Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

4 Months Post-Op And Experiencing Pain

I've had a very uneventful recovery. I am now 4mths post-op and I've been experiencing a few issues.

1. It seems everything I eat is giving me an overwhelming full feeling. I stopped having the slimies a month ago and didn't have anymore vomiting episodes. Now it seems to be coming back.
  2. I have pain in my butt and upper thigh area right below my butt. I can't stand fully erect. I don't know if I should see my surgeon or orthopedic doctor.
  3. I'm having trouble urinating. I had this problem my first month but it seems to have come back. I want to pee and my bladder feel full but I have to strain and strain to pee. Although, I feel like I have to go it won't come on it's on.
  4. I keep gaining and losing the same 3lbs over the past two weeks

Has anyone else experienced these issues or had a set back at 4mths post-op?

I'd start with your surgeon and PCP. You may have a UTI in addition to the other pains your dealing with. Good luck. :)

I am only pre-op, but what I have researched, could it be a stricture?

bmi.png

Wow, really? 3 different answers from 3 different responders.....

phatdivabbw, I think your best and only approach here is to see either your surgeon or your PCP and get a full check-up. The "stall" is probably normal (I've had quite a few and I'm 4+ months post-op), but the pain, urination issues and eating problems are something that need investigation, without delay.

None of us are qualified to give you good medical advice here (even those of us in the medical profession). You need to be physically examined, blood work, urine, etc. taken and proper consultations done.

Please follow up with a medical team as soon as you can get booked, and if anything gets worse, then just go straight to the ER.

Let us know how you are doing!

Never gave advice. it was just a thought. Gawd

bmi.png

Doesn't sound like it has anything to do with your sleeve. Your doctor will be able to assist you.

I've had a very uneventful recovery. I am now 4mths post-op and I've been experiencing a few issues.

1. It seems everything I eat is giving me an overwhelming full feeling. I stopped having the slimies a month ago and didn't have anymore vomiting episodes. Now it seems to be coming back.

2. I have pain in my butt and upper thigh area right below my butt. I can't stand fully erect. I don't know if I should see my surgeon or orthopedic doctor.

3. I'm having trouble urinating. I had this problem my first month but it seems to have come back. I want to pee and my bladder feel full but I have to strain and strain to pee. Although, I feel like I have to go it won't come on it's on.

4. I keep gaining and losing the same 3lbs over the past two weeks

Has anyone else experienced these issues or had a set back at 4mths post-op?

I still get the abnormally overly full feeling sometimes. There are times when I can eat but a few bites and some days when very dense food doesn't feel good. Just listen to your body and have Soup and yogurt that day.

I don't like the very full feeling at all. What I do is portion and weigh my food for the work day and eat it slowly throughout the day. This won't work for all, but it works for me.

I also had the urination problem. For about a month around month four, I felt as you do. It may have been a UTI. I'm not sure. I took cranberry extract and drank even more Water and it resolved. That wasn't smart though. Bladder infections can progress to kidney infections.

Never gave advice. it was just a thought. Gawd

Hence the reason I did not directly say anything to the "3 responders". I was not trying to make you feel bad, but pointing out that the most prudent and safe route was to see a medical professional.

Please toughen up your skin a bit. I was not attacking you.

I have, in the past, offered my own experiences as "thoughts", and relayed information from research as well. But pointing out serious and scary complications (such a stricture) can certainly put people in panic mode and cause anxiety which may be completely unwarranted.

Naturally you have the right to disagree, and if so, I will accept that.

My main concern was to have the OP seek medical attention and be SURE of what's going on with her, rather than have her awash in a sea of possibilities (some mild, others not) and not get resolution, or worse, try to treat herself and make things worse.

Hence the reason I did not directly say anything to the "3 responders". I was not trying to make you feel bad' date=' but pointing out that the most prudent and safe route was to see a medical professional.

Please toughen up your skin a bit. I was not attacking you.

I have, in the past, offered my own experiences as "thoughts", and relayed information from research as well. But pointing out serious and scary complications (such a stricture) can certainly put people in panic mode and cause anxiety which may be completely unwarranted.

Naturally you have the right to disagree, and if so, I will accept that.

My main concern was to have the OP seek medical attention and be SURE of what's going on with her, rather than have her awash in a sea of possibilities (some mild, others not) and not get resolution, or worse, try to treat herself and make things worse.[/quote']

Please don't address me again. You don't know me, or how really tough my skin is. I helped developed a telephone triage protocol for a large ***, back when telephone advice lines were in their infancy. Which is why I was not going to give any medical advice, just share a tought. Perhaps you should think on the words you choose before posting them.

bmi.png

I think when people come on here with problems, they are just looking for some insight. At the end of the day, people end up calling their doctor/surgeon :) But that's why this forum exists, so we can feel comfort and maybe alleviate are own worries.

Oh and I'm pre op as well and it sounds like a gallbladder problem. I hope you feel better and find out what's going on :(

I look at as giving reasons someone should go see his/her surgeon due to the many complications the problem could be. Everyone on here are coming from their hearts and wanting to help. Maybe we should stop coming to this site? I thought it was support and encouragement. I am seeing too many people getting hurt in some way and that is fully not my intent. I hope the OP does not get offended by this stuff.

Thanks everyone! Pre-op and Post-op this site has been wonderful. We come here because we all are on a similar path. It helps me to hear if anyone else is experiencing the same issues I have. Ultimately, I will visit the doctor but I also feel a sense of support and encouragement.

This can be a lonely road. My doctor didn't even know what SLIMES were. I had to explain its an internet term. Now he uses it when we meet. LOL

Thanks everyone, Remember we are a TEAM! (TOGETHER EVERYONE ACHIEVES MORE)