Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Chicken or Beef????  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Chicken or Beef????

• Chicken goes down easier
    • Beef goes down easier
    • Beef goes down easier but it has to be ground beef
    • They both go down the same for me

Carlene, I love the picture of your dog. I have 2 Shih Tzu (a male and a female) and I'm crazy about them. They make me laugh when this band gets me down.:clap2:

Wow, your dog does look like my cat. That is actually not my cat...I just snagged it off the internet. BUT, I have a persian cat that looks exactly like that.

Carlene, I love the picture of your dog. I have 2 Shih Tzu (a male and a female) and I'm crazy about them. They make me laugh when this band gets me down.:clap2:

Thank you. She is the most worthless little ball of fur that ever was, but I love her dearly. Her name is Lucy, but my granddaughter calls her Lucifer. Lucy has issues. One of them is that she doesn't like anyone but me. She is quite fond of other dogs, however. It's just people she doesn't like.

Is Lucy a Shih Tzu, she looks like one and they usually love people. My female, Maddi, doesn't like people either, but that's because she was abused before we (DD and I) adopted her. Both our "kids" are rescue dogs that we adopted. I wish I could undo all their previous hurts, but we just try to make it up to them and boy are they spoilt!:)

Is Lucy a Shih Tzu, she looks like one and they usually love people. My female, Maddi, doesn't like people either, but that's because she was abused before we (DD and I) adopted her. Both our "kids" are rescue dogs that we adopted. I wish I could undo all their previous hurts, but we just try to make it up to them and boy are they spoilt!:)

Yes, she is a Tzu. She is very small (5 pounds) and some people are calling the little bitty ones "Chinese Imperials", or mini-Shih Tzu, although the AKC does not recognize either as a separate breed.

Lucy wasn't exactly a rescue pup...more like a surrender. She was purchased from my neighbor's boss (a home breeder) and then after a little over a year, the people decided they could not keep her. I don't think she was abused (my neighbor knows the previous owners), but they lived in an apartment and no one was home all day, so they kept her crated a LOT. And they had two small children.

When I first got her, she was not so anti-people - just shy. Now she gets really aggressive with anyone who comes near me. I think she is trying to protect me. Evidently she thinks she is a pit bull...LOL.

Lucy sure is a pretty little thing. She's probably grateful to you for taking her out of that crate and you've become her lifeline so of course she feels the need to protect you. :) I would like a little bitty one, too, but until I retire I probably shouldn't take on any more critters. :) My boy weighs aboutut 16 lbs and my girl 14 lbs. We have 2 rescue cats also. I guess my mothering instinct wasn’t fulfilled with an only child. :mad: My Maddi has come a long way since she’s been with us these past 3 years, and Spike (our boy) is all Tzu, he loves people and assumes that anyone who crosses our threshold came to see him and he makes them all feel welcome. He's such a funny little guy. Sure will be glad when I've lost 100 pounds so I'll feel more like playing with them as they both really like their toys and like us to be interactive with them when they play--I just get so tired right now. :faint: But, better days are a coming. :clap2:

I can only do ground beef also: Taco's, meatloaf, chili. Not chicken, steak or pork chops for me........:wacko:

We also have a rescue Shih Tzu named Max and he is a real sweetheart. Got him during my chemo for breast cancer 3.5 yrs ago to keep me company when I was stuck in bed. He was alot of help to me.

They both go down the same for me, not very well I might add. chicken has to be chicken salad, almost mushed, and beef, ground beef in a taco will be slow, but a go. Oh yes, thank goodness for chili, probably my most popular food of choice.

Then again, some days I can't eat a scrambled egg. I think I have the most finicky band ever. Just when I think I need a fill, I'll have two days of nothing staying down.

I can eat chicken or beef. However, I am real careful with chicken white meat. If it is stringy I don't go near it. I dip everything in low fat gravy or applesauce. I try to keep everything moist and have prepackaged dinners that are very moist and good. Turkey and gravy from Schwan's is an example.

I'm also a Libra and also have a Shiu Tzu. His name is Willie for short and weighs 14 lbs. He's hung around me too long. :)

What about boiled chicken? Boil it in some hot sauce or something, for flavour. Then it is shredded.

Does shredded chicken (or beef) go down easier?

Kat.

chicken and beef have been fine. Pork is my enemy! Tried it twice- it was so tender-the second time I got to experience the golfball & "sliming". I had read lots about it- couldnt relate- hope to never again!!!!! That was painful and horrible!

I have only just had my first fill, but I try not to chance anything getting stuck. I stick with dark meat chicken and anything ground beef related. I cut it up very, very small. I have not attempted steak because I don't want to have any bad experiences to talk about. I eat alot of seafood like fish and shrimp for lots of Protein.< /p>