Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

9Months & 2Weeks Post Op Update

thanx, guys. That makes me feel a bit better. Plus the whole thing about BMI and body weight makes sense. I'll try to be more patient.

thank you! i sure hope so. lol

So sorry to hear about the leak,but glad to hear you are doing so much better! Congrats on the weight loss, Im sure you will get to goal in no time :)

Congratulations Jasleeve! You have been through so much and you deserve this!! So happy for you! Would love to see the new you though. :)

i have some before and afters in my photo album but they are not of me at 159.

Sorry you had such a rough start. Congrats on the size 6!!!

thank you!!

How did you know you had a leak? Did it do any serious internal damage?

no internal damage... i posted what happened in the first post. too much to type

OMG!!!! i remember you posting this! i remember reading it and just being in complete shock! my heart and love goes out to you love

Congradulations to you! Size 6 is tiny!

So for me:

Surgery went ok.

My Mom died a week later. She did not know I had the surgery.

I flew home, cried and barely drank anything much less eat. Flew home because I was very, very ill. Complications set in on the fight home. They persisted for weeks and were more serious than I even admitted here.

Slowly healed, mentally between my Mom (which would be enough) and the fact that I can't seem to "see" my size (I have been asked to point my body size out, and I select people size 18-20 ish) it has been a struggle but I get through, and I do so much more than that, it is not just a dicotomy, it is my most epic time yet. As Billy would have said "this is my time on the edge".

Back into biking, yoga, acro-yoga, swordsmanship, LARPing, Swimming, Archery, contact juggling, devil sticks, climbing trees, spelunking - and seeing the look on one of my best friends face as she handed me a tshirt from her vacation "medium" it said on the collar - and it fit.

Nine months, wow, I wonder what it will be like this time next year...

people who are heavier lose more weight & faster. also when working out, youre building muscle and holding muscle while burning fat which slows down the process but in a great way! also because we dont eat enough when working out, your body clings to what you do eat.

I'm glad to hear you guys have had success with your surgeries, but I'm quite frustrated with my sleeve surgery outcome. I had my surgery April 24, 2012 and have only lost 41 lbs. This recent month that just passed I only lost 5 lbs. and I'm killing myself with keeping the diet and exercising. A couple years ago when I use to diet and exercise I would be able to drop 15 to 20 lbs like nothing in a month and I feel that now that I've had the surgery I should be able to drop weight quicker, but it's not happening for me. Do you guys think there's is something wrong with me? My brother had the same surgery I did and in 5 months had dropped 125 lbs. I don't know why my goal seems to stay stuck.

Congratulations!!!! Sound like you are doing awesome... Always love to read about people who are post op more than a month!!!

Phenomenol!!! Leaks are what everyone fears. You proved it was worth it. Keep it going, girl.

Congratulations!!!! Sound like you are doing awesome... Always love to read about people who are post op more than a month!!!

thank you! :)

Phenomenol!!! Leaks are what everyone fears. You proved it was worth it. Keep it going, girl.

no no no no no no no!

dont get it confused lol.

i didnt go into detail of the hell that i went through! i was convinced that i was going to die whether it be cause of how sick i was or because i was going to do it myself! drs used the word fatal too many times for my liking and i had 4 emergency procedures within 1 month!

yes, im glad i had surgery but not at the expense of what i went thru. if i had to do it all over again, i wouldnt!!!

hey guys!

i was sleeved dec 20th, 2011.

was diagnosed with a leak at 5wks post op.

i had threw up bile at week 3&4 & was sent for

a swallow test which showed a leak.

after being hospitalized & having a stent placed,

i became severly sick & didnt eat for almost 2 months!

after keeping the stent in for a month,

my tummy healed.

i am now a new person!!

i started my journey at 273lbs.

i weighed in this morning at 159lbs!

i am officially in the 150s!

114lbs down!

my goal is 135lbs.

i wear a size 6 in jeans but they are starting

to fit loose on me!

im getting a new tattoo that says,

"what doesnt kill you will only make you stronger."

inspired by my journey & lesssons!

:)

WHOA! Good to hear from you J!! Glad you stopped by to give us an update! I've been wondering how you've been doing. Have a pic to post for us? (I didn't read the whole thread yet, so I'll be embarrassed if there is one....;) ) SOOOOO....You always said that all you went through was NOT worth it to lose weight. (which I could DEFINITELY see....you were pretty miserable) the $64,000 question is.... Would you do it again?

Good to hear from you too, Pook!!

OK.... You answered my question while I was typing it!! LOL :lol:

i read a picture graphic the other day that said, "everyone is willing to do anything to lose weight except diet and exercise" and it is soooooo true!

the sleeve is a tool but not a quick fix. some of us dont have the mental discipline to stick to a diet and continue to exercise! the hell i went thru with my leak, i realized how close i came to death and how i couldve lost my life because of my decision to be sleeved! i was only 23 when i got sleeved!

do i regret my surgery? no!

would i do it again? HELL NOOOOOO!

theres a HUGE risk that you take when you get sleeved. 99/100 people come out just fine! but that 1 could be you! it sure as hell was me! i never in a billion yrs wouldve thought it wouldve been me but it was! all im saying is, be 100% sure that you exhausted all options! be 100% READY for the bad! and pray for the good!

i had a friend who was sleeved & took 2 weeks off from work & ended up with a leak. was hospitalized for 3 months & didnt go back to work for almost 8months or so! dont be naive. this surgery will change your life. mostly for the good but some bad too!

im sorry! i know im scaring you pre-oppers but you need to hear this! because i know when i was pre op, i did thousands of hrs of researching & i never came across as someone as straight fwd as me.

OK.... You answered my question while I was typing it!! LOL :lol:

lmpraooo!! it was my psychic abilities!