Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hair Loss An Stalls

I so I've had more stalls then normal I am told. I'm in another 2 week long one and already have had a month long one! Surgery ways may 15th.

But now I am losing a lot of hair.!

Anyone who has lost a lot of hair, has it come back? I now see bald spot, I used to have beautiful thick hair now it is baby fine and so thin I can see my scalp. I don't want to dye it even though I have a ton of gray!

Help

I so I've had more stalls then normal I am told. I'm in another 2 week long one and already have had a month long one! Surgery ways may 15th.

But now I am losing a lot of hair.!

Anyone who has lost a lot of hair' date=' has it come back? I now see bald spot, I used to have beautiful thick hair now it is baby fine and so thin I can see my scalp. I don't want to dye it even though I have a ton of gray!

Help[/quote']

This is my biggest fear! Bald spots really! I'm terrified of this stage!

Mine was to my knees and really thick...now it comes just below my rear and you can see my scalp. It's not growing back yet. Still waiting *sigh*

I lost a lot of hair from month 3-8.... I never got a bald spot, I always looked normal. I have almost 2 inches of regrowth at this point, don't worry it grows back!!

When does Hair loss start? I am 2.5 months out and am taking in 100+ grams Protein a day. Every few days I run my hand threw the hair, pull on it, but so far it is not budging. Not even a strand. I am not saying I want to lose hair, but am trying to prepare mentally for it. LOL! I have always had really thick hair and no male pattern baldness in my family.

I have started to loose my hair as well :-/ I have super thick curly hair so it really worries me. I also have had a lot of stalls and have not lost what I wanted to by this point. But it is my own fault I was so focused on taking care of my mom and since I lost her I just haven't even tried to follow a diet

I've been lucky so far but I am only 1.5 months out.

It's been 4 months since my surgery ..and just last week I've notice its falling out ..like a lot!!!!

My nutritionist said hair thinning/loss can start 3 months out and last for 3 months. Best way to fight it is make sure that you get 60-80 grams of Protein every day. She also recommended biotene supplements.

I started losing my hair pretty quickly - about 4-5 weeks out. Dr. thought it was strange, so I went to my PCP who did bloodwork to see if something else was going on (there wasn't). Told to up my Protein, said some people take Biotin, and just wait it out.

Hi there... I had my surgery in Dec. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any Hair loss at all. I can give you some advise, Protein is essential because that's exactly what your hair is protein. Try keeping up with the Protein Shakes and Biotin 5000mcg. I believe strongly that the Biotin has salvaged my hair. Hope this was helpful... Good Luck!

Hi there... I had my surgery in Dec. I can honestly say that I have not experienced any hair loss at all. I can give you some advise' date=' Protein is essential because that's exactly what your hair is Protein. Try keeping up with the protein shakes and Biotin 5000mcg. I believe strongly that the Biotin has salvaged my hair. Hope this was helpful... Good Luck![/quote']

Oh Alex thank u do much for your post! What a relief to hear one positive Hair loss story! I'm 5 weeks out and haven't swallowed pills can I swallow the biotin already? If so I will start them ASAP ! Thank u!

Hi Ladydee... The Biotin is a very small gel cap, similar to a Vitamin D or E. When I asked my doctor if I can take it he said yes and I was just a month in as well. Trust me your going to be so happy but be patient it does take a few weeks for you to see the hair growing and getting stronger. Don't be sad it will be fine trust me. Good luck girl. Keep me posted :-)

Also Ladydee... Try Beautiful collection semi permanent color advanced gray solution by Clairol until you feel comfortable enough to use your usual hair color.