Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Pre-Op / Post-Op Liquid Diet?

Oh I feel so stressed. I am trying to prepare and stock up on things I need for after I have my surgery this week (Thursday OMG!!) and I know we have to has SF Jello, Protein shakes,SF popsicles does the color/flavor matter? but I also read about drinking broth.

Any suggestions on the broth? Can I make my own or just buy it?

How long do we drink it for? I am just a nut case today trying to sort things out. At least I have all my Vitamins and I found a Protein shake that I like. But I hear that can change after surgery.

I know these are all dumb questions but I feel lost and scared of the unknown..

I know things can get confusing at times. It can be pretty overwhelming. And...no question is dumb if you don't have the answer to it! :)

Again, I haven't had my surgery (am in the liquid diet stage) yet but my doc said that I can have a low-fat chicken broth. I chose low sodium, too. Store brand is fine. If you make your own, just watch the fat content you use (and remove) while cooking it. I'm only allowed 1 a day because he wants us to be as close to 800 calories as possible. The chicken broth is a nice change of pace from the sweet stuff (I am not a sweet fan).

I will be on liquid and full liquids for 6 weeks post-op.

I hope this helps just a little.

You can make your own broth, just keep it low sodium. You may want some flavoring for your Water, or low calorie, low sugar drinks. It sounds like you're pretty prepared, though.

We have the same surgery date! I just started Liquid today. I find the Isopure clear flavored Protein Drinks to taste okay, so I am drinking those and it really seems to help the hunger. I am going to the store for broth, egg drop Soup mix (if it looks nutritionally okay) and SF Jello.< /p>

Good luck on Thurdsay!

You can make your own broth' date=' just keep it low sodium. You may want some flavoring for your Water, or low calorie, low sugar drinks. It sounds like you're pretty prepared, though.[/quote']

Thanks. I'll try making my own. I don't like the canned stuff.

We have the same surgery date! I just started Liquid today. I find the Isopure clear flavored Protein drinks to taste okay' date=' so I am drinking those and it really seems to help the hunger. I am going to the store for broth, egg drop Soup mix (if it looks nutritionally okay) and SF Jello.

Good luck on Thurdsay![/quote']

I hear the Isopure is good. I'm going to have to try it. Egg drop soup sounds good too. I was thinking miso soup. Thinking of making my own sf Jello.< /p>

Great to know someone else with the same date as me. Where are you having your done? Let's keep in touch.

I hear the Isopure is good. I'm going to have to try it. Egg drop Soup sounds good too. I was thinking miso soup. Thinking of making my own sf Jello.

Great to know someone else with the same date as me. Where are you having your done? Let's keep in touch.

My husband made some Miso soup and it was pretty good...super salty, but okay.

I'm headed to Mexico (no insurance coverage for WLS). How about you?

Hi all, I've just bought fruit punch Protein powder( haven't tried it yet) ...I wanted to know what kind of Vitamins I should be taking ( Pre-Op phase) ?

Hello scaredoftheunknown and jiji-I am also having my sleeve done on Thursday. I've got enough stuff for about a week, then I figure I'll send the hubby out for some things...:) Wishing you both the absolute best on Thursday!

Good luck to you too Aligayle! I'm nervous, but super excited!

My husband made some Miso Soup and it was pretty good...super salty, but okay.

I'm headed to Mexico (no insurance coverage for WLS). How about you?

I'm having mine done is South San Francisco Kaiser.. Dr. Le is my surgeon. I too am excited yet nervous.

Hi New Victoria,

My dr. told me to start taking all the Vitamins I will be taking post op. I am not taking Iron. but everything else you do want to start up asap.

Hello scaredoftheunknown and jiji-I am also having my sleeve done on Thursday. I've got enough stuff for about a week, then I figure I'll send the hubby out for some things... :) Wishing you both the absolute best on Thursday!

Hi! I am glad to meet someone else with the same surgery date as me. How are you doing? Are you all prepared for the big day?

I had a busy day getting my stuff ready. I still have to pack but I cleaned, washed even washed the car. I am ready for the new me.