Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

I have also been hungry lately, every two hours I feel like I'm starving. I tend to eat too fast and then I'm in pain. I'm not sure if I'm allowed almonds yet but I ate them yesterday since its Protein. I ate 2 servings, it went down so easy and didn't hurt at all. The only bad thing is its high in calories, 170 a serving which is 1/4 cup. Those of you trying to get extra calories in might want to try almonds.

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I went out and bought a elliptical machine after work today. Walking mils a day has gotten so boring and it's starting to rain and get cold a lot so hope that will shake up my routine a bit. :)

Well I have a couple of infected incisions. It's always something. I had to call the doctor office and demand to speak to the surgeon so he can call me in some antibiotics.

Tomorrow will be 1 month since surgery. I'm still having the stuck feeling with certain foods. I just want to be able to sit down to eat and everything goes down easy. Getting my Water intake and Protein Shakes are very easy....why is food so hard?? tuna, fish and popsicle are my best friend. This is very hard to meet my calorie goal......just keeping the hope and faith this too shall pass.

@MDM0927, I'm going to try almonds :)

I'm mlkthomas on myfitnesspal....join me!

I don't know if I told you guys before but I don't like my nut. I feel like she doesn't know what she is talking about.. lol! I have an appointment with my reg. nut who use to be a bariatric nut. Next month. I emailed the one I don't like and heard from her today. She told me not to worry about the calorie intake nor the carbs but to focus on Protein. And 60 gram of protein a day. Just feel frustrated with not having a clear answer. I just need to know cause obviously I feel like I'm doing something wrong I haven't lost anything for days then I gain 1 lb then loose it...

On another note I went back to the gym and felt good. I'm only doing cardio for now. Once I lose more weight I will start weight training.

Sorry had to vent....

Here is another viewpoint: My PA told me yesterday at my one month appt that I can so totally live in 500 cal/per day. My fat intake should be no more than 20% of my total calories for the day and sugar should be no more than 4-5gm per serving. She wants carbs kept below 40-50 per day but she says this is really hard to do. I was cash pay so I only got one visit with a NUT and that was because I asked for it and paid for it. How many visits do y'all get when this whole experience is paid for by insurance? Just curious.

I can schedule a visit anytime it's needed with my insurance. The nut, bariatric surgeon, pcp etc.

so i callled my nut today and had her explain why i need 1200 cal aday and this is what she said

because my metabolism is moving fast and they dont want me to go into starvation mode so the calories are high because of that. makes sense to me. i am hungry every 2 hrs.

i was on a plan before and it taught me to keep my metabolism moving at fast speed so eat every 2 -3hrs to keep it burning. it was discribe like a camp fire. you have to stoke it to keep it burning, by putting smaill logs in the fire for it to continue burning. if you but a big giant log it wont burn anymore. so now i will start walking to burn up some of the calories. so i have to stoke my metabolism so it wont shut. hope that helps.

mdm you are hungry because you body is burning up fat its ok to eat small every 2 hrs.

so today i made ground turkey enchiladas that should add some calories lol. the nut said that was ok. so thats my dinner for lunch i only had string cheese and wheat crackers.

Well I have a couple of infected incisions. It's always something. I had to call the doctor office and demand to speak to the surgeon so he can call me in some antibiotics.

Sorry to hear that. How far out are you from your surgery date that hour incisions are infected.

I went out and bought a elliptical machine after work today. Walking mils a day has gotten so boring and it's starting to rain and get cold a lot so hope that will shake up my routine a bit. :)

What kind (brand) did u get?! I'm in the market myself...

Well my neighbor up & called & was like I'm craving Applebee's which I'm not a fan of, I like TGI Fridays better but it was right around the corner so I was like aight.. Y'all I was scared to death, I just got shrimp & called it a day-I'm so scared to eat these days for fear of overrating & not even full right now - I only had 3 & gave the rest to my daughter... & I have all this burping & bubbles feeling & ugh I don't like it... Stuck feeling finally seems to be subsiding...

@NG those enchiladas sound good & the 1200 calories I can understand - heck all I have set on my fitness pal is 800 cal & I've only got to that 1x

ready i still get the bubbles everytime i eat

just had my dinner i thought i was going to really love it but food now has no pleasure, i mean i think about and fantasize about food but when it comes to eating it i dont enjoy it. i made something i like enchalada. so i had an enchilada with a small spiniach salad im full but not satisfied. they had some pastries in the cafe but i didnt touch them. here are my numbers for the day

1039 cal

70 carb 10 over

107 protien way over

30 fat ok

Wow this is the 1st time I have ever really felt like i have actually been sleeved. I was tired of Water so I had an unsweetened peach tea. After drinking it I found out it has Syrup in it. Not sure how much but enough that it has turned my world upside down and not in a good way. Glad I was with family!! I truly have more respect for those that have had issues with this surgery more than I did before. Also my sister had surgery this morning. So far so good with her. Hopefully she will join the site!

I've hit the 5th or 6th week stall. I've been at the same weight for over a week. I'm increasing my exercise and I'm using MFP to keep track of my food. I'm vjfritts on mfp. This too will pass, I hope.

ready i still get the bubbles everytime i eat

Yes I don't either - it just feels weird, go from stuck feeling to this - I just wanna feel normal eating & then get full... Ugh I will get there...