Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok I wanted to see if anyone could help me out by maybe giving me some advice especially if you went through this or someone you know. First tomorrow will be 1 month post op, I Was fine the whole time even right after surgery, Then I started having a terrible pain in my side and back about 7 days ago went to the Er sat there about 45 minutes then Dr. Comes in I tell him what's hurting and tell him right before he walks out that I had the gastric sleeve done almost a month ago, he says ok leaves and never comes back then 2 hours then they give me a shot for pain that didnt even help then a while after that they did a urine test and a ct scan on me and after just sitting there hours but that's a whole different story. Then a nurse comes in with discharge papers and says ok heres your script for such and such I was like what's wrong with me she says oh you have a uti and kidney infection, then I say so NO leak and she kinda just looks at me funny and says noo, then she says oops brb she comes back and says that the Dr. Forgot to sign the scripts. By the way I have never had a uti or a kidney infection before, just thought I'd throw that in there. Anyway the reason I'm asking for yall's help is, it's been 7 days NO relief I'm hurting like H_ll!!!! I had 5 children and this pain is right up there with having the 1 I had natural with not even a aspirin!

It's been 3 days on the antibiotics and pain meds and nothing is changing the pain in my side and back is killing me, it hurts soo bad. Does any one think they should have did blood work on me and should the Dr have came in and gave me the news, I mean I know they were Very busy that morning but just a couple minutes of his time would have made me feel better. Also Should I go back to the Er today? I'm sorry I'm just so desperate at this point.

Sounds like a trip back to the doc is in order and for sure follow up with your bariatrics doc. No need to be in that much pain for that long. Even a really bad UTI should feel better after 3/4 days on meds. Good luck to you, hope you get some relief soon!

Ok I wanted to see if anyone could help me out by maybe giving me some advice especially if you went through this or someone you know. First tomorrow will be 1 month post op' date=' I Was fine the whole time even right after surgery, Then I started having a terrible pain in my side and back about 7 days ago went to the Er sat there about 45 minutes then Dr. Comes in I tell him what's hurting and tell him right before he walks out that I had the gastric sleeve done almost a month ago, he says ok leaves and never comes back then 2 hours then they give me a shot for pain that didnt even help then a while after that they did a urine test and a ct scan on me and after just sitting there hours but that's a whole different story. Then a nurse comes in with discharge papers and says ok heres your script for such and such I was like what's wrong with me she says oh you have a uti and kidney infection, then I say so NO leak and she kinda just looks at me funny and says noo, then she says oops brb she comes back and says that the Dr. Forgot to sign the scripts. By the way I have never had a uti or a kidney infection before, just thought I'd throw that in there. Anyway the reason I'm asking for yall's help is, it's been 7 days NO relief I'm hurting like H_ll!!!! I had 5 children and this pain is right up there with having the 1 I had natural with not even a aspirin!

It's been 3 days on the antibiotics and pain meds and nothing is changing the pain in my side and back is killing me, it hurts soo bad. Does any one think they should have did blood work on me and should the Dr have came in and gave me the news, I mean I know they were Very busy that morning but just a couple minutes of his time would have made me feel better. Also Should I go back to the Er today? I'm sorry I'm just so desperate at this point.[/quote']

Do you think you should call/email the NP at the doctor's office? I email her on weekends and she always responds quickly. Do you have her email? I can direct message it to you.

I did call and talk to Lisa before They said I should get down to the er and she said Dr. Cuttingham would see me there, he NEVER came. So idk maybe I should give her another call today.

Could it be gallbladder related? Something is def wrong. I'd call your surgeon before going back to ER.

Someone else here posted this week abt having a UTI & kidney infection. Do a search....unless it was you. :-)

Take care of yourself! Time to be pushy w the docs.

I had my gallbladder taken out about 12 years ago. And I think that was me who wrote about the uti and Kidney infections. Thanks I will have to do something I have 5 kids who depend on me cause their father works a lot.

I did call and talk to Lisa before They said I should get down to the er and she said Dr. Cuttingham would see me there' date=' he NEVER came. So idk maybe I should give her another call today.[/quote']

Yes! If you're still in pain, call her again!

Hey Daphne I thought I had her number but I don't you think you can send it to me please?

Thanks Marie

Call the surgeons office again. This is unacceptable. Pain like that "could" be from kidney stones but they should have mentioned something about passing them or breaking them up. I had a uti after surgery from my catheter and it hurt but mostly only when I was peeing. It sounds like the people in the ER don't know the possible complications of bariatric surgery. My doctor went over that with us and advised us always to call the office before going to the ER. Please feel better soon.

Thanks LessofKelly I called and left a message on My surgeons phone hopefully someone calls me back soon. Also another reason I don't think I have a uti infection I don't hurt when I pee I wonder if that matters or don't make a difference.

I think usually painful urinating is a standard. Of course there are no absolutes but I can safely say that for myself, pain while tinkling was always my big indicator. I get so angry when doctors offices take their time callig back on emergency weekend calls. I understand not everything is an "emergency" but you've had a lifechanging surgery and you deserve to feel comfortable while healing. Be a thorn until you have a satisfying answer.

Hey Daphne I thought I had her number but I don't you think you can send it to me please?

Thanks Marie

I don't have her number. I always just email her. I sent the email address to you in a direct message. Let me know that you got it.

I am nearly three months I had the Sam pain. The pain was worse than child birth pain. Turned out I had two kidney stones. Once they passed my urinary output improved so did the pain. When I was discharged the resident surgeon went through all the scan findings within. However I am in Australia only dr can discharge and tell patients the results. Good luck hope u it sorted soon.