Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

The Last Few Hours Of The Countdown !

Well, my bag for the hospital is ready to zip up, the car is fueled up for the 3 hour drive to the hospital, Protein laden popcicle's and broths are in the freezer, various Vitamin Water zero and crystal light in the fridge, dog sitter is all lined up to take care of my hairy children, prescription for pain meds is filled, and my nerves are officially on the razor's edge ! :o Been wearing my not so spiffy hospital Bracelet since Friday and I'm having the expected huge OMG am I really doing this anxiety attack :wacko: Told my sister in law day before yesterday (swore her to secrecy), and who do I get a call from yesterday evening ??? My mother in law ! So much for sworn secrecy... :angry: I definitely won't miss the miserable gallbladder, but I'm SO afraid I'll never be able to enjoy food again... I'm taking my little netbook computer with me so PLEASE CHIME IN !!! I'm fortunate to have 2 people going with me, but not so fortunate in that one thinks this surgery is no big deal (never had any weight issues, or any surgeries) and the other thinks anyone can lose weight if you just starve yourself, take diuretics, and do weekly colonics (like she has done for 50 years), but I love 'em anyway... I'll try to post an update Tuesday afternoon as drugs permit :P All prayers, good thoughts, or cyber lucky charms will be greatly appreciated !!!

P.S. Also posted in September Sleevers Thread...

I can't send you cyber lucky charms (too much sugar) but I will send you some cyber Cheerios! Looking forward to hearing from you after you've had a wonderful nap and please, don't hesitate on using the morphine drip they provide! i loved mine. :)

Thanks for the Cheerios Ms.Skinniness ! I remember having a pain pump years ago, and though I wasn't in all that much pain, I still enjoyed using it !!! LOL :D

Good Luck & praying for a speedy pain free recovery!! I am doing my surgery on Thursday the 20th & have to say Im terrified & almost have myself talked out of it!! LOL. Im scared I will not be able to enjoy food again as well!! But my daughter (who is 15) told me...are you living to eat...or eating to live!! WOW....It got me thinking!! She is so smart lol...What she said made so much sense to me!! Still didnt calm my nerves though!! LOL.... Keep updating your progress & let us all know just how great it was!! LOL....God bless you & all of us having this surgery done :)

Wow, you sound so normal, a bit more prepared than most of us were, but completely normal.

Weekly colonics??? Holy cow, does she have any idea how bad that is for her? Occasionally they are fine, even beneficial. But weekly the will strip your intestines of the bacteria needed to digest food properly. So I guess she is right, defeating your bodies ability to digest food properly will cause you to lose weight. But in an unhealthy fashion. You migh consider suggestin she have a blood test done to ensure she is properly nourished.

Well back to you. I'm lookin forward to an update. Don't leave us hanging too long.

I'd wish you luck, but you don't need it. Preparation + Opportunity = Luck. You are definately prepared & the opportunity is here.

Good luck and God's speed to you.

If all goes well between the drugs, visitors and walking around the hospital, you will be home before you crack open that netbook.... ^_^

Good Luck! And speedy recovery. Everything would be fine :)

Best wishes and I'm gonna steal your idea for Protein Popsicles! Looking forward to your update!