Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

lunch time. 2 oz low sodium turkey breast, 1/2 slice light chedder chz, 3 romaine lettuce leafs, onion and Tomato. wrap it up like a roll and walla yummy sandwich.post-59430-13838396777132_thumb.jpg

post-19980-13813660959939_thumb.jpg

SUEPEEPS- SERIOUSLY!!!! LOL

Getting There- well said and calculated. I am not worried a bit. Just a bite of everything and I will be more than content.

NGMA- I had virtually the same thing minus the cheese!

kparker it was so dang good. and for dinner im having homemade tacos yummy

With everyone expressing concern about over-eating on Thanksgiving' date=' consider this (taken from My Fitness Pal):

2 oz white meat turkey - 70 calories

1/8 C cornbread dressing - 37 calories

1/8 C mashed potatoes (made with whole milk & butter) - 30 calories

1/8 C mashed sweet potatoes - 23 calories

1/8 C green bean casserole - 23 calories

1/4 C turkey gravy - 25 calories

So IF you could eat all of the above, your total calorie intake would be a whopping 208 calories.

Gee whiz - worries gone! No, you might not get in all of your Protein - for this ONE day. And you might exceed your carbs - for this ONE day. But really, at 208 calories I'm not even thinking about being bothered by this at all (and let's face it, NO WAY can any of us eat that much in one sitting).

Now the big "gotcha" will be the Desserts. A slice of pumpkin or pecan pie has about 400 calories (1/8 of 9" pie). But ya know, the 2-3 bites we're going to have, whatever!

So enjoy the day with your family. Have a nibble of this and a taste of that. We all have to learn to live REAL LIVES and holidays with food is part of that. Just remember that Friday it's no longer the holiday and get back on track with protein, fluids, etc.

We're all going to be just fine - I KNOW it![/quote']

Lmao I'll switch the cornbread stuffing with oyster stuffing it's my favorite :). We do a lot of shrimp cocktail,sautéed oysters along with the turkey and homemade cranberry sauce.

So IF you could eat all of the above, your total calorie intake would be a whopping 208 calories.

This looks pretty close to right for servings and calories, but I already know there is no way I could get all of that in me at once. I was getting worried, but I'm not now! Thanks for posting this!

With everyone expressing concern about over-eating on Thanksgiving, consider this (taken from My Fitness Pal):

Gee whiz - worries gone! No, you might not get in all of your Protein - for this ONE day. And you might exceed your carbs - for this ONE day. But really, at 208 calories I'm not even thinking about being bothered by this at all (and let's face it, NO WAY can any of us eat that much in one sitting).

Now the big "gotcha" will be the desserts. A slice of pumpkin or pecan pie has about 400 calories (1/8 of 9" pie). But ya know, the 2-3 bites we're going to have, whatever!

So enjoy the day with your family. Have a nibble of this and a taste of that. We all have to learn to live REAL LIVES and holidays with food is part of that. Just remember that Friday it's no longer the holiday and get back on track with protein, fluids, etc.

We're all going to be just fine - I KNOW it!

Thank you for breaking that down realistically for me. I feel much better now and I know I can handle Thanksgiving like that.

NGM- The place I went before was the one where you add all of your toppings yourself and you pay by weight. I know there were sugar free options and I will definitely go for that this summer. It will help with the Protein, and like you said a couple of oz is a nice treat!!

I used to go to those places. I loved the sugar free yogurt and used to put the fresh fruit on top. I can't even imagine how small of a serving I would be able to eat now. LOL.

the serving is small but you will be full

2 Month Update........See below :D

momof those are great stats. yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy

well today is my daughters engagement party at bj's pizza salad Pasta. hummmmmmmmmmm this will be interesting for me. i got this

Has anyone had any times where you just felt "off"? I only ask because I remember my doc and nurse telling me to get to the er if you ever did. And I feel off but I'm wondering if it's just something coming on (tis the season for illnesses).

I haven't really been able to eat yesterday, or today. I couldn't get much in me yesterday (but I felt fine). Today I feel like garbage and had a Protein Shake that went down fine, but I'm trying to eat dinner and it's torture. And strange pains...I think I should call it a day and just go to bed.

Has anyone had any times where you just felt "off"? I only ask because I remember my doc and nurse telling me to get to the er if you ever did. And I feel off but I'm wondering if it's just something coming on (tis the season for illnesses).

I haven't really been able to eat yesterday, or today. I couldn't get much in me yesterday (but I felt fine). Today I feel like garbage and had a Protein Shake that went down fine, but I'm trying to eat dinner and it's torture. And strange pains...I think I should call it a day and just go to bed.

Any fever?

Momofthings - Call your surgeon's office. They should have someone on call who will know what questions to ask, etc. to evaluate whether or not your symptoms are surgery related or not. Your surgeon was well paid and questions like this are part of the job. My dad is a physician and being on call just goes with the territory :)

bukki. it went so well i need to post some pics. i did good with eating i ate 1 small slice of pizza and about 1/2 cup of ceaser salad felt fine so i got another slice of pizza and took one bite and was done. had two protien shakes just in case i didnt get my protien and i went over so it was a good day for me