Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Tried Refried Beans With Melted Cheese

Well today is my 7 day post op. I have felt great since day 3!! I am so ready to move on to puréed foods but don't see my doctor until the 25th. So this evening for supper I had 2 tbsp of refried Beans with a tiny bit of shredded cheese melted on top. I hope that wasn't a huge no no, but it sounded so good!!!!

shell thats a no no girl no solids for antoher few weeks. how do you feel? did you feel full when you ate it ? im so jealous

Ya I wouldn't do that either. This is the time your sleeve is healing and youre high risk for leak.

I'm still on Clear liquids. My mom just made my family a nice dinner. Oh how I want to eat too :(

SleeveShelly. While its not advised you know your body. I have noticed some Drs send there pts home on purée food. I am curious if this set well with your stomach as I am 7 days out and wanting to try the same thing. Thanks and Goodluck

Please please google "vsg leaks" or read threads here on leaks. They are dangerous and potentially deadly. Pushing food too early is the leading cause. Stick to your surgeons plan and not your own plan. They are experts for a reason. Take good care of yourself and don't push it.

You should do exactly what your doctor told you to do. He knows best about the risks etc. I'm sure you knew going into this that there were going to be temptations after the surgery that would be hard to say no to, but you still have to... I think this was one of those times.

Goodluck with it :)

It settled fine and tasted great!!! I too am on a full liquid diet but when I left the hospital my dr told me I could try puréed when I was ready. It made me very satisfied and full!! I have also tried a scrambled egg with a 1/2 piece of Kraft singles melted in it like two days ago and did well with that but was only able to eat 1tbsp cuz I felt so full. Today for Breakfast I smashed up a little hunk of a real banana and slowly ate that as well.

I was just moved to creams from liquids today. I am 8 days post op (sleeved on the 11th) I was so excited, but as soon as I ate my cream, although I didn't think I would, I could feel a BIG difference, I was only able to eat 1/4 cup and felt like that was going to come up. I guess by the end of 2 weeks on the creams, I will be used to it. I sure hope so. I was so excited and now I am a little scared for the next time I eat.

Refried Beans, cheese and eggs sounds divine but I dont think my little tummy is ready for it yet, although I am! haha

People why does every one on here become experts

I don't read anyone claiming to be an expert, just friendly people responding to a post for help according to what their surgeons have told them. If you don't want answers, don't ask.

I don't read anyone claiming to be an expert' date=' just friendly people responding to a post for help according to what their surgeons have told them. If you don't want answers, don't ask.[/quote']

I must also have missed the posts with the expert advice because all I see is people sharing their own personal experience and their own doctors recommendations. Because it was solicited. I'm actually thankful for this thread because I'm 8 days out today and was reeeeeallly contemplating something more consistent than Water or ensure today, I'll wait until I see my doctor on Monday, I know I didn't get to 325lbs by making the best decisions for me so it's best I wait. Good luck to the brave attempters, I'm jealous! :)

yea each doc is differant. i have kaiser and half the stuff ppl say they do on here is a no no for me but thats my doc and healthcare team. imstill jealous i want Beans and cheese.lol

It really is incredible the vast differences between surgeons. My paperwork specifically says Clear Liquids for two weeks and don't add Protein. Which is definitely not the directive a lot of people got. I got done at Yale by Dr. Roberts and am extremely pleased so far. I'm not completely in love with the way the office is handled (it's a partnership with three surgeons and several post doctoral students) You call, leave a message and they'll get back to you within 24-48 hours. Most of the time.