Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

How Do You Make The Time Go By?

I am so anxiously awaiting my surgery date, and it feels like time is going by so slow! I have a little more than 2 months left. I could have had my surgery a lot faster, but I'm a college student so I wanted to have it when I know I would have a big enough break to recover instead of taking off 2 weeks of class. I'm having it done the week before thanksgiving so I figure 1 1/2 weeks will be long enough since I have about 3 hours of class a day I think I'll be able to handle it. After appendix surgery I was in my dorm room the next day.

Anyway what did/do you do to make the time go by faster? I'm so tempted to bump my date up but I know it's not the best option for me.

In my case, I was given my date only two weeks ahead of time so that was a pretty short wait.

Time is time. It won't go faster. Just ride it out. From my experience, the closer I got to the date, the faster time seemed to move.

I am so anxiously awaiting my surgery date' date=' and it feels like time is going by so slow! I have a little more than 2 months left. I could have had my surgery a lot faster, but I'm a college student so I wanted to have it when I know I would have a big enough break to recover instead of taking off 2 weeks of class. I'm having it done the week before thanksgiving so I figure 1 1/2 weeks will be long enough since I have about 3 hours of class a day I think I'll be able to handle it. After appendix surgery I was in my dorm room the next day.

Anyway what did/do you do to make the time go by faster? I'm so tempted to bump my date up but I know it's not the best option for me.[/quote']

I say enjoy all the food you can rejoice the buffet cause once u get Ur date all that will be over and fasting will incur and u will realize that the time flew by. Good luck n enjoy while u still can

I suggest you have insurance approval, 100% before you plan when YOU want to have the surgery. I did that, and got denied...ruined my whole summer, and now school started--and THAT'S when I ended up with the surgery! If you are approved, go for it!

Otherwise, enjoy some foods you love and do the diet the rest of the time. Exercise twice daily...walking a mile each time...and you'll be all set..and well occupied.

I got my surgery date (10/11/12) on Aug. 28th and I thought it was so far away but time does sneak up and now it's only one month away! I've been on bed rest for the past 2 weeks for a bad abductor/hip flexer muscle sprain and I'm so glad I started my Pre-op diet plan or I would have gained like 10 pounds! This forum and watching Utube videos help pass the time. Also, I've been incorporating some changes now that will help after surgery like: no beverages 1/2 hour before and after meals, small bites of food chewed thoroughly, I'm writing recipes down (creating my own, too), I wrote a "when I'm a size--" wish list. All things to keep me in a positive mind-frame (not easy when you're laid up and on pain meds!) good luck and keep looking to the future not back to the past!

I know the feeling! I decided on July 30 after talking with my doc that this was right for me. Now I'm jumping through insurance hoops hoping for a December date!

I have been trying to drink more Water, walk more, started yoga and Water exercise classes and eat healthier. I figure any weight I can lose now will be less I need to lose later and help me to goal that much faster.

Ive been doing makeover on my home! I built a 12 ft. Dining table, painted a picture for my guest room, refinished a chest of drawers and repainted my guest room. Made two topiaries, and two sunburst mirrors.

Next up: painting my kitchen, living and diningroom,make two bookcases for my livingroom wall,and making two chandeliers to go over my new table. Repainting a coffee table to go with my new paint, and making slip covers for my livingroom chairs. Then, painting a 6' round tabletop into a clock to pit on the wall behind my couch. Whew!

I really only think about my surgery at night, mainly. When Im doing projects, I'm in the zone' and get excited about my project. :) its good exercise too. 6 months is a loooong time to wait, so I got busy to pass the time.

I attached a pic of my new table- its a metal top- distressed. I love it!!

post-52929-13813670592087_thumb.jpg

[ATTACH]4948[/ATTACH]

post-68618-13813670592857_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4949[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH]4950[/ATTACH]

post-28477-13813660007259_thumb.png

post-28477-13813660007819_thumb.png

post-28477-13813660008436_thumb.png

Oh, and Im going to my last Nut appt. On the 27th of this month. Then the paperwork is submitted, and hopefully I'll be approved. That only leaves me two weeks to get it all done!!!

Dr. Davidson, in Dallas, is my surgeon. Love him.

I bought a house and moved the day I started my 10 day preop diet. That kept me occupied.

Don't go on a junk food farewell tour. Instead use the time to break your addiction to caffeine if you have one, practice chewing properly and not drinking with your meals, and start getting used to Protein shakes. Find some you like and drink one a day. For some people they are an acquired taste. They get easier to drink but a lot of people don't bother until they have surgery and then it's really difficult. Also start exercising, the better shape you're in the easier your recovery will be.

I submitted to insurance on8/24 and had my approval by 8/29. So it's not even about waiting for that. My date just seems like years away. I'm trying to calm down on my eating because i feel like i've gained weight since my consult and i would rather lose. i'm going to therapy to try to get myself fully prepared for this journey, but getting to my goal seems like forever.

I have visit 5 of 6 for my medically supervised weight loss on Monday. This whole process has been endless. I already finished every test I needed to do. This 6 month insurance required delay has been very annoying. I'm one of those people who likes to do something once I decide to do it. I am not good at waiting for it to happen.

Ive been doing makeover on my home! I built a 12 ft. Dining table' date=' painted a picture for my guest room, refinished a chest of drawers and repainted my guest room. Made two topiaries, and two sunburst mirrors.

Next up: painting my kitchen, living and diningroom,make two bookcases for my livingroom wall,and making two chandeliers to go over my new table. Repainting a coffee table to go with my new paint, and making slip covers for my livingroom chairs. Then, painting a 6' round tabletop into a clock to pit on the wall behind my couch. Whew!

I really only think about my surgery at night, mainly. When Im doing projects, I'm in the zone' and get excited about my project. :) its good exercise too. 6 months is a loooong time to wait, so I got busy to pass the time.

[/quote']

1st let me say, "you rock, girl!" Come help me with some do it yourself projects-I need inspiration! I am hoping to have a massive garage sale this fall, to keep me busy pre and lost op! Anyway, Old habbits are hard to break- especially with food. I've been on preop diet since 8/15 (lost about 14 pounds-yaaa!) started implementing changes like smaller bites and chew thoroughly, no bevs. 1/2 hr. B4/after meals, etc. I cheated and boy did I pay for it! When you eat "clean" your body reacts! The ice cream (full fat, with choc. Syrup and nuts) was not worth it after all! My body couldn't process all the fat and sugar-I was up all night! I tried to justify eating it because it was my dinner and my cals. for the day were low! Lesson learned!

Ive been doing makeover on my home! I built a 12 ft. Dining table, painted a picture for my guest room, refinished a chest of drawers and repainted my guest room. Made two topiaries, and two sunburst mirrors.

post-28477-13813660007259_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4948[/ATTACH]

post-28477-13813660007819_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4949[/ATTACH]

post-28477-13813660008436_thumb.png

[ATTACH]4950[/ATTACH]

That painting is really wonderful!

My surgery should be in November/December. I too had to wait 6 months and the first few months dragged. Now, I've got so many doctor appointments, the time is really flying. Since I moved into mom's house, I've been repainting my bedroom and trying to get it ready by the time I have the surgery. In the meantime, enjoy your favorite food and get whatever you'll need for after the surgery together.

Mys is in dec and what ive been doing is slowly changing my eating habits. Fisrt i stop drinking sodas and then i stop regular sugar and got splenda. After that i only drink Water or crystal light and 1% milk. Small changes to prepare my body. Oh n i dance zumba