Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Has anyone else been going through major impatience at just wanting to reach our goal weight right now?

I feel so ridiculous because there is no way I would have lost weight prior to this surgery at this rate and I should be feeling (and do) so grateful. But the goal is getting closer and I'm just wanting to get this journey completed in order to focus on to other personal goals. The more weight loss there is, the more I realise I'm still me. That the thinner me didn't change who I am inside.

I had to attend a seminar today for work, and there were all of these women, very trim and professionally dressed. I looked in my reflection in the mirror and for the first time, I could see my own body shape not standing out from them as it used to before when I was at my highest weight. It felt good.

No I don't have either of the thyroid or the other you mentioned. I'm just slow. Yet I am having the Hairloss problem.

Pcos is poly cystic ovarian syndrome. It is a hormonal/metabolic issue women have. The signs are no period, Hair loss, facial Hair growth, weight gain and other wonderful things. One of the issues is it is really hard to lose weight even with weight loss surgery. They recommend a very low carb diet with this because the way we break down sugar is like that of a diabetic. Metformin is a medication that we take to help with the symptoms. The dr says that as we lose weight the symptoms improve but nothing has changed here for me. I have not had my period since my daughter was born in October of 2010! Almost 2 1/2 years. If you have any of these symptoms it might behoove you to get it checked out! :)

GREEN- I am on 1000 mg right now. My surgeon said Ido t have to take it but my obgyn told me to continue taking it. Who do I listen to??

I'm a little bit colder but it had been extra chilly in SoCal this winter! This week it is 78-8o degrees though so it nice to warm my feet up again!

I was able to go into a store today and pick out a pair of slacks for work and they fit. A size 10!!! From a size 18/20. 30lbs to goal. One day at a time.

212lbs

160lbs........ goal 130lbs :)

Awesome!!!! I can not WAIT to b a size 10!

Hello from beautiful but chilly Houston! Yesterday it was 26 degrees in the morning! So unusual for us. I love cold weather but have definitely noticed a change in my body's tolerance of it since the weight loss began. Anyway, I have been out of commission for awhile with travel and then I got a virus on my computer that made my entire technology world come crashing down on me. Sigh. But I think I am good now...just have to change a billion passwords now. No bueno! So wanted to put a thought out on here and wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. Do any of you have to travel for work? Well, I was traveling the past couple of weeks to visit my parents and wow, I CANNOT make it through airport security anymore. Every time I trigger the magnetometer and thus have to have the full criminal pat down by TSA. I have worn different bras thinking it was the underwire but nope. They repeatedly ask me if I have any metal IN my person and I say "no nothing beyond surgical staples." And they respond all the time "those won't trigger it." Uh, yes, they do! I have decided....I have had previous surgeries and it has never been a problem-well maybe one other time I had to be patted down. But now, it is EVERY time. So my thought is that with the gastric sleeve there are SO MANY staples and they are probably triple layered and basically are all clumped together so it triggers the metal detector now. Anyway, it is a total pain in the ass to say the least. Anyone else dealt with this?

momto3girls, I just went from DFW to Las Vegas and back through Phoenix right after Christmas and did not trigger the detector, and besides my staples I have hardware in my neck and arm from previous surgeries after a car accident! Maybe the scanners were set extra sensitive that day or something. But, they did take my greek yogurt out my bag because I did not realize it counted as a liquid! They pulled me to the side and I had to throw it away! But did make it through with nuts and beef Jerky and Peanut Butter packets :rolleyes: !

I have not flown since the surgery but that has cross my mind. It is always embarrassing when the detector goes off and you have to do the search.

Has anyone else been going through major impatience at just wanting to reach our goal weight right now?

I feel so ridiculous because there is no way I would have lost weight prior to this surgery at this rate and I should be feeling (and do) so grateful. But the goal is getting closer and I'm just wanting to get this journey completed in order to focus on to other personal goals. The more weight loss there is' date=' the more I realise I'm still me. That the thinner me didn't change who I am inside.

I had to attend a seminar today for work, and there were all of these women, very trim and professionally dressed. I looked in my reflection in the mirror and for the first time, I could see my own body shape not standing out from them as it used to before when I was at my highest weight. It felt good.[/quote']

Yes yes and yes! I am so obsessed it is ridiculous. Especially when the scale has not moved in a few days. I'm like "I've only lost 50 pounds"? Then I check myself and say "wow, I lost 50 pounds"!! This has been an emotional roller-coaster for me. Excitement and disappointment on what seems to be a daily basis. Can not wait to reach goal!

We must have posted around the same time because I didn't see this? But I'm interested to see what your doc says. I don't like TOM- not my friend! How far along are you?

I went in to see my doctor/surgeon for my 3.5 month follow up yesterday morning. I felt like a whipped dog with her tail between her legs when I got on that scale for the "official" weigh in. It said 165. Two weeks prior I was at 161.

When I visited with my doctor I told him it was my TOM and that I had already hit a plateau anyway. He had already asked me to stop drinking shakes, so I had pretty much done that. I had around 500-800 calories a day during those two weeks.

His response really surprised me because he is a tough love type of guy.

He said do not have unrealistic expectations and day to day scale numbers and even week to week scale numbers are irrelevant. What matters is over several months, 6 months, a year, two years. He was also referring to the fact that in 3.5 months I have already lost more than half of my excess weight and don't have nearly as far to go now.

My defeating voice in my head keeps saying that its over. I was lucky to lose this much and just don't gain any back. I've had lots of practice over many years of feeling like this from diets, then the weight plus extra creeps back. I know it will get better, I've just got the blues for a few days.

Delta girl, I really understand and could feel your blues. Hugs! Emotionally, this progress is as important as what we're experiencing physically. Personally, at this four month stage or around the mid goal stage, it seems like the emotional is more important. We're staying on track and have seen some results but we're not finished yet. We're accountable not only to ourselves but our surgeons and his team. Some of us are impatient just wanting to reach goal weight, some of us may still be working through physical challenges. I hope your blues turn around soon. :) I'm trying to stop projecting so much worry in my future (tough) but I do wonder if I will ever drop more pants sizes because I feel like the loss has shown everywhere else except my butt! I cant wait to fit in smaller pants sizes and shorts for the summer.

Update Seems like I can only Lose weight doing I 48 hour liquid diet that is such a huge shame my nutritionalists wants me on a 48-hour diet of liquids again this weekend that is how it was able To lose weight last weekend but did not lose any all week. But I think it might be a carbs issue so I'm lowering my carbs to no more than 10 cards for Saturday and 10 on Sunday and seeing how that works. I'm only down 35lbs :( sleeve 9/26/12 started at 244 today I'm 209 So at this point I'm very frustrated and very disappointed.

P.s I don't think I'll ever figure out how to type on this stupid phone he kind lol

Sent from my iPhone using VST

Just checking in ! Hope every one is doing great! I'm starting to get so many compliments its so nice, and I've always had a pretty face so people would say but now it's weird I'm thinner and I swear people treat me differently! Weird:/ welp down to 181 today so that's 66 down and what 45 to go, it's slowing down but I'm

So happy! :)

Brandy wine, I agree, it is nice that so many people are commenting positively on my loss. Best thing I have ever done besides having my daughter!! ????

Hello from beautiful but chilly Houston! Yesterday it was 26 degrees in the morning! So unusual for us. I love cold weather but have definitely noticed a change in my body's tolerance of it since the weight loss began. Anyway, I have been out of commission for awhile with travel and then I got a virus on my computer that made my entire technology world come crashing down on me. Sigh. But I think I am good now...just have to change a billion passwords now. No bueno! So wanted to put a thought out on here and wondering if any of you have experienced the same thing. Do any of you have to travel for work? Well, I was traveling the past couple of weeks to visit my parents and wow, I CANNOT make it through airport security anymore. Every time I trigger the magnetometer and thus have to have the full criminal pat down by TSA. I have worn different bras thinking it was the underwire but nope. They repeatedly ask me if I have any metal IN my person and I say "no nothing beyond surgical staples." And they respond all the time "those won't trigger it." Uh, yes, they do! I have decided....I have had previous surgeries and it has never been a problem-well maybe one other time I had to be patted down. But now, it is EVERY time. So my thought is that with the gastric sleeve there are SO MANY staples and they are probably triple layered and basically are all clumped together so it triggers the metal detector now. Anyway, it is a total pain in the ass to say the least. Anyone else dealt with this?

I travel nearly week and haven't triggered on the staples. However, jeans with thick seams/buttons will do it. TSA also told me that tampons can occasionally trigger (ewwww TMI!) With the new total body scans, it's about density more than metal.

HI EVERYBODY, been MIA damn jury duty last week, and what a week i barely got cals in i dont even know my protien because i wasnt watching it. i was so thown off, and stressed scale move like 1/4 oz damn. its getting slower and slower. but i am in a sze 16 now but im not happy with my wieght loss so far. i missed you guys but i am here today. back to jury dury tomorrow.