Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

Oh boy. This sucks. Well im no expert but i do know (from experience) that it takes TWO to make a marriage work. But with your new life change id say right now you need to work on YOU. You had this surgery for a reason. You want to be healthty and happy! So maybe start with the healthy and focus on that goal since he is not on board right now. Get yourself right and healthy. To me your health is and should be most important. Maybe hell come around in the meantime. But as my mom used to say "you can lead a horse to Water but you cant make him drink". So you just gotta do you girl.

Thanks for your comments I took your advice and I am working on me and I am not letting him get to me...thanks...all I could think about when I read your post was that if he had to do anything like cook for himself he would starve..lol...he is so dependent and just down right lazy at times...oh well he he'd rather eat a cup of noodles than cook than I hope he enjoys them noodles! Lol

MKNMORE- I am so sorry you are going through this. I have been with my hubby for 20 years and believe me' date=' we have had our ups and downs. I left him a couple times. All marriages have challenges BUT I was told during our Psych evaluation that the divorce rate is way high for bariatric patients. So is depression. I would not do anything drastic right now. I know at my church, we offer couselling for free and that may be an option. Leaving should be the absolute last resort unless he is abusing you or your children. You need to get to a point where you are happy regardless of him and what he is doing. Men do not know how to communicate at all! I always hear the stories of the women where their husbands are so great. But I am sure they all have bad qualities. Just think of the good things and why you married him and try to go back t o that. Until then, maybe you can get some individual counseling . Like I said maybe at a church or there are other public counseling for free.[/quote']

I also took some of your advice about seeking a counselor...we went to our priest and he basically listened and mediated but not a lot of progress...

So I am down 53 lbs starting at 235 day of surgery to 182...size 20-22 down to 12-14! I am really excited except for the extra skin I am noticing...I really need to join a gym but the ones that are affordable are either far away from me, don't have a daycare, or don't have hours that work for me...I wish I knew someone that would help me especially since my docs office no longer has the cute little fit woman to show us what exercises I need to do and how to do them...now that have a middle aged man who is not even in shape his self trying to tell me what I need to do...yea like I'm going to take advice from someone that is not using the technics himself! I think I'm going to have to find an affordable trainer...

Oh man! Sorry to hear about all of this. I have to admit- I feel very similar with the husband scenario. I'm trying like heck to fight through it all but it's not easy. Hang in there- Prayers and hugs

Well things are about the same with my hubby...I work a lot so that helps but when I am home I can never do anything right in his eyes..so tired of arguing but I too am trying to hang in there....I hope things are better on your end!

Hello ladies!! I miss you all! I get soo busy at work and with the holidays I am not even able to pee anymore without feeling it is an inconvenience!

So I am down 43 pounds. I too was sad that it was not 60 or more. I really do have to say that it half the surgery and half will power. I mess up' date=' alot, but for the most part I am trying to make healthier choices. I do indulge occasionally especially with Starbucks Chai Tea, but it is once a week only. I am so proud of everyone here whether it be 20 pounds or 60 pounds. We all want the weight loss soooo bad and it is dissapointing when it is not super fast but you all keep trying. I am actually happy it is only a couple of pounds a week otherwise we would have super saggy skin.

I told myself that even if this is all I will lose, I will be happy since i could have not lost a pound if it werent for this sleeve.

So I want to challenge you all to a new healthier year WITH exercise. Lets keep our momentum going and get into a bathing suit (ok Board Shorts) come Summer. What do you say?? Who's in???[/quote']

Are you going to start a healthy summer thread, because I'm in. This will be the first summer in 30 yrs that I won't be wearing a plus size bathing suit, I might as well try to be in the best shape I can be so I can enjoy it - even if its just at the pool in our backyard.

Velena- I will definitely consider that! I just dont want to lose track of everyone on this thread!

MKNMO- Congrats! 12/14?? So awesome!!

MOMto3- OMG you look great! You and I are virtually going at the same pace. I too was a 24 to an 18 and I was soo happy. Keep up the good work.

Jenn- I HEAR YOU. I hate to exercise but when I do I feel sooo much better about myself.

MGMA- Thank you! You look like a hot mamma too! Wish we all lived by eachother to have a girls night out! lol

GREEN- Thank you thank you for all of your support and encouragement, I really value that!

Thanks for the compliment KParker! I went today for my 3 month checkup. OMG! 1 hour and 20 min just to get in a room and then felt totally rushed with the doctor. Done in less than 10 min I think. Plus a 1 hour+ drive each way=ugh. But the good news is that my official 3 month loss is 45.5. I am happy! He said that the next 3 months will be about half of that. Boo! All my lab work was OK. I get to stop taking B12 and iron..just have to stay on Multivitamin and Calcium. And of course he stressed the importance of exercise. Hope to get on that in the new year since bathing suit season is right around the corner. Not sure WHAT kind of bathing suit to even look for since I hopefully won't be plus size by then..but yet not even close to being ready for a 2 piece. Any suggestions? We have a boat so I have to look good....LOL! OK, need to get off this computer and get to wrapping gifts. I am such a procrastinator.

i guess everyone is busy with christmas approching. well today for the first time since surgery i forgot to eat a meal. a snack but im not hungry and i was sipping on a coffee anyway. now i have to make up later for it dang it