Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op Octosleevers 2012. Welcome To The Losers Bench!

I am eating everything fish, chicken, tuna, veggies. I had one bad experience with shrimp. I have been on solids since 11 days post surgery. I was tired last week, but feel pretty "normal" today 3 weeks post-op. My surgical team does not do mushies. I still cannot eat bread, rice, Beans and gas producing veggies. I am doing well with fluids. No Protein Shakes here. I get it all from food. I am enjoying my non citric fruits.

I started stage 3 today. I had a scrambled egg. It took 1/2 hr. to eat but so far so good. Could not have eaten anymore if I wanted to.

Hi losers,

I am two weeks out and having a terrible time time getting the Water in. Had to go in for 24 hrs of IV fluids at 11days post op . Doing better but my surgeon says that sleeves can be slower to get going due to the pyloric valve at the bottom of your sleeve getting swollen and not functioning normally . I am trying to start more full liquids and some yogurt . Hope it will slide well . Keep the faith!

I get my fluids by keeping a bottle of water by me all day and just taking a couple sips at a time. Hope you get enough Fluid and don't have to go back in for IV. Good Luck :*)

I got on scale first thing this morning and it said 240.5. I brushed my teeth thinking "really?? How awesome I've gotten down to 240". So I get back on to make sure I wasn't crazy and it said 242.2. What the heck? I don't know which number is true.

Try stepping on the scale first thing in the morning but weigh yourself 3 times in a row to make sure it's accurate. I know that as soon as I drink a sip of Water or do anything I gain a lb. By the end of the day I am always 3-4 lbs heavier so do it at the same time everyday for accurate results. :*)

I am eating everything fish, chicken, tuna, veggies. I had one bad experience with shrimp. I have been on solids since 11 days post surgery. I was tired last week, but feel pretty "normal" today 3 weeks post-op. My surgical team does not do mushies. I still cannot eat bread, rice, Beans and gas producing veggies. I am doing well with fluids. No Protein Shakes here. I get it all from food. I am enjoying my non citric fruits.

I can't wait to eat chicken my team is slow 2-3 weeks clear liquid, 3 weeks full liquid, 6 weeks puree then by 10 weeks real food. My surgeon has been very successful so I am fine with following the diet. That is awesome that you get all the Protein from your food. I know a few people have had problems with fish/shrimp so they stopped eating it, but you could always try again later on.

I started stage 3 today. I had a scrambled egg. It took 1/2 hr. to eat but so far so good. Could not have eaten anymore if I wanted to.

How I would love a scrambled egg :*)

I got on scale first thing this morning and it said 240.5. I brushed my teeth thinking "really?? How awesome I've gotten down to 240". So I get back on to make sure I wasn't crazy and it said 242.2. What the heck? I don't know which number is true.

That's when you get on one more time!

Sent from my iPad using VST

11 days after surgery. Doing pretty good. Drain hurting so surgeon removing this afternoon. Follow up appointment Wed. Should be able to move to puree/soft foods. Yay !!!

Strained Panera's chicken Soup mixed with Unjury chicken soup flavored Protein is the BOMB-DIGGITY. Thanks, Jennyannk73, for the inspiration!!!

That's when you get on one more time!

Sent from my iPad using VST

On your tip toes and make sure you exhale first!lLOL

I am having a hard time with mushies. I have been a fast eater since having kids. I cant seem to slow down, then I get the horrible chest pain and alime balls yuck. I cant seem to get enough proteim without going over calories. Kind o stumped. Some days I cant eat enough, other days everything I eat hurts. Ugh

I am in the same boat...but I am 1 week post op....the chest pain after eating anything is not good...hope you get to feeling better!

11 days after surgery. Doing pretty good. Drain hurting so surgeon removing this afternoon. Follow up appointment Wed. Should be able to move to puree/soft foods. Yay !!!

Wow that's amazing u still have a drain. Mine came out day 3 a lot of people don't even have one. I wonder why do different.

I can't wait to eat chicken my team is slow 2-3 weeks clear liquid' date=' 3 weeks full liquid, 6 weeks puree then by 10 weeks real food. My surgeon has been very successful so I am fine with following the diet. That is awesome that you get all the Protein from your food. I know a few people have had problems with fish/shrimp so they stopped eating it, but you could always try again later on.[/quote']

It is amazing how different the approach is. From reading the boards it appears the overseas doctors are really different in their post op approach. It kinda irritates me when people say u get a leak from eating solids to quickly. I dont think it to be true as i spoken to my DR about it. I think it is important to follow our Drs orders. As well as people need to understand every Dr is different!

What kind of puppy

Sorry it took so long to respond! I have been chasing a fur ball around my house for the last coupla days! :) I got an 11 week old shih tzu female. She is adorable. :)

I am three weeks out from Surgery today! Saw my Nutritionist this morning and we made a plan to progress on to pureed foods for this week and then she feels as if my surgeon will progress into softs next week. I was so happy to go to the grocery store and buy something non-protein shake related!! :) So, cottage cheese, scrambled egg, greek yogurt, and pureed Soups are ahead of me now! Makes me happy!! haha!

I hope that all of my sleeve-siblings are faring well. From what I have been reading most everyone has gotten away with few side-effects. Thanks again for being my support through this all!!