Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Post Op September Sleevers, Roll Call

whitsmom im not even sure. like just now i ate 2oz of tuna with light mayo and relish, 1/2 cup applesauce, and two whole grain crackers i could not get full. im never stuffed maybe i dont take it that far i dont know. the other day i was stuffed all day weird. the bubbles come when i eat certain foods it didnt with the tuna im so confused right now. grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

for me i was also sleeved at kaiser on the 12th

i just ate lunch and i could not get full at all after i finished i felt a little full but i could proberly eat more. that really scares me

Hello! Today is day 4 post op. I have to say today has been a way better day than yesterday. I got a shower, yippee!my goal right now is getting my fluids in. Been having a tough time because I hate Protein Shakes so my Protein is lacking. I get my drain out on Monday so hoping I'll feel better by then because I am back to work on Tuesday.i am sooo tired and hoping I snap out of it soon!

day 4 for me was bad once i got to day 7-8 it was better. dont worry you will be able to get the fluids in your tummy is still swollen once the swellen goes down trust me you will get more Fluid in

@Newgrandmother.....yes I contacted doctors office.....was encouraged to walk more and take some Miralax. Doing both and hoping it works. On the bright side I ate few bites os smashed Beans with cheese melted in them.

Congrats on your weight loss so far. Thanks for sharing and caring. So glad I found this site!!!

I'm 4'11 and before I considered the surgery I was 206. Then I got to 196 then thru dietitian to 184 day of surgery 174.8

But in reality I needed the surgery because of the diabetes. after trying different medications and all of them making me really sick and felt worse than ever and not being able to control it ( one day it was 370 then drops to 60 ) my Dr. Suggested the sleeve would help me. I am so glad I did have it done. My sugar has been in the low 70's ever since I left the hospital. And I feel.good.

That is awesome that it had helped your sugar. I also had terrible headaches almost everyday but since surgery I have had not one headache!!

I'm frustrated! I'm 15 days out from surgery. I have not lost any weight for two days. I've actually put back on almost a pound. I am only getting another 40 grams of Protein about 60 total oz of Fluid. I'm feeling a lil bit depressed even. I walk everyday. Get up and get out everyday. I haven't taken a day for 11 days. I sleep good all night,,, I go back to work Monday I think that will help me a lot.

It's not that I'm hungry but I miss eating. My surgery day weight was 197 I gained 7 pounds in the hospital and I am at 186 today.

Tell me I'm gonna be okay .. I keep worrying about embolisms and stomach leaks. Maybe I'm reading to much on here. Look at me enabling on and on.... I'm just having a weird day I guess.. Sorry to sound so gloomy.

Wow, after reading some of these post; most of them, I know I am in the minority. I was sleeved on May 7th this year and I promise you I have not experience anything like I have just read. There was never any gas, pain, vomiting, discomfort or difficulty getting anything down. Of course I followed doctor's orders to the tee. I never filled the pain medication prescription because I had no pain. I was out so long after surgery until any pain must have worn off by the time I came around. My doctor, said no Protein shakes; get protein from food. I started on two chewable vitamins and a chewable Calcium tablet on the day of discharge (1 day hospitalization). I have nothing but praises for the entire experience. I can eat anything I want. I can drink wine and everything is in moderation. My desire for sweets has diminished, I don't eat it and no bread and very little rice, potatoes and pasta; really next to none and that is because the desire is not there anymore. I have lost 55 pounds with 45 more to go. I have gone from size 22 to size 16 which is a very comfortable fit. To date I have not done any exercise but plan to start Monday on 10/1. My birthday is on the 25th and I will turn 56 so my goal is 56 pounds lost by my birthday. I am very happy I made the decision to be sleeved and looking forward to the finish line. I never took meds and have always had tons of energy so no change there. I think Doctor Dexter Turnquest is the BEST!

Not enabling but rambling on and on! Sorry.

i was trying to copy and past but i cant so im going to try and get this link to you guys ok.

www.obesityhelp.com/member/carmelita/blog/2011/03/31/-2

this is a good artical for you to read about your new tummy

Thank you New Gma!! I appreciate the love and I am going right now to read your article... Nice to meet you here!!! And congrats on your loss.. and thanks for your wonderful advice!!

Sent from my htc evo 3D using VST

Wow' date=' after reading some of these post; most of them, I know I am in the minority. I was sleeved on May 7th this year and I promise you I have not experience anything like I have just read. There was never any gas, pain, vomiting, discomfort or difficulty getting anything down. Of course I followed doctor's orders to the tee. I never filled the pain medication prescription because I had no pain. I was out so long after surgery until any pain must have worn off by the time I came around. My doctor, said no Protein shakes; get protein from food. I started on two chewable vitamins and a chewable Calcium tablet on the day of discharge (1 day hospitalization). I have nothing but praises for the entire experience. I can eat anything I want. I can drink wine and everything is in moderation. My desire for sweets has diminished, I don't eat it and no bread and very little rice, potatoes and pasta; really next to none and that is because the desire is not there anymore. I have lost 55 pounds with 45 more to go. I have gone from size 22 to size 16 which is a very comfortable fit. To date I have not done any exercise but plan to start Monday on 10/1. My birthday is on the 25th and I will turn 56 so my goal is 56 pounds lost by my birthday. I am very happy I made the decision to be sleeved and looking forward to the finish line. I never took meds and have always had tons of energy so no change there. I think Doctor Dexter Turnquest is the BEST![/quote']

Sweet C!!!! Bless you for stating your truth... And I thank you for that bec so many people get so scared when they hear the horrible complications some go through unfortunately for them in sure it's never easy but I'm a diabetic and know the perils of his disease and how weight is what leads to a slow death... For many this is a positive life saving surgery and we must go into it with positivity.... Congratulations to you on your weight loss and you were so lucky to have your surgery experience... Happy for you and your new life....

Sent from my htc evo 3D using VST

This evening was very hard because I was at a conference and they served food. Not just food but one of my favorites pan pizza from Pizza Hut. With a nice 7 layer green salad sparkling punch and for dessert ice cream with toppings cherries and whip cream. No I didn't do it. I was strong

Ok I've had it, I'm very frustrated right now - everyone that's doin great, I'm glad for you & i wish you continued success so dont mind me but anyone who has experienced what I have knows how I feel right now...

For the new ones on here I was sleeves 9/12 & also had a hiatal hernia repair... I was dehydrated goin into week one & was re-hospitalized for dehydration the Wed following my surgery - also for intense left side pain(which is still giving me problems but thanks to my heating pad seems to get better & better each day) but also I have had to experience the feeling of everything be'n stuck in my chest, esophagus or whatever - it is the most discomforting thing I am currently experienced... I am soft foods & most days now Water isn't a big problem for me, it's the one thing that most of the time doesn't give me discomfort but for the last few days yes I've gotten my Protein in @ 60 or close but it has been a struggle due to the discomfort... I've been told its the hiatal hernia repair which I wasn't even having issues w/ prior to this surgery but now all of the sudden I am - I almost wish my De would have just left as is... I am sick of not even being able to drink a Protein Shake due to the discomfort - I mean its ridiculous - the only regret of having the surgery is that very reason... It's now been 2 weeks & a few days since I was sleeved & I somewhat feel defeated b/c of this - I wanna stay positive although I may not sound like it - I really do but due to this discomfort it's making me feel negative... Hearing other people say it still feels the same when I eat as it did before surgery makes me happy for them but sad for me b/c it's getting literally on my last nerve... I want to feel normal eating & not be scared to even put anything in my mouth - I'm sick of liquids Soups & etc but thinking that's my only option now till & even if the stuck feeling ever will subside...

Well that is all for now so again those not having issues trust me when I say be thankful & trust me when I say I am so happy for your continues success but please pray for some of us on here who are having these types of discomforts that they will subside ASAP.... Have a good weekend everyone & I will try & do the same... Thanks to everyone on here for their continued support...????

Sent from my iPhone using VST

I pray your situation turns around in your favor. I feel your pain and I really wish you well.

That is awesome that it had helped your sugar. I also had terrible headaches almost everyday but since surgery I have had not one headache!!

Isn't it wonderful to feel that we've made the right choice?

Ok I've had it' date=' I'm very frustrated right now - everyone that's doin great, I'm glad for you & i wish you continued success so dont mind me but anyone who has experienced what I have knows how I feel right now...

For the new ones on here I was sleeves 9/12 & also had a hiatal hernia repair... I was dehydrated goin into week one & was re-hospitalized for dehydration the Wed following my surgery - also for intense left side pain(which is still giving me problems but thanks to my heating pad seems to get better & better each day) but also I have had to experience the feeling of everything be'n stuck in my chest, esophagus or whatever - it is the most discomforting thing I am currently experienced... I am soft foods & most days now Water isn't a big problem for me, it's the one thing that most of the time doesn't give me discomfort but for the last few days yes I've gotten my Protein in @ 60 or close but it has been a struggle due to the discomfort... I've been told its the hiatal hernia repair which I wasn't even having issues w/ prior to this surgery but now all of the sudden I am - I almost wish my De would have just left as is... I am sick of not even being able to drink a Protein Shake due to the discomfort - I mean its ridiculous - the only regret of having the surgery is that very reason... It's now been 2 weeks & a few days since I was sleeved & I somewhat feel defeated b/c of this - I wanna stay positive although I may not sound like it - I really do but due to this discomfort it's making me feel negative... Hearing other people say it still feels the same when I eat as it did before surgery makes me happy for them but sad for me b/c it's getting literally on my last nerve... I want to feel normal eating & not be scared to even put anything in my mouth - I'm sick of liquids Soups & etc but thinking that's my only option now till & even if the stuck feeling ever will subside...

Well that is all for now so again those not having issues trust me when I say be thankful & trust me when I say I am so happy for your continues success but please pray for some of us on here who are having these types of discomforts that they will subside ASAP.... Have a good weekend everyone & I will try & do the same... Thanks to everyone on here for their continued support...?de0a

Sent from my iPhone using VST[/quote']

<<<<hugs>>>>

I know you are tired of hearing everyone tell you it'll get better soon, but it will get better. <<<< hugs>>>>