Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

I HATE it when Bush puts on that "I'm just a good ole country boy from Texas" act of his. First of all, he isn't a Texan. Texans are born here and Bush was born in New Haven, CT. He was educated in the NE (Yale and Harvard....how "country" is that?) and after college, he went straight to a job in daddy's oil business. His summers were spent in Martha's Vineyard and Kennebunkport, his whole life. George Bush wouldn't make a pimple on a real Texan's a$$.

Barbara BuSh was born in NY

George H. W. Bush was born in Massachusetts

I don't know why Maine (of the Dixie Chicks) was embarrassed.

George W. BuSh is no Texan.

I told "gonnabethin" earlier in this thread: "No Flames from Me."

and then I suggestion to watch "Goldwater on Goldwater".

It is a documentary on HBO. It is a story told by his grand-daughter who was 5 years old when Barry Goldwater was running for president.

Today's Republicans, by and large are not conservatives.

Barry Goldwater was a conservative. I would have voted for Barry Goldwater for president in 1964, but then the voting age was 21 and I was 6 months too young. Hillary Clinton was one of the "Goldwater Girls", a type of cheerleader for the Arizona Senator.

I have change politically from what I was in 1964. But what is now being passed of as conservativism has changed much more since '64 than my philosophy has.

I I told "gonnabethin" that there would be no flames from me and I am sticking to that. "Gonnabethin" sounds much more like Barry Goldwater than BuSh or Cheney.

Barry Goldwater said that the conservatives of a few generations down the road will probably reclassify him as a liberal. Well not quite, but...

See "Mr. Conservative: Goldwater on Goldwater".

I am a proud Republican, I like George Bush for his morals, his honesty and yes, his cowboy attitdude. I do think Ronald Regan was much better President though. However thats not say I have not ever voted democratic. I voted for the democratic Gov my state has @ the moment. (I am sad to admit I voted for Jimmy Carter also, YIKES!) With that said it saddens me that the groups like the ACLU are trying take many of the very morals and standards our goverment was founded on out of our signs, our halls and our lives. Many (not Liberman) but many Democrats support such groups. I just can not. I also always know I am a republican any time I go to get car tags, deal with IRS any of these big messes the goverment supposedly does so well. Small goverment, less taxes, more family and by the way its alright to be a christian!

I'm a liberal democrat who managed to convert her conservative republicans (well, with a little help from George W. that is, LOL!!) I always work the local elections for the democratic party. I even worked the John Kerry campaign and got to go to Jon Bon Jovi's house for a political fundraiser.

I think the political stereotypes are ridiculous. Hmmm, balanced budget...haven't seen that since Clinton was in office. LOL!!!

I think its just fine to be christian, just not being one, I dont like it being tossed into our government. I understand the whole "what our country was based on" theory, its just our country was also based on religous persecution, slavery, genocide and a million other things that people would like to forget. I am one of the ones that does not want a statue of the ten comandments in a court building or school. I dont think it belongs there. Our country was founded because people were escaping religous persacution and seperation of church and state...so what happend?

Why is it ok for Christians rule the roost when it comes to moral high ground? It gets pretty old for those of us with different morals to hear a president like Bush preach about morals when I see him as nothing but a hippocrite. If he and his daddy would get their greedy hands out of the Saudis pockets then maybe I would have about an ounce of respect for him.

Sorry to rant!! Not meaning to offend! I work with some born agains who think their opinion is the only one to have. These are poeple who in my opinion didnt turn to God until they had liven a life that needed forgivness..full of lying and cheating. It gets to be a bit much at work. One of them wanted to start a ministry orphanage over seas and while I was praising him for reaching out, asked who was over there teaching about birth control and self esteem to the young teenage mothers who abanonded their children...you would have thought I threw pigs blood on him!!

Dear Scribby...

Not to start a big war or anything, but GENOCIDE???? In what respect was our nation founded on genocide?

But that question aside, I am a Christian who happens to agree with you. I don't want religion taught in the schools either. Have you noticed that the people who want to pass on "Christian values" via the public schools are only interested in spreading THEIR brand of Christianity? They would all pee their pants if I showed up to teach a classroom full of 5 year olds how to pray the Rosary.

Not all good people are Christians, and not all Christians are good people. But forgiveness....well, that's something we can all use, and unlike oil, let's hope it's never in short supply.

I also always know I am a republican any time I go to get car tags, deal with IRS any of these big messes the goverment supposedly does so well. Small goverment, less taxes, more family and by the way its alright to be a christian!

Dpingl...it's GREAT to be a Christian!

"Small government" would be nice, too. It ain't happening under Bush, though. "Less taxes"....who wouldn't like lower taxes, but how much good does it do to lower taxes when the cost of living is rising faster than wages?

The US deficit is in the trillions of dollars, and growing every day. Does that not worry you just a tiny bit?

We are fighting a war that cannot be won, on soil that we should never have trod on, while our real enemy laughs at us and plots more acts of terrorism.

Are you better off now than you were 8 years ago? Is the country better off? What exactly has George Bush done for you, to make you like him so much?

Has anyone ever seen the show "30 Days " by Morgan Spurlock ?

He's the guy that did " Super Size Me " It is a REALLY awesome Show.

One episode was an Antheist(sp) had to go live with a Conservative Christian Republican Family for 30 days . One of the "debates' During that time was the Athiests said " Why do WE who do not have to belive in God have to carry around Money on it 24/7 that says " In God We Trust" how would you as Christians Like to carry around Money that said " THERE IS NO GOD " on it " One of the Christians said " IF YOU DONT LIKE IT MOVE That's the WAY IT IS its OUR Way " There was also an episode when a Pro Choice Woman went to live in a Pro LIFE Womans Home for 30 Days. If you have never seen the show I highly recommend it. Its VERY good about letting you see both views of a position .

Mindy

Dear Scribby...

Not all good people are Christians, and not all Christians are good people. But forgiveness....well, that's something we can all use, and unlike oil, let's hope it's never in short supply.

Can you tell my Former best friend of 20 yrs that ? lol She Found God a few yrs ago and with that found the need to spew what ever she thought of you out of her mouth in the "name of God" regardless of if it might hurt your feelings or not . Well , Her and I are no longer speaking because you guessed it the main reason my SURGERY . She felt the need to tell me that I am an IDIOT to alter my body and if GOD wants me to be THIN he'll see it to be that way . :rolleyes She is also "mad" at me because after 7 yrs of marriage my husband started his own business and We are no longer broke as a door mat . SO My point ? Be christian, be a Good christian, But dont use it as a reason to be a holier than though , shove it down others throats, push your opinions on others and MOST OF all ( Ive seen this more times than I can count ) DONT use it to be an A$$ . LOL

Sorry I guess I needed to vent that out . lol

Mindy:faint:

Mindy...

I have heard of "30 Days", but haven't seen it. I did see "Supersize Me" and found it very enlightening. I will definitely be on the lookout for "30 Days".

My way of thinking has changed a lot since I reached my majority some 35+ years ago. Life has changed me....taught me, maybe I should say. I've learned that bad things often happen to good people, and hardly anyone gets what he/she deserves.

I've learned that good parents don't necessarily produce good kids, and that it's a much greater accomplishment to graduate from college if you're poor than if you were born privileged, but hardly anyone seems to notice that.

I've learned that money buys lots of things it shouldn't.

I've learned that it's a lot easier to take a firm stand against abortion when you are the parent of all boys.

I've learned that you can't trust anyone completely - not your pastor, your president, or your kids. And if you think you can, you're a fool.

I've learned that you cannot save people from themselves.

And I've learned that nothing is the end of the world, except the end of the world.

Can you tell my Former best friend of 20 yrs that ? lol She Found God a few yrs ago and with that found the need to spew what ever she thought of you out of her mouth in the "name of God" regardless of if it might hurt your feelings or not . Well , Her and I are no longer speaking because you guessed it the main reason my SURGERY . She felt the need to tell me that I am an IDIOT to alter my body and if GOD wants me to be THIN he'll see it to be that way . :rolleyes She is also "mad" at me because after 7 yrs of marriage my husband started his own business and We are no longer broke as a door mat . SO My point ? Be christian, be a Good christian, But dont use it as a reason to be a holier than though , shove it down others throats, push your opinions on others and MOST OF all ( Ive seen this more times than I can count ) DONT use it to be an A$$ . LOL

Sorry I guess I needed to vent that out . lol

Mindy:faint:

I have never had a problem with a Christian who quotes Christ.

Most of my problems with Christians come from people who claim to be Christian but only quote the "Old Testament".

Next time a Christian annoys you, ask them to quote the Beatitudes.

THE EIGHT BEATITUDES OF JESUS

"Blessed are the poor in spirit,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

Blessed are they who mourn,

for they shall be comforted.

Blessed are the meek,

for they shall inherit the earth.

Blessed are they who hunger and thirst for righteousness,

for they shall be satisfied.

Blessed are the merciful,

for they shall obtain mercy.

Blessed are the pure of heart,

for they shall see God.

Blessed are the peacemakers,

for they shall be called children of God.

Blessed are they who are persecuted for the sake of righteousness,

for theirs is the kingdom of heaven."

Gospel of Matthew 5:3-10

Carlene, Very Good points and I totally agree.

Do check out 30 Days, I think it comes on the Bravo Channel.

Its gets my husband and I into some great conversations. My 14 yr old likes watching it too .

Mindy

I have never had a problem with a Christian who quotes Christ.

Most of my problems with Christians come from people who claim to be Christian but only quote the "Old Testament".

Next time a Christian annoys you, ask them to quote the Beatitudes.

THAT I Can do and I am saving this one. Thanks Old Man

Mindy

She felt the need to tell me that I am an IDIOT to alter my body and if GOD wants me to be THIN he'll see it to be that way .

Mindy...

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard, and you are better off without "friends" like that.

I suppose, if you took that kind of logic to its natural conclusion, you could say that:

If God had meant for you to fly, He would have given you wings.

If God didn't want childbirth to be painful, He would alleviate the pain Himself, so no drugs.

If God wants your teeth to rot, so be it. Don't brush or floss and don't visit your dentist twice a year.

How many children does your friend have? If God wants her to have one every year, maybe she should not interfere with His plan by using birth control.

My DH is from West Virginia. There is a whole sect of people in the mountains who believe this way. They are called "snake handlers" and as part of their regular church services, they handle poisonous snakes. The idea is that if God wants you to be bitten (or even die), you will and if He doesn't, you won't. If you have faith, it's supposed to protect you. As for myself, I have faith. I also have some degree of common sense. I do not believe that the two are mutually exclusive.

Mindy...

That's the dumbest thing I ever heard, and you are better off without "friends" like that.

I suppose, if you took that kind of logic to its natural conclusion, you could say that:

If God had meant for you to fly, He would have given you wings.

If God didn't want childbirth to be painful, He would alleviate the pain Himself, so no drugs.

If God wants your teeth to rot, so be it. Don't brush or floss and don't visit your dentist twice a year.

How many children does your friend have? If God wants her to have one every year, maybe she should not interfere with His plan by using birth control.

Well She found God because her son died of SIDS 6 yrs ago . Which I totally understand. However , She needs to remeber the person she was before and not judge people for things #1 that one use to do themselves and #2 just do not judge period. Her last child she had though she stopped taking BC and said " When its meant to be its meant to be " But they didnt really want anymore . So they did leave it up to God for that. I dunno Like you said I have some common sense too . SHe and I were really good friends for yrs , and the church changed her. Now its like im not good enough for her and frankly I think her church tells her not to associate with those outside of the church . Its kind of creepy . But thats a whole other subject. Like you said im better off with out her as a friend .

Mindy