Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hungry?! Really?! Am I Alone?

I too had a story book surgery and healing, other than the Hair loss I have NO complaints, can eat anything without a problem, have never been nauseous or vomited. I am 8 months post op. I have spells that I am hungry and like other authors, it's usually because I haven't had enough dense Protein. Everything changes from day to day including your taste buds. Today I love cabbage rolls, tomorrow I hate them. Today I can eat 4 oz's of chicken, tomorrow 2. It's important that you not feel hungry and deprived. Eat a little trail mix (mostly nuts) when you're having a hunger spell and it's not really time to eat. It works for me. The dense solid protein hangs around for a long time. Yogurt protein does NOTHING for me. You'll find the right combination that works for you. My Dr told me to always measure my food, use a bread plate and I'll probably never gain any weight, unless I get used to slider foods. I wish you the best of luck.

One quick note. Someone on here was saying that Protein Shots are not good because they are made of collagen Protein instead of whey and that your body does not digest them the same way. So have to agree that you probably need some dense meat instead. Just a thought.

I agree the Protein shots are not dense Protein and Protein Shots are just for added protein, but it's not going to fill you up.

If I am hungry, it is because I am hungry and of course at times I get upset because I am full and only had a few bites of food and I missed out eating, let's say my salad, and then I think about the salad I could not eat. I find that when I get hungry a few hours after I eat, it's because my metabolism has sped up and your body wants something, so I usually opt for a 1/2 a cup of skim milk and that fills me right up.

Dosage?

I was soo tired last night :) sorry I was thinking about how when my mother was having really bad acid reflux her doctor gave her stronger meds...

I have been drinking protien shots. Hmmm maybe I need to try uping the grams I guess. Thanks.

The Protein shots are a waste of effort. They won't satisfy your hunger and the Protein is giving you no nutritional value whatsoever. The protein in them cannot be absorbed by the body. Please start eating dense solid Proteins. Also, don't discount what a little roughage will do for you if you are still hungry. I sometimes wrap my meat in a lettuce wrap and it's surprising how much more satisfied I am as opposed to just eating the meat alone.

Thanks for the inout ya'll. I am going to take some chicken cubes, eggs and such with me and see if that helps. I tried a Protein Shake this morning and while it staved off the hunger a little longer than usual it didn't quite do the trick. *Fingers crossed*

Hmmm....I notice we're both Dr. Kim patients too! He uses the endoscope to size the sleeve, which is equivalent to a 34 bougie, which is very small....so it's weird that I can hold so much and that we're both so hungry....

I've heard that maybe I have a "long" stomach??

Hmmm that is a possibility. I have another post op in November I am surely going to ask. I was actually thinking of calling up there and speaking to the nurse and see what she says. I love Dr. Kim he has a great staff and much more support in comparison to what I had in the past with my last doc and lapband.

I have been drinking protien shots. Hmmm maybe I need to try uping the grams I guess. Thanks.

Are these shots whey isolate Protein?

Sent from my iPhone using VST

The Protein shots are a waste of effort. They won't satisfy your hunger and the Protein is giving you no nutritional value whatsoever. The protein in them cannot be absorbed by the body. Please start eating dense solid Proteins. Also' date=' don't discount what a little roughage will do for you if you are still hungry. I sometimes wrap my meat in a lettuce wrap and it's surprising how much more satisfied I am as opposed to just eating the meat alone.[/quote']

I concur with bbean those shots are actually good to use as skin lotion (collagen) but not food ,they are a hoax! I get hungry on heavy exercise days and do eat a couple hundred extra calories.I am not crazy about lettuce but have found if I eat 4 reduced fat triscuits to begin my meals I eat less and stay full longer . Btw I never thought reduced fat would be in my lexicon or I would be counting triscuits but I guess nothing changes until we change it!

Thanks for the inout ya'll. I am going to take some chicken cubes' date=' eggs and such with me and see if that helps. I tried a Protein shake this morning and while it staved off the hunger a little longer than usual it didn't quite do the trick. *Fingers crossed*[/quote']

Maybe it's just a coincidence for me, but 3 days of strict protein-only and my hunger has basically disappeared. The thought of grazing makes me feel queasy.

Scrambled eggs

Cottage cheese

chicken

Soft fresh mozz

Protein drinks

Some shredded pot roast

I'll take it for now!

When I take my omeprazole 2 times a day, I have less hunger. Mostly i forget to take them and end up hungry and eating more than I want too. :)