Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Poll - Democrat or Republican?

What Political Party Do You Vote For?  

2 members have voted

1. 1. What Political Party Do You Vote For?

• Democrat
    • Republican
    • Independent
    • I Don't Vote

Hmm maybe the tranlation was messed up lol, and it was actually sliver-in the tounge?? hehe.

Ohhh I just thought of something, that other Governor of TX, that lady, said I believe about Bush senior .. He couldn't help being born with a silver foot in his mouth?? lol does that count?

LOL It was Ann Richards and If I am not mistaken she said it about George W Bush . When she was running against him the Governors Election .

During one Democratic Party Fundraiser She came out and said " I thought y'all might want to hear what a REAL Texas accent sounds like " She was full of great quotes lol

Mindy :clap2:

I think she should have been president!! Ever notice ppl with wit and sense of humor are really smart a lot of times.

During one Democratic Party Fundraiser She came out and said " I thought y'all might want to hear what a REAL Texas accent sounds like " She was full of great quotes lol

I HATE it when Bush puts on that "I'm just a good ole country boy from Texas" act of his. First of all, he isn't a Texan. Texans are born here and Bush was born in New Haven, CT. He was educated in the NE (Yale and Harvard....how "country" is that?) and after college, he went straight to a job in daddy's oil business. His summers were spent in Martha's Vineyard and Kennebunkport, his whole life. George Bush wouldn't make a pimple on a real Texan's a$$.

I Clean houses for a lady that was really good friends with Ann Richards.

She was telling me a story the other day .>.... Lets see if i can tell it and do it justice. Basically Back in the day Ann was a looker: Ann, a Reporter from ta big time magazine ( who was known to WRITE What ever You say ) and 2 other guys were sitting at the Texas Chili Parlor . (Famous Austin Politican Hang out) This Conservative TX JUDGE Walks up and shakes everyones hand but one guys( he was african american) He asks the African American Guy " What's your name BOY " the guy says " Mr Z ( We'll call him) , he extends his hand to skake the judges hand and the judge puts his finger on the mans palm " then the judge looks over to Ann and says " WELL whats your name you sweet little lady " She looks over shakes his hand and says " HI IM MRS.Z "

ROFLMAO The Judge about crapped his pants. Needless to say it was written up in the Magazine how much of an ASS the judge was !

the lady I clean house for Says Ann was a HOOT .

Just thought ide share.

Mindy

I Clean houses for a lady that was really good friends with Ann Richards.

She was telling me a story the other day .>.... Lets see if i can tell it and do it justice. Basically Back in the day Ann was a looker: Ann, a Reporter from ta big time magazine ( who was known to WRITE What ever You say ) and 2 other guys were sitting at the Texas Chili Parlor . (Famous Austin Politican Hang out) This Conservative TX JUDGE Walks up and shakes everyones hand but one guys( he was african american) He asks the African American Guy " What's your name BOY " the guy says " Mr Z ( We'll call him) , he extends his hand to skake the judges hand and the judge puts his finger on the mans palm " then the judge looks over to Ann and says " WELL whats your name you sweet little lady " She looks over shakes his hand and says " HI IM MRS.Z "

ROFLMAO The Judge about crapped his pants. Needless to say it was written up in the Magazine how much of an ASS the judge was !

the lady I clean house for Says Ann was a HOOT .

Just thought ide share.

Mindy

I LOVE IT!!!! Reminds me of a girlfriend of mine - a tall, thin, very WASPy looking woman. She used to be a foster mom and one of her first kids was an adorable little bi-racial baby. She had him in her grocery cart and a strange woman came up and started baby-talking him. The woman turned to my friend Carol and said, "He's darling. Is his father black?"

"Yes", said Carol, "But don't mention it to my husband, because he isn't."

Democrats do not flame minorities. That's why we're Democrats, remember?

ROFLOLSCOMNHWLAST

(roll on floor, laughing out loud, shooting coffee out my nose, hooting with laughter, and snorting too)

Socially liberal, fiscally conservative Demo! Better dead than Red! Woot! (just kidding, both sets of grandperents were American Comunists during the 30's, Union Organizers)

So, right now, I'm safely at home, in Seattle, but I will eventually need to return to my land of exile, SE Idaho, the land where Mormons go because Utah is too Liberal. :):help:

Now then, Some of you know I was a welfare mother when my first husband left me. It put me through my technical college and permitted me to get a great paying job in the tech industry, where I was able to get a job that alowed me to pay lots of taxes. I dont mind paying taxes for the good things that we need, like social programs that keep little kids and their mammas off the streets, warm, fed, and educated. And all those other happy things that we need and want. And for some of the stupid things that I dont' think we need, but I won't go into those here (gas and oil subsidies. Oops did I say that out loud?)

So the reason I'm going into exile in SE ID is because I'm a recipient of a full ride scholarship, (THANKS EVERYONE!) funded through the National Science Foundation. At one of the symposiums we attend to get to know our future employers (our Federal Government) we met several of our new cohort for the first time. The first thing this one little boy says to me is that he feels that social programs are stealing money from his pocket, and that welfare progams should be abolished.

Not the thing to say to a former Welfare Mother, bent on destroying the social fabric of the US of A... ... The guys who knew me had to just about physically restrain me... So I told him that he needed to quit the program, since it was a full ride program, and he was sucking at the teat of the American taxpayer, just the same as a welfare mother. That got a good number of spit takes going... Just saying "teat" at the dinner table with a bunch of Mormons...

But one of the guys wanted desperately to move back to Portland where he could be a Conservate again. He hated being a Liberal in Pocatello Idaho.

Liberal Democrat - big surprise. :heh:

What I don't understand... How is it that Republicans say they're republican because they're against big government - and yet, we have the biggest government EVER. Biggest deficit EVER. Are republicans really okay with spending 100 billion dollars overseas, but begrudge a helping hand to fellow less fortunate Americans?

How many social programs for Americans could we have run with 100 billion dollars?

I'm not for supporting anyone who can support themselves, but believe it or not - sometimes bad things happen to good people, and being on the down and out doesn't necessarily mean you did anything to deserve it. And if you did make a few bad decisions and you need a hand back up - I don't mind helping out. Heck - if people with degrees in finance can't keep the savings and loan atrocities from happening, how can we expect more from plain ol' regular folk???

Anyway, I'm confused about this D=bigger government assumption, because as far as I can tell, it seems to be just the opposite under the current R administration...

WOW I am not sure what to do with myself in what seems to be so far the MAJORITY . Im so use to this damn Bush loving red state of Texas I live in .

Its kind of nice being amoung others even if just for a moment . LOL

:clap2::hippie::peace::usa2::usa::rockon: Oops sorry got a little happy

I'm not for supporting anyone who can support themselves, but believe it or not - sometimes bad things happen to good people, and being on the down and out doesn't necessarily mean you did anything to deserve it. And if you did make a few bad decisions and you need a hand back up - I don't mind helping out.

Welfare reform was accomplished by a Democratic administration, lest we forget.

The people receiving entitlement benefits - food stamps, Medicaid, Section 8, WIC, etc - are mostly (by a HUGE majority) elderly folks and children under the age of 18. If you kicked everyone off those roles between the ages of 18 and 61, the savings to you, in the form of lower taxes, would be negligible.

Geez....food and basic medical care are pretty Spartan "benefits", don't you think? We are the richest country in the world. Our pets live better than a large part of the Earth's human population. There will be children and old people who go to bed hungry tonight in the USA, and for that we should be ashamed of ourselves.

How about this one...I live outside of DC, so there is no escaping politics. I was raised mormon, my dad is a lifelong NRA member, pro lifer die hard republican. My mother voted for Bush because he was "cute" (thre up in my mouth a little even typing that) and I am about as liberable as they come being a pro-choice, agnostic democrat.

We just dont discuss politics with the family....