weight I saw on a scale)

Date of surgery 10/02/2012 - 260 lbs

Day after surgery 10/03/2012 265 lbs because of the Fluid retention

Today 01/03/2013 3 months post op - 237 lbs.

My weight loss has been a lot slower than most but I haven't been strict about Water Vitamins etc.

Since the start of January I have been dry focused and committed about my water Protein intake and my vitamins and I see a difference. Ill be back in the gym tomorrow for the first time after surgery (yes I know..it's been 3 months but a lot has happened in those 3 months). I have to keep reminding myself that it's a journey, not a race

I am a onderlander FINALLY! Got on the scale 198 lbs today so happy with the NEW me :*)

Congratulations!!

I have been soooo bad the last couple of weeks. Eating fast food and eating a lot. Still not as bad as I used to be though. So my new year's resolution is to refocus and remember everything I went through to get here.

Starting weight - 280 (probably more but 280 was my highest weight I saw on a scale)

Date of surgery 10/02/2012 - 260 lbs

Day after surgery 10/03/2012 265 lbs because of the Fluid retention

Today 01/03/2013 3 months post op - 237 lbs.

My weight loss has been a lot slower than most but I haven't been strict about Water Vitamins etc.

Since the start of January I have been dry focused and committed about my water Protein intake and my vitamins and I see a difference. Ill be back in the gym tomorrow for the first time after surgery (yes I know..it's been 3 months but a lot has happened in those 3 months). I have to keep reminding myself that it's a journey' date=' not a race[/quote']

That's a great mindset! Journey not a race. I have also been a slow loser. I am not the size 26/28 that I was pre-surgery. I can wear some 14/16 at LB but more like 16w. I feel good about that! I was 240 at surgery (10/8) and with all the holiday food I'm at 210 (most days). Now I need to kick it up a notch. I also went through some issues (aging parents, stress eating) then tamales started coming in....

The good news is that it is possible to straighten up and fly right....

I need pep talk. Don't worry about hurting my feelings. I cheated over Christmas and New Years with Cookies and chips! I am almost 3 months out and don't want to blow it. HELP!!!

Hi there,

I have found it helpful to remove the negative self-talk such as "I cheated" and flip it into a positive. I had a few treats during the holidays as well, only I made sure I had my Protein first, was taking all my Vitamins and consuming all my fluids. This helped because I was not feeling like I was missing out on any treats, but by following the rules I was only able to have two or three bites of the treat. I also made sure that I treated it like a holi-day, not a holi-week, or holi-month. One day, a few bites of a treat, and back to the healthy rules again. I haven't felt deprived or depressed about the food at all. Good luck to you, I hope your relationship with food gets better.

HW:300

DOS:267 10/9/12!

CW:223 :)

I was at a major stall at 228 for 3 weeks and I just had gallbladder surgery 3 days ago and I've had no appetite at all an got on the scale this morning and lost 5lbs in 2 days! I know it's bad but hopefully I cracked my stall!!! Im 77lbs lost and loving it!!! :) can't wait to get under 220!! :)) I've lost 33lbs pre-op and 44lbs post-op!

Great job vbaith25!

So i posted like two days ago i cracked my stall,i was at 228 down to 223 in three days,well i couldn't wait to crack the teens,well yesterday i made it to 218!!!! I'm total at 82 lbs lost and of that 49lbs since surgery October 9th!!i went to my three month appt and I'm cleared for everything,no restrictions! I couldn't be any happier, 18lbs to go to crack the 190's!!! Ahhh :D so excitement... i will b posting current pictures soon...

Had my three month check up with my doctor yesterday down 49 pounds since surgery 10/11/12. Very, very happy! Now I have to kick my exercise back into gear!

Had my three month check up with my doctor yesterday down 49 pounds since surgery 10/11/12. Very' date=' very happy! Now I have to kick my exercise back into gear![/quote']

Congrats, suejersey!!! Any more cruises planned anytime soon? I'd LOVE to get away this winter but don't think it's in the cards for me until I get this surgery paid off....

I am down 47 lbs - and REALLY named to kick my exercise back into gear, too!!!

Congrats, suejersey!!! Any more cruises planned anytime soon? I'd LOVE to get away this winter but don't think it's in the cards for me until I get this surgery paid off....

I am down 47 lbs - and REALLY named to kick my exercise back into gear, too!!!

No cruises but going to Florida in February for a college visit for my daughter and then in April with my husband for our 20th anniversary. Hope to be down 65 to 70 pounds by then! My doctor told me if I don't start exercising again my weight loss is going to slow down because and my metabolism will slow down to stop the body from starving. So I must get the walking back in.

Congrats on 47 pounds - we are twinies LOL! I see you are going to hitting Onederland soon. That will be AWESOME, huh?!