Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Ok so I had the infamous three week stall... But I got over it. And when I get my period I dont lose as much

But I have been stalled for like 2 weeks now and I don't have my period.

I think my problem is not enough exercise and not being able to resist temptation as well

I am almost five months out and down 110 pounds... But I still weigh 262!!

Far from goal

Any suggestions? Anyone wanna give me a swift kick in the behind?

I feel like I should know the answer but can not enough Protein slow your weight loss? I prob get about 30 grams a day... I know... Bad

You definitely need to resist temptation. You have done fantastic with your weight loss up till now. Go back to the strict eating the program requires to get back on track. You can do it, don't stop now:)

I am totally with you. I am about 15 weeks out and have been on a very frustrating 3 week stall. I dont feel like I've changed my diet or exercise other than maybe I should be working out 5-6 days a week instead of 3-4. I also get in about 30-40g of Protein a day and am wondering if that's affecting my diet and Hair loss. Keep up the good work so far!!

I can sympathize with you, livinglifeout.

I can honestly say I HAVE been resisting temptation: no 'white foods' (rice, potatoes, flour, or added sugars). I read labels and watch carbs and sugars. Also, I am in week 5 of a 10-week boot camp . I go 4 days a week instead of 6 because of work and other obligations. All that, and I'm only down 38 pounds since July 3, 2012!!!! While I have lost numerous inches, and gone down approx. 3 clothing sizes, I am stuck in terms of weight loss.

Soooo, I have decided to do a 2-week liquid Protein diet( and a Protein bar/atkins bar. I need to chew something). I just want to jump-start the weight loss again.

Good luck to you!

1. Resist temptation.

2. Increase your Protein significantly. I'm not as far out as you but I went to the surgeon today and she said the reason I'm doing so well is because I'm taking in well over the minimum protein requirements.

I can sympathize with you, livinglifeout.

I can honestly say I HAVE been resisting temptation: no 'white foods' (rice, potatoes, flour, or added sugars). I read labels and watch carbs and sugars. Also, I am in week 5 of a 10-week boot camp . I go 4 days a week instead of 6 because of work and other obligations. All that, and I'm only down 38 pounds since July 3, 2012!!!! While I have lost numerous inches, and gone down approx. 3 clothing sizes, I am stuck in terms of weight loss.

Soooo, I have decided to do a 2-week liquid Protein diet( and a Protein bar/atkins bar. I need to chew something). I just want to jump-start the weight loss again.

Good luck to you!

I am totally thinking about doing a 2 week jump start also! I am 10 weeks out and have only lost 25 pounds. 17 in month one and 7 in month 2 and then one this month, i also had surgery on July 3rd. I am just so siiick of Protein shakes I just don't think I could tolerate it:/ But i really don't know why my weight loss is so very slow, if this is the prime time to be losing, imagine how slow it will be in the future:(

I am totally with you. I am about 15 weeks out and have been on a very frustrating 3 week stall. I dont feel like I've changed my diet or exercise other than maybe I should be working out 5-6 days a week instead of 3-4. I also get in about 30-40g of Protein a day and am wondering if that's affecting my diet and hair loss. Keep up the good work so far!!

I was told 90-100g of Protein. My surgeon measures our lean body mass and we divide that # by 2 and than times that number by 1.5 and that is supposed to be your protein #. For example, my LBM is 120 so 120/2 is 60 and than 60*1.5 is 90. But it is hard for me to get that in every day.

My NUT said same thing. She said if you ever stall don't make the mistake of eating less or excercising more-increase your protein! 50-60 keeps you stable but 90-95 is necessary to continue losing.

I am totally thinking about doing a 2 week jump start also! I am 10 weeks out and have only lost 25 pounds. 17 in month one and 7 in month 2 and then one this month, i also had surgery on July 3rd. I am just so siiick of Protein shakes I just don't think I could tolerate it:/ But i really don't know why my weight loss is so very slow, if this is the prime time to be losing, imagine how slow it will be in the future:(

Bingo! This is supposed to be the prime time for weight loss! Oy, vey...

I stalled. I went on a cruise. At small but whatever I wanted and I LOST weight drastically. I believe my body needed variety of fat and different aspects of nutrition as well as the strenuous physical exertion of touring we did. Lots of walkin & climbing. So.....est more and woke out more!

what are y'all using to get all that Protein? Protein shakes?

Protein Shakes, cheese sticks, tuna, Power Crunch bars (yummy! Like vanilla wafer cookies) and more Protein shakes. I try to drink 2 a day right now.

I am 30 days post surgery. I have been stuck for the last week. I drink 3-4 Protein shakes a day....either the GNC brand or Ensure.

I still do not eat much.....I have an occasional meal of mashed potatoes or refried Beans and two night ago ate a scrambled egg. I sometimes eat a snack of natural Peanut Butter.

What am I doing wrong?

I stalled. I went on a cruise. At small but whatever I wanted and I LOST weight drastically. I believe my body needed variety of fat and different aspects of nutrition as well as the strenuous physical exertion of touring we did. Lots of walkin & climbing. So.....est more and woke out more!

I agree! I was on a stall & did this too and what my body was holding on to in starvation mode, it let it go. I needed some sugar & fat. I find the more often I eat, the smaller the meals, the more I lose. Like a fire consistently being stoked--it burns longer.